Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Prius had a gear labeled "B" to add engine drag when descending or approaching a stop. Does anyone shift to Sport and downshift to accomplish this? Is it regenerative or just brake-saving?

Thanks all.

·
Registered
3,473 Posts
You have two ways to activate regenerative braking. One is with the brake pedal. Best practice for high mileage is light braking (not bringing hydraulic brakes into play) long before you stop. Sorry, don't need to lecture to a Prius owner as this is exactly the same, just no B option. The other way is to use cruise control. While in cruise, reducing the speed will be assisted by regenerative braking. It also happens on downhills in cruise control.

·
Registered
725 Posts
You have two ways to activate regenerative braking. One is with the brake pedal. Best practice for high mileage is light braking (not bringing hydraulic brakes into play) long before you stop. Sorry, don't need to lecture to a Prius owner as this is exactly the same, just no B option. The other way is to use cruise control. While in cruise, reducing the speed will be assisted by regenerative braking. It also happens on downhills in cruise control.

Yes I use both of those. Don't feel any need for anything else :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 3 of 3 Posts