Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Hyundai Ioniq Electric Premium SE Black
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there, just wondering if there is a way to disable the creep ability the car has. I understand that the newer 38kw Ioniqs and the Konas can do it by holding the left paddle as you come down to creep speed and it will come to a stop without touching the brakes, essentially one pedal driving. I know its such a small thing, but it would complete the driving experience for me, I absolutely love driving this car.

I would even go as far as test hacked firmware if a software engineer or tinkerer knows much about it. (Great that the firmware is out for users to download and install at home).

I'm hoping it's as simple as a single bit that needs changing to turn off creep, but probably wishful thinking!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
There is still creep when coming to a stop without pressing the brake pedal with auto hold on. It's half-way there with auto-hold.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Does anyone know why the car is programmed to creep? I think they did such a great job giving such a wide variety of user selectable regen levels, but one pedal driving is not possible because of the dumb creeping.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It's frustrating because all the hardware is there to do this, smart cruise control brings the car to a complete stop by itself (I don't like how the car behaves with smart cruise control though). It just needs a software update to enable this to make it behave like the new Ioniq and Kona (hold the left paddle). One would hope Hyundai will keep updating the 1st Gen software since they only stopped producing them less then a year ago. Them putting in live traffic and charging station status info with WiFi hotspot into the software is a great thing from them to do.

I wonder also if customers with special circumstances (disabled badge holders for example) are able to have creep turned off for them if they brought it to a service centre? Is that known to be something other car manufacturers offer?

·
Registered
55 Posts
Seems strange that all EV manufacturers build in creep. Uncommanded motion should not be built in.

The creep function of an automatic is a bug, not a feature. It's inherent in the way the transmission allows the engine to spin independently.

Probably same behaviour as a regular automatic?
Funny, "standard" used to refer to manual transmissions and the choice was between standard and automatic. Manual transmissions don't creep.

·
Registered
98 Posts
I suppose though creep is useful in that if you park up, you may forget to take it out of drive. At least with creep on, you are made aware of that fact as soon as you lift off the brake. There is a possibility I suppose if the car came to a complete stop, some people might accidentally tread on the accelerator as they get out of the car, which could be incredibly dangerous. Creep is therefore a gentle "nudge" to remind you you are still in drive?

·
Registered
84 Posts
I suppose though creep is useful in that if you park up, you may forget to take it out of drive. At least with creep on, you are made aware of that fact as soon as you lift off the brake. There is a possibility I suppose if the car came to a complete stop, some people might accidentally tread on the accelerator as they get out of the car, which could be incredibly dangerous. Creep is therefore a gentle "nudge" to remind you you are still in drive?
Thanks, I guess that may be a reasonable reason for it. There are cars that are full one pedal driving, I wonder if this has been a problem in those cars?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts