Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I've decided on spec of car (Ultimate tech), but dealers don't have any examples or even panel examples of actual colours, so I'm a bit stuck on colour.

Seeing a picture on the Hyundai website and various YouTube videos and pics on here, I'm liking the Digital teal green and Lucid blue.
Has anyone got either and is able to upload pics?

Alternatively, what other colours have people gone for and what is the feedback?

I'm finding the UK dealers to be less than useful, as the one last week said 'if you order now it'll turn up in March and you'll find out the colour then'!
So basically he lost a sale

·
Registered
IONIQ 5 Premium (UK)
11 Posts
Got the Premium in "Gravity Gold" (although to my eyes its a silver with a nice feel to it).
Evidently controversial Who’s in the Gravity Gold club ? but I like it and seemed to be the only colour in the country, at least in the West Midlands. I've seen some on Autotrader offering black, otherwise I saw teal and cyber grey on their tester cars and gold for a sold car I spotted while out and about.

Personally, the teal looked good on the site and the gold looked weird, but in person I found it flipped and the gold grew on me.

Last month the dealer was basically telling me that if I order a Premium I can get it in 4 weeks, if I order an Ultimate I'll be waiting til the new year (Jan / Feb) and would be at the whim of the manufacturer when it came to the included packs and colour.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I have gone with the Teal but not seen it in the flesh just based on numerous YouTube videos and photos online

·
Registered
50 Posts
Last month the dealer was basically telling me that if I order a Premium I can get it in 4 weeks, if I order an Ultimate I'll be waiting til the new year (Jan / Feb) and would be at the whim of the manufacturer when it came to the included packs and colour.
I'm interested in that last line. Before I cancelled my AWD Ultimate order, my dealer told me the car hadn't yet been built and they didn't know when it would be, but "when the factory builds one in that specification, that car will be allocated to [me]". That's very different to any other custom ordered car where the car is 'mine' from the beginning of the build process, and they have an idea of when it will be built beforehand. It sounds like the factory is building whatever they want and then it's up to dealers to 'claim' the right one when one fits an order they have.

·
Registered
IONIQ 5 Premium (UK)
11 Posts
I'm interested in that last line. Before I cancelled my AWD Ultimate order, my dealer told me the car hadn't yet been built and they didn't know when it would be, but "when the factory builds one in that specification, that car will be allocated to [me]". That's very different to any other custom ordered car where the car is 'mine' from the beginning of the build process, and they have an idea of when it will be built beforehand. It sounds like the factory is building whatever they want and then it's up to dealers to 'claim' the right one when one fits an order they have.
Aye, basically this.

My main priority was vehicle to load. In the dealership, I asked if I could optionally have it added and was told that I'm in luck since they have two with that en-route, but in the premium trim. I got the impression that they weren't requesting cars so much as just grabbing what stock they could, and was told stuff similar to yourself.

Anecdotally (and presumably to pressure me to buy, but such is car sales), the dealer mentioned that it was one of their best selling models they've had. Made me wonder if they just get a share of whatever ships and have to make do.

·
Registered
Ioniq 5 AWD Ultimate Tech+Eco Cyber Grey
59 Posts
I can't speak much for dealer lead times, I ordered mine in May (AWD Ultimate with both packs) and was told at the time "end of September / early October" and I picked it up from the dealer on 02/10/21 bang on schedule. Since mine was a pre-order I suspect that helped with the delivery time being accurate for a 'built to spec' order. But now with the backlog of orders building up, Hyundai may be telling dealers to just sell what's available and the factory is now primarily building cars which take less time to manufacture (eg: RWD without the tech/eco pack) to avoid the delays building up even more. This might also explain why the online configurator still doesn't allow you to add either of the option packs.

This is purely speculation on my part and I have nothing to back this up! :geek:

As for the colours, I went with Cyber Grey. Like you I hadn't seen any colours in the flesh, I loved the look of the Gravity Gold in the press photos but was wary of Matte paint so Cyber Grey was the closest I could get in the non-matte options.

Thankfully, I love the colour now it's arrived, it's a fairly flat gloss finish with just a tiny amount of metallic flake in there to make it shine. The colour changes slightly depending on weather conditions looking almost white in bright sun light and much darker at night under street lights. It also looks very pale purpley-blue in certain conditions (like the photo below I took in a puddle!)

Sorry I can't help with photos of the Teal Green or Lucid Blue but hope it helps other members maybe looking at Cyber Grey.

Wheel Tire Water Car Vehicle

·
Registered
50 Posts
I can't speak much for dealer lead times, I ordered mine in May (AWD Ultimate with both packs) and was told at the time "end of September / early October" and I picked it up from the dealer on 02/10/21 bang on schedule. Since mine was a pre-order I suspect that helped with the delivery time being accurate for a 'built to spec' order. But now with the backlog of orders building up, Hyundai may be telling dealers to just sell what's available and the factory is now primarily building cars which take less time to manufacture (eg: RWD without the tech/eco pack) to avoid the delays building up even more. This might also explain why the online configurator still doesn't allow you to add either of the option packs.

This is purely speculation on my part and I have nothing to back this up! :geek:

As for the colours, I went with Cyber Grey. Like you I hadn't seen any colours in the flesh, I loved the look of the Gravity Gold in the press photos but was wary of Matte paint so Cyber Grey was the closest I could get in the non-matte options.

Thankfully, I love the colour now it's arrived, it's a fairly flat gloss finish with just a tiny amount of metallic flake in there to make it shine. The colour changes slightly depending on weather conditions looking almost white in bright sun light and much darker at night under street lights. It also looks very pale purpley-blue in certain conditions (like the photo below I took in a puddle!)

Sorry I can't help with photos of the Teal Green or Lucid Blue but hope it helps other members maybe looking at Cyber Grey.

View attachment 36102
My order was originally placed some time in June by the dealer, I put a deposit in mid-August. I did see someone mention that June-onwards cars were delayed which could be the reason for the mess we see now.

It sounds like the situation has changed a lot since about a month and half ago when there were still stock cars and I managed to get a RWD Ultimate w/ both packs, around two weeks between ordering and delivery. I'm guessing the stock from that ship has now dried up and we're waiting for the next one, not sure when that will be but surely there's at least one between now and January, unless every car has been accounted for?

·
Registered
Skoda Yeti 2.0 Very clean diesel (according to VW). Ioniq 5 Ultimate AWD 73kWh tech and eco in 2021!
30 Posts
Motorvogue in Norwich have a Lucid Blue version in their showroom. Lovely city for a day trip, starting with tea and cake at Cafe No33 🍰

·
Registered
Ioniq 5 73kw on order
39 Posts
Popularity of colors in Netherlands: gold 34%, black 24%, green 20%, grey 10%, white 9%, blue 4%. The olive is probably with gold or green. No shooting star grey matte available yet. As these are cars for early adapters, I expect grey to make its move still…

·
Registered
8 Posts
So I've decided on spec of car (Ultimate tech), but dealers don't have any examples or even panel examples of actual colours, so I'm a bit stuck on colour.

Seeing a picture on the Hyundai website and various YouTube videos and pics on here, I'm liking the Digital teal green and Lucid blue.

Alternatively, what other colours have people gone for and what is the feedback?

I'm finding the UK dealers to be less than useful, as the one last week said 'if you order now it'll turn up in March and you'll find out the colour then'!
I've got a Lucid Blue. Can do pictures later if it'll help.

When it came to purchasing, the dealer had Lucid Blue, Digital Teal or Phatom Black in stock in other branches but I couldn't get to them to see in the flesh. My last two cars have been black so I was bored of that, plus IMO the grey plastic trims don't look brilliant against that colour. Was tempted by the green, but, like you, found it impossible to find a consistent set of real images so in the end, I went for the Lucid Blue.

As with all the pearl options, the colour looks different in different light. In overcast conditions, it often looks almost grey-blue. Then from some angles in sunlight it looks very bright blue. I'm happy with the choice as it's interesting and a bit different to the majority of cars on the road.

One thing I would say is that the colour matching of the CGIs in the Hyundai configurator online is crap.

·
Registered
199 Posts

😂 When I put a deposit down on the new Suzuki Jimny they asked me to nominate three colours in order of preference so that was silver, green, black. They were in such short supply that the dealers got whatever they were sent.

A week before delivery they said silver wasn’t available in the UK, and they couldn’t get the green or the black so it would be light blue with a black roof. Two days before delivery they phoned me to say it was green. The day it arrived they phoned and said it was black 😂 Apparently they didn’t know what colours they were going to get until they turned up.

View attachment 36108 View attachment 36108

·
Registered
40 Posts

Take a look at Autotrader there is one in Teal and 3 Lucids at the moment. Just put the colour in the keyword field on the search

·
Registered
42 Posts
Got the Premium in "Gravity Gold" (although to my eyes its a silver with a nice feel to it).
Evidently controversial Who’s in the Gravity Gold club ? but I like it and seemed to be the only colour in the country, at least in the West Midlands. I've seen some on Autotrader offering black, otherwise I saw teal and cyber grey on their tester cars and gold for a sold car I spotted while out and about.

Personally, the teal looked good on the site and the gold looked weird, but in person I found it flipped and the gold grew on me.

I read that Matte finish cars require extra care and also specific products to wash the cars with. As you have a matte finish car is this true?

·
Registered
Ioniq 5 Project 45 in digital teal green
16 Posts
I’ve got the P45 in digital teal green. It was purchased via an on line photo. My wife’s choice. When it arrived it is even better than I could possibly have hoped for. Fabulous colour. Looks blue, green or grey, depending on the light. Really different. I’m very glad we chose it. Can share more photos if that would help?
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Window

·
Registered
Ioniq 5 Project 45 and E-Niro 4+. (Previously, Polestar2, Tesla M3, Ampera, Ioniq)
129 Posts
I read that Matte finish cars require extra care and also specific products to wash the cars with. As you have a matte finish car is this true?
Most definitely. extra care with shampoos and no wax polishes etc. Several threads on here about it.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts