Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
apperently it has, but its not yet activated
Here is an official video (around 49 seconds in the video)

·
Registered
302 Posts
Hyundai co-owner of Ionity. How could it be that the Ioniq 5 is not already compatible Plug and charge? Or that no firmware update is in the works?

·
Registered
54 Posts
As Said they show it in videos, so I think with a future software update… nothing else we can do than wait

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hyundai co-owner of Ionity. How could it be that the Ioniq 5 is not already compatible Plug and charge? Or that no firmware update is in the works?
Kind of like how VW is the co-owner of Electrify America, yet VW's EVs don't support Plug and Charge at EA chargers (the EA chargers do support Plug and Charge with the Ford Mach E). I wonder if or when EA chargers will support Plug and Charge with the Ioniq 5 (whenever it becomes available in the US).

·
Registered
2021 Chevy Bolt, reserved Ioniq 5
454 Posts
Kind of like how VW is the co-owner of Electrify America, yet VW's EVs don't support Plug and Charge at EA chargers (the EA chargers do support Plug and Charge with the Ford Mach E). I wonder if or when EA chargers will support Plug and Charge with the Ioniq 5 (whenever it becomes available in the US).
At the rate it going, Hyundai will have plenty of time to add the feature before we see our first car.

·
Registered
34 Posts
It is not a question of if or when EA chargers will support Plug and Charge with the Ioniq 5. That is because EA charges already support the Plug and Charge standard. It is a question of if or when the Ioniq 5 will support the Plug and Charge standard. The Mach E supports the standard. The ID 4 does not. VW said it will support it in a future update for the car.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Is this support by the IONIQ 5 only a matter of firmware upgrade for the 2021 models ?
I hope so. The chips that do the handshake with the DC fast charger station needs to be updated. Hopefully it can be done with a firmware update.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts