Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked up my Ioniq Hybrid yesterday but the air vents for climate control at the back of the centre console look unfinished (to me).

I've attached two pics.

To me it looks like there should be a surround over the blue areas as there's a gap around them.

Can someone please confirm if this is what theirs looks like?

Many thanks.

Regards,
Tony

Attachments

·
Registered
344 Posts
That definitely looks wrong in general. But that isn't something that they install at the dealer, that's from the factory. I wonder if there are more cases like this that people just haven't noticed ?

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That definitely looks wrong in general. But that isn't something that they install at the dealer, that's from the factory. I wonder if there are more cases like this that people just haven't noticed ?
Exactly - that's a QA fail at the factory.

I've contacted the dealer who are going to discuss with their Parts & Service team. Hopefully will hear how this will be resolved sometime today.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Any response from the parts and service guys? I guess it may take a little longer as they may have to contact Hyundai directly as it's an assembly issue?

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Any response from the parts and service guys? I guess it may take a little longer as they may have to contact Hyundai directly as it's an assembly issue?
Hi, yes - got the following from the Sales Exec:

Just tot let you know we have ordered the part, it may take a couple of weeks to arrive but as soon as it does we will send it to you.
Just a matter of sitting tight for the time being.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Sweet, the main thing is that their tending to it and you'll have it soon enough. I can't imagine it's anything hard then literally pressing it into place as well.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Service Centre has fitted the part now and was not happy with the dealer who I'd bought the car from, who should have picked up and resolved the issue before selling the car to me.

Not an easy job as the whole of the centre console has to be removed to fit it! Apparently took several hours to do the work.

I think they said they'd be sending the dealer who sold me the car, the bill for it!

I'm just glad that has been resolved as I know it was just a minor thing, but I knew it was there and was visible to me each time I got in the vehicle.

·
Registered
36 Posts
It's crazy that this kind of things can happen anno 2017. I had the impression that the Koreans were quite pedantic in the production.

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
Jesus wtf is going on with your car?? O.0

·
Super Moderator
1,795 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
I reckon its because it's a new line and thing not going through quite as they should. If demand is as high as it seems to be then I suspect they are under pressure to produce large volumes fairly quickly.

I suspect that was the problem with mine as well. A bigger concern to me right now is the quality of some of the dealerships some of which are pretty poor, others extremely good.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I reckon its because it's a new line and thing not going through quite as they should. If demand is as high as it seems to be then I suspect they are under pressure to produce large volumes fairly quickly.

I suspect that was the problem with mine as well. A bigger concern to me right now is the quality of some of the dealerships some of which are pretty poor, others extremely good.
The cosmetic issues I have show a complete lack of Quality Assurance from the factory and a complete lack of diligence on the part of the Dealer who should have been checking for issues before the car was sold and getting them put right.

At least my car is unique!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts