Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner

41 - 60 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Youtube of LED install for Tucson

I just watched this video and the procedures are similar to the Ioniq. I hope this gives everyone a good understanding of what is involved. I did this upgrade and the results are average as the parts I used may not have been the best quality. The main issue for me is beam pattern and I have tried to adjust the bulb position without any good results. Color temperature is much whiter however. I may go with HID kit at a later date.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Yes, the procedure is the same. But for people that haven't done it, it is much tighter in the Ioniq than in the Tucson.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Got my Hikari bulbs ($40) yesterday, still waiting for the adapters.
Well, I got the adapters that were recommended in this thread, but I don't see how they could fit my car. On the right, the original halogen bulb holder. On the left the adapter for the led. That doesn't have the 4 small hooks that lock into the light. Do I have some special car?

/edit: apparently, I got the wrong adapters. Mine are also from TOMALL and for Hyundai Mistra, but they're the wrong ones. I'll order some correct ones.

·
Registered
55 Posts
You've got the wrong adapters. If you look at my post earlier in this thread, this is the adapter that fits the car. https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B074ZMQTMR/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Yeah, now I also know why I got the wrong ones. The link above won't ship to my country, so I looked for an alternative supplier. Found the wrong one, of course...

Found these: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B074ZMQTMR/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 hopefully they are the correct ones. They look more like yours, so that's good?

·
Registered
55 Posts
Got the adapters, installed with much cursing. One of the locking tabs was broken during shipping, but I installed it anyways. It's a bit wobbly, so I'm going to ask for a new one. It's a shame that the light bulb is not centered in the housing, otherwise the original cap could be used (there's a recess in it that would fit over the LED fan assy). For now I forced the cap back on, but I think that distorted the light pattern a bit.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I got a better adapter than my other ones, fits much better. Not sure what to do with the dust caps though. Maybe I can find somewhere to 3d print the larger ones or just modify the stock ones
I've been reading a lot for the Ioniq headlight conversion and would like to try it also, wondering if you can share info on where you ordered your adapter, I have a hard time finding one, any help is greatly appreciated,

·
Registered
7 Posts
I'm new here and want led headlight. Did it before with the Philips ones but in the Ioniq I need to cut/drill and that is not what I want.
I saw this set. Anyone knows this set?

·
Registered
10 Posts
I'm new here and want led headlight. Did it before with the Philips ones but in the Ioniq I need to cut/drill and that is not what I want.
I saw this set. Anyone knows this set?
I just bought the lowbeams from lasfit. The adaptors are a perfect fit and I had the lights installed in about 30 minutes, however the passenger side dustcap will not fit over the bulb fan. I am waiting for the extended dustcap extension linked earlier by cha to be delivered.

Overall the quality is good, and I am pleased with the light output of the bulbs less than a HID kit but better than the factory halogens.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Strange, thes advertise it with "perfect fit and plug and play".
You sure you have the ProSeries? There are others too with the adapter on it;

·
Registered
10 Posts
I'm 100% certain I have the same headlights. They fit fine and are plug and play as in there is no wiring updates needed. The dustcap just doesn't clear on the passenger side.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Ok, thanks. Shame on them it's not realy a complete 100% fit en plug and play.
Where did you order the extended dustcaps?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Just wanted to give a shout out to Cha for providing the extended dust cap file. Mine just arrived from print a thing and they fit perfectly and have loads of room for led bulbs.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thanks very much to Cha for the detailed instructions for the LED upgrade. I will be performing the upgrade, but would not have tried it without this thread.

I just experimenting on turning the bulb to change the pattern. Now the shadow disappeared. I browse through old photos and found out that the original bulb base on the right housing is on 90 degrees angle, So I rotate the right LED 90 degree and the shadow was gone.

I also tried rotate both of them around to have the best pattern.
Cha, when you say that you rotated the bulbs 90 degrees, you mean that the LEDs on each side of the bulb are now facing up and down?
Or said differently, does the wire on your bulb point down or sideways when installed?

Thanks again!

·
Registered
755 Posts
Discussion Starter #60 (Edited)
Cha, when you say that you rotated the bulbs 90 degrees, you mean that the LEDs on each side of the bulb are now facing up and down?
Or said differently, does the wire on your bulb point down or sideways when installed?

Thanks again!
It depends on your LED. I have tried three of them. All three have different style. First one was BeamTech Fanless, this one gave the best bean pattern (in my opinion), but because of the fanless design it gets overheated. I believe the rounded head made it the best beam pattern (again in my opinion). For this style of LED I Get the best beam pattern when installed vertically.

Second, Hikari Ultra. This one doesn’t have the round head to create a nice shade, instead, it has some kind of shading that made “up” “down” “left” “right” a meaning. As tricky as it sounds, I was torn between better visibility but invasive by installed the driver side (left as I’m in the US) with the shading up and passenger side with the shading pointing out of the car (right if you look out the windshield).
Versus, not invasive but less visibility by installed them both shading down.

Third, Qcheye. This one doesn’t has any shading at all. I found it is the most invasive to the car facing me. For this one I installed them both vertically.

BeamTechBEAMTECH H7 LED Headlight Bulb,Fanless CSP Chips All in One 50W 8000 Lumens 6500K Xenon White Extremely Bright Conversion Kit of 2 Amazon.com: BEAMTECH H7 LED Headlight Bulb,Fanless CSP Chips All in One 50W 8000 Lumens 6500K Xenon White Extremely Bright Conversion Kit of 2: Automotive

Hikari Ultra HIKARI Ultra LED Headlight Bulbs Conversion Kit -H7, Prime LED 12000lm 6500K Cool White Amazon.com: HIKARI Ultra LED Headlight Bulbs Conversion Kit -H7, Prime LED 12000lm 6500K Cool White: Automotive
Qcheye : no longer available on Amazon

41 - 60 of 71 Posts