61 - 71 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
755 Posts
Discussion Starter #61

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thanks for the detailed reply, Cha. I really appreciate the help.
I forgot to mention that I had bought the Hikari bulbs. I will play with the different angles, as I really don't want to be a nuisance to the incoming drivers.
For what it's worth, the Hikari instruction leaflet indicates that the diodes should be facing at the 3 and 9 o'clock positions, with the wire oriented at 6 o'clock (so "shading down"). I will start with that orientation.

·
Registered
755 Posts
Discussion Starter #63
Thanks for the detailed reply, Cha. I really appreciate the help.
I forgot to mention that I had bought the Hikari bulbs. I will play with the different angles, as I really don't want to be a nuisance to the incoming drivers.
For what it's worth, the Hikari instruction leaflet indicates that the diodes should be facing at the 3 and 9 o'clock positions, with the wire oriented at 6 o'clock (so "shading down"). I will start with that orientation.
When you play with the angle, you will notice “the box” above the cutoff line. Because of the shading of Hikari ultra bulbs you can have a wider ”box” than the original halogen or even no box at all.

the photo below is patern of my beamtech fa less on the right and original halogen on the left.

·
Registered
38 Posts
So i upgraded mine 2018 Hybrid in Trinidad & Tobago the guys here want to upgrade so i was the first thanks to this post i found the adpapers and i used this bulb will see how long it holds up but its great so far. Fans are quiet and it fits in the housing with the stock cover.

I used these Aukee H7 LED.

·
Read Only
2019 Hyundai Ioniq Electric
0 Posts
The Hikari are nice, but no better in fitting than the Fahren or CougarMotor LED’s I tried. No more bright or further extending either.
Nothing seems to really click into the adapters, even when trying to cut the adapters as suggested. The Hikari bulbs simply disengage from the adapter and are still able to be spun.

·
Registered
38 Posts
The Hikari are nice, but no better in fitting than the Fahren or CougarMotor LED’s I tried. No more bright or further extending either.
Nothing seems to really click into the adapters, even when trying to cut the adapters as suggested. The Hikari bulbs simply disengage from the adapter and are still able to be spun.
I used gorilla glue on the adapters with the Aukee LED it held tho smh

·
Registered
38 Posts
I considered glueing it but didn’t want to have a weird beam pattern and be stuck with it.
well, your not gonna have a weird beam pattern my bulb I just glued the bulb holder to the adapter. So in essence I can rotate the bulb to adjust the beam pattern I'm not sure how the bulb your using id made up but the bulb holder that fits into the build adapter should allow the bulb to be adjusted when glued in a fixed position.

·
Read Only
2019 Hyundai Ioniq Electric
0 Posts
Could you use these as dust covers instead of the 3D printed one?

View attachment 30433 View attachment 30434 View attachment 30435
I ordered these and wasn't crazy about how they fit. I tried about 5 different LED low beams before settling on Lasfit's. They're decent for some of the LED's that have the external driver, so you can have the driver hanging out cooling off, but when I tried them with the Hikari Ultra LED's suggested on here they were too snug and I'm pretty sure caused one of the bulbs to overheat and the fan stopped working. Plus, they don't seal fully so I'm always worried about water and dust getting in there, not to mention they let any dust and debris get on your light fan.

I am returning those rubber dust caps and just ordering some 3D printed ones from Print a Thing. Make sure it's 100% infill and not PLA. It cost me about $40

·
Registered
38 Posts
hmmn the bulbs I bought fit fine with the stock cover so far so good by my country is small so if my lights are on for any length of time its between 1 to 3 hours depending on if there is traffic. So overheat should not be an issue. Lastfit is good and it should fit with the stock cover also

·
Registered
546 Posts
hmmn the bulbs I bought fit fine with the stock cover so far so good by my country is small so if my lights are on for any length of time its between 1 to 3 hours depending on if there is traffic. So overheat should not be an issue. Lastfit is good and it should fit with the stock cover also
Are you LED bulbs touching the stock dust cover? Or is there room for the fan to have some air to rotate?

61 - 71 of 71 Posts