Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Before I whine at my local dealer, I figured I'd ask here first for ideas, in case I'm doing something bone-headed.

My driver's seat used to move back when I opened the door, but has stopped doing so. I checked the menu option for it; it's still set to "extended".

Could some other setting I've overlooked be governing this behaviour? Is it user error? Or has something finally gone wrong with the car at last?

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Mystery solved. User is a moron. Or, as we say in my day job, PICNIC.

The seat was already fully back, and the steering wheel had been extended instead, so I didn't notice.

It can only have happened when I recently left the car with my local wash-and-valet crew, as that's the only time I handed the key to anyone else. Evidently one of them adjusted the settings to manoeuvre the car and I never realised because I didn't have to reach for the wheel.

So, lesson learned. Check the settings next time.

·
Registered
'17 Marina Blue HEV Ltd I O N I Q since 25 Jul '17
1,825 Posts
Happy it worked out for you and you reached the bottom of the mystery.

Reactions: Alex

·
Registered
519 Posts
Lucky you though, I was expecting my top trim PHEV to have this feature along with folding mirrors, but no such luck for me. I'm envying you @Alex, enjoy! :)

Reactions: KevinT and Alex

·
Registered
636 Posts
Lucky you though, I was expecting my top trim PHEV to have this feature along with folding mirrors, but no such luck for me. I'm envying you @Alex, enjoy! :)
I hate that Canada didn't get the vented front seats and seat memory options on the top trims. (Okay, the top HEV trim got seat memory with BEV/PHEV out of luck, but none of them offer vented seats here.)

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I hate that Canada didn't get the vented front seats and seat memory options on the top trims. (Okay, the top HEV trim got seat memory with BEV/PHEV out of luck, but none of them offered vented seats here.)
Everyone knows that all of Canada is sub-zero all year round; why would any car need vented seats?

·
Registered
519 Posts
Everyone knows that all of Canada is sub-zero all year round; why would any car need vented seats?
Perhaps so, but I personally put away a lot of chili and hot sauce to keep warm on a cold day. Just sayin' ;)

·
Registered
155 Posts
We slavs keep warm with a bottle of alcohol (at least 45%)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts