Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I compared some of the dimensional specs between the NA and Korean Ioniqs. To my surprise, there are discrepancies. I'll try to list them but the forum software strips any formatting.:(

Code:
               Korean Ioniq   NA Ioniq

wheelbase          106.3         106.3
length             176           179.9
height             57.1           56.7  
width              71.7          70.1
Real? Mistakes? Too much time on my hands?

·
Registered
176 Posts
That is really interesting Jay. I may could understand overall length (USA 5 mph bumpers might add length), but I cannot understand a height difference, and certainly not a width difference. I understand the Ioniq will be built on a "global" platform, so that would seem to negate any possibility of a wider vehicle for one and not another..

Clearly, I don't know and I am just thinking on the keyboard (never a good idea)

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Overall length is the biggest discrepancy and I'm hoping that the longer figure listed for the North American version is wrong. I'd much prefer the shorter car if interior space is the same.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I would assume that it's a mistake, seems like it's too much trouble to lengthen the NA model 3.9. Means that they'll have to create separate bodies for the NA spec and korea spec Ioniq. Don't think I've heard of manufacturers doing this. Maybe change out exhausts depending on the emission standards or noise allowance but not something like this.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts