Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
The rubber seal around the opening where the door fits has cracked. See photos. The crack/tear is around 8-10cm long and is along the verticle edge that gets flattened by the closing door.

The last driver before me was a little taller than me and maybe used to hit the B pillar on entering the car with the seat a few cm further back than myself.

I will be checking this out with the dealer on my next visit. Can't see why this isnt a warrenty issue.

Attachments

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
STANDY BY YOUR BEDS... BLACKPOOL HYUNDAI REFUSED TO PUT A WARRENTY CASE IN... YOU'VE OBVIOUSLY BEEN USING IT.

They changed their mind while i was on the phone to hyundai uk... and mentioned tgat they had not replied to a call i made about my engine fault yet from 1st may...

CAN EVERY TALL IONIQ DRIVER PLEASE check that their door seals are in tact... or if they brush the seal that there is any sign of wear...

Angry of Preston
Not merchantable quality!

·
Registered
435 Posts
Since your car is second hand, you can’t have an idea about the prior owner’s activities. To have the seal broken in that particular place would take a child size person hitting it regularly when mounting the seat, not a tall adult, so I see a reason why they refuse to do the repair under warranty. Did they quote you for the repair? Maybe you should fix it in a repair shop with an aftermarket seal.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Since your car is second hand, you can’t have an idea about the prior owner’s activities. To have the seal broken in that particular place would take a child size person hitting it regularly when mounting the seat, not a tall adult, so I see a reason why they refuse to do the repair under warranty. Did they quote you for the repair? Maybe you should fix it in a repair shop with an aftermarket seal.
Small people? I wondered what made you say that and realised you had not recognised that the photos are actually of the vertical part of the door seal. Lol ;)

I do know that the very tall, 6' 4", Sales Manager at Vantage drove the car around 80 miles every day having charged the car at the dealer. This actually accounts for the 8k miles on the clock in 6 months. His height also lends itself to some wear occurring on his watch as every day he would certainly have had to gain entry to the car with only an 18" gap between the cars... In the UK parking space is at a premium.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Warrenty work approved by Hyundai - door weather strip

Chorley Hyundai at Blackpool have just confirmed that Hyundai, in their great wisdom, have decided that my door body weather seal should be replaced under warrenty. He suggests that Hyundai will take this as an example for their quality people.

I have added a photo that shows the door closed with the window open, looking down at the inner window sill, the crack is where the window starts.
The other photo shows the wear that has occurred along the middle third of the seal edge.

The seal that is affected is the one attached to the body not the door. As you enter the car with the door open at its minimum designed setting 6-8" max, perhaps in a UK car park, it is very difficult not the brush against this seal.

Attachments

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Looks like it could be caused by a badly aligned door! Any Mark's on door?
No marks on the door but there may be a little extra pressure from the transition in the door shape change. The wear on the edge of the seal definately lead to the crack but the extra pressure didn't help.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
About this Discussion
8 Replies
4 Participants
BlueNev
Hyundai IONIQ Forum
A community of Hyundai Ioniq enthusiasts discussing the electric acceleration & reliability of the Hyundai ioniq hybrid.
Full Forum Listing