Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2022 Ioniq 5 Limited AWD Cyber Gray
718 Posts
I'm sure they'll plan a weekend to begin to move threads over.
Doubt it. I had to keep reminding them of this and they finally did it, but made it sub forums instead of the other regular Ioniq forums.

·
Registered
MY22 Ioniq 5 AWD
916 Posts
What's up with the new forum format?
I hope it indicates we are finally getting sub forums for the Ioniq 5. And will eventually get a proper forum for Ioniq 5. We should have had a separate I5 forum from the beginning, like it was for original Ioniq, Kona, and others. Instead of EVERYTHING being lost on a single sub forum. I used both the original Ioniq & Kona forums for years and it was incredibly easy to ask questions & find answers about, for instance, software issues in the software subforum, etc.

It might actually become a really helpful forum instead of a quagmire of mixed up threads repeatedly asking the same questions with the lead in “I’ve searched the forum and can’t find…..”

·
Registered
2022 Ioniq 5 Cyber Grey Limited
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I hope it indicates we are finally getting sub forums for the Ioniq 5. And will eventually get a proper forum for Ioniq 5. We should have had a separate I5 forum from the beginning, like it was for original Ioniq, Kona, and others. Instead of EVERYTHING being lost on a single sub forum. I used both the original Ioniq & Kona forums for years and it was incredibly easy to ask questions & find answers about, for instance, software issues in the software subforum, etc.

It might actually become a really helpful forum instead of a quagmire of mixed up threads repeatedly asking the same questions with the lead in “I’ve searched the forum and can’t find…..”
I don't think these are helpful at all. You have to click on each category to look at the individual posts. It takes way too long to look over what may be of interest. They need to open up the categories so you can see each subject.

·
Registered
867 Posts
It would be of benefit if you could just ignore the categories at the top and simply look at the highlighted messages in the original lists that show you posts you have not read - which is what I thought was happening. However, this thread was ONLY highlighted in the category ‘Powertrain and Tech’ threads so now I have to look at both lists. Like it is now is a mess.

·
Registered
MY22 Ioniq 5 AWD
916 Posts
Is there a way to get a quick overview of all the threads in the Ioniq 5 forum + all the new sub forums?
If we had a proper forum instead of a sub forum of the original IONIQ that is exactly what we would have. At least we’re half way to that level of functionality. Then you could do what I did in Kona forum = look at individual sub forums when I had time, or simply display all unviewed posts for a quick overview of new stuff.

[edit: unless something is done soon, when the Ioniq 3, Ioniq 4, Ioniq 5, Ioniq 6 and Ioniq 7, each of which will probably be a bigger forum than the original IONIQ, come on stream this forum will be a disaster, not least for original IONIQ owners]

·
Registered
MY22 Ioniq 5 AWD
916 Posts
If we had a proper forum instead of a sub forum of the original IONIQ that is exactly what we would have. At least we’re half way to that level of functionality. Then you could do what I did in Kona forum = look at individual sub forums when I had time, or simply display all unviewed posts for a quick overview of new stuff.

[edit: unless something is done soon, when the Ioniq 3, Ioniq 4, Ioniq 5, Ioniq 6 and Ioniq 7, each of which will probably be a bigger forum than the original IONIQ, come on stream this forum will be a disaster, not least for original IONIQ owners]
I forgot to add when a new post is added to any of the new sub threads/sub sub-forums (whatever they’re called), the icon on left will be illuminated until you view it, so you can see at a glance if anything has been added to each discussion.

·
Registered
130 Posts
I forgot to add when a new post is added to any of the new sub threads/sub sub-forums (whatever they’re called), the icon on left will be illuminated until you view it, so you can see at a glance if anything has been added to each discussion.
That would require you to read every thread in every subforum, whenever there are new threads/posts. So it's actually a useless feature, unless you read anything posted.
At the moment four of the subforums are "illuminated" for me, simply because the threads in them at the moment, are of no interest of me. So to check if there are any new, relevant, threads/posts in a given subforum, I'd still have to open the subforum.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I am part of a lot of forums for may years (too many cars) and just joined here.

Subforums do not work. Many of my forums have them but most users do not use them.

While it can help to isolate specific topics, it makes the forum much more cumbersome.

Generally most users, my self included, rather scroll through and see what is posted chronologically. Read what you like based on the subject title. Inevitably you read posts/subjects you may have not thought you wanted to read.

It is much MORE OF A PITA to decide...do I want to open the suspension form and see what is there, the close it,....go to the exterior forum....etc

·
Registered
13 Posts
Thanks. Wow.

It was totally UNCLEAR what that NEW button at the top did.

That does make it easier!

One of my other car forms uses this form software format. I don't hit that forum much anymore and never knew that.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts