Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone!

I don't see any mention of this anywhere.

I am reading that the AWD EV6 will run with just RWD in ECO mode and light pedal.

Wondering if the Ioniq 5 is the same?

·
Registered
244 Posts
Curious how you can tell when AWD is engaged? And, do you know is there any way to have AWD engaged all the time?
Yes. I watched ioniq6 review today and Korean YouTuber has carscanner like app and it showed front and rear motor power. From eco mode, about 30-35km only rear motor was working. And the app showed regen brake power too. When you use ipedal, always both motors are engaged so it’s full time AWD with ipedal mode.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Curious how you can tell when AWD is engaged? And, do you know is there any way to have AWD engaged all the time?
As mentioned above, there is a display that shows power to and from each axle.

If you want AWD engaged all the time, one option would be to put the car into snow mode. If I recall correctly, press and hold the drive mode button to engage snow mode. When in that mode it splits the torque 50/50 between the front and rear axles.

·
Registered
149 Posts
AWD is engaged in sport mode all the time too. In normal it’s mostly rwd unless you push the pedal further. Eco is so painful to use I never select it.

·
Registered
223 Posts
AWD is engaged in sport mode all the time too. In normal it’s mostly rwd unless you push the pedal further. Eco is so painful to use I never select it.
I guess you aren’t coming from over twenty years of driving a Prius. :)

Eco mode on the Ioniq 5 has way more acceleration than any of the three Prius cars I have owned. Scooting onto the freeway in Eco usually leaves the cars behind me on the on ramp way behind me.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Haha good assumption! The first week I had it I was concerned because it felt so sluggish. I then realized I had accidentally hit the button too many times and ended up in Eco mode. Never again ;), although I guess if I ever have to take it on a long trip I may use it on the highway.

·
Registered
Ioniq 5 SE AWD
196 Posts
One of the displays on the instrument panel shows power distribution to the front and back wheels. When driving in Eco mode it shows power going to the front wheels from approximately 0-10 mph and when there is a high power demand such as going up a steep grade.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts