Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner
1 - 20 of 222 Posts

·
Registered
776 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dear Ioniqers,
Don't let your dislikes and frustrations take over you. It can always get worse like the guy below working with Windows. LOL Get over it!

Attachments

Reactions: Peter and Jan Treur

·
Registered
776 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Right, It was me working with W95.

·
Registered
843 Posts
Beats having to work with a Macbook pffft lame keyboard, awful OS.
In my laptop bag I carry around two laptops - a Macbook Pro and an i7 based Windows 10 machine.

Care to guess which one hardly ever sees daylight?
(hint: it 'aint the fruity one...!)

0:)

·
Registered
183 Posts
In my laptop bag I carry around two laptops - a Macbook Pro and an i7 based Windows 10 machine.

Care to guess which one hardly ever sees daylight?
(hint: it 'aint the fruity one...!)

0:)
That's because you Apple fanboys never learned to work with real computers :p It's all about the looks with you people, while your first Iphone couldn't even multitask. My HTC magician with WM 2.3 had that in 2003 already! ;)

Now Windows has been eaten alive from the inside by the Apple guys, like an ichneumon (hoping google translate got that right), its mobiles are dead. You don't work with Apple, Apple works you, like the biblical apple :D

So let's put this old Apple-biased video from 2007 up once more and be done with it :p

·
Registered
843 Posts
Each to their own I guess, but my decision as to which one comes out the bag has nothing to do with how it looks, but more so how well it's going to do the job! I don't have time to be flash - just need to get on with it with the tool that does it best.

The Mac is ready to rock within seconds - the windoze? Depends on when it finishes loading the dreaded registry and how big the enforced update is before actually letting me do something productive.

Plus, NEVER had to do an OS re-install on a Mac - unlike Windows 10 which bricks itself on far too many occasions :(
On the plus side, Windoze keeps us in business - much of our revenue comes from fixing MS when it goes wrong or gets infected. :nerd:

The term Apple Fanboy was probably invented by a girl who has never used one... >:)

·
Registered
776 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Is this an Ioniq forum or have MS and Apple taken over?
On topic please. Mods wake up!

·
Super Moderator
8,252 Posts
trouble is us mods are IT people as well

we let a topic wander a bit then bring it back on topic

my biggest dislike / frustration is the jerkiness of braking when smart cruise sense a slower vehicle in front

or is it not have a trip meter than can't count over 100 mpg :(

·
Registered
725 Posts
trouble is us mods are IT people as well

we let a topic wander a bit then bring it back on topic

my biggest dislike / frustration is the jerkiness of braking when smart cruise sense a slower vehicle in front

or is it not have a trip meter than can't count over 100 mpg :(

Interesting. I haven't noticed the sharp braking. I find I can start to feel it very slightly slow or preempt it and pull out to avoid a slowdown but when it does it's not been sharp. Guess that's just down to road traffic conditions. I tend to be driving 6-8pm M3/M25 and early mornings to traffic is lighter and prob has an influence

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
843 Posts
I wonder if the smart cruise on the EV works different due to the better regen braking in the EV compared to the hybrid ???
The EV has 'Stop and Go' function on Smart Cruise...

I believe it was your good self who steered the conversation that way... :p
Dear Ioniqers,
Don't let your dislikes and frustrations take over you. It can always get worse like the guy below working with Windows. LOL Get over it!

·
Registered
90 Posts
I haven't had mine for long, but I'm sure I'll update with pros / cons as I get more time with it:

pro's
1. styling
2. fuel economy
3. rear-seat roominess
4. cargo area is quite spacious
5. tech package with emergency auto stop and adaptive cruise control is very nice in such an affordable vehicle
6. lifetime warranty for battery
7. seats are very ergonomic
8. steering is light and comfortable
9. I really like the steering wheel with the flat bottom design, feels more sporty and nimble
10. all digital dash in SEL and higher trim
11. center stack is very ergonomic and useful
12. very well priced for what you get
13. blind spot monitoring is standard in SEL and higher models
14. awesome warranty

con's:
1. Cargo cover is not included with SEL and Blue trim models...this should be standard equipment
2. In the US the Lane Keep Assist System only beeps at you when you get too close to the lane markers, and does not have ability to help keep the car in the lane.
3. wheels look ugly (but doesn't bother me)
4. no locking glove box
5. first year model (hope no major problems surface)

1 - 20 of 222 Posts