Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone been able to change the digital speed readout from KM/H to MPH when in Automatic drive mode please?

·
Registered
164 Posts
As far as I know, only the navigation can be changed from KM to MI v.v.
I think default units are set according to the country the car is sold in. I can change the language to English (from dutch in my case), but units do not change.
Maybe your local dealer can be of help to change the default units.

Where are you and where is your car from? Did you import it?

·
Registered
56 Posts
I don't think you can change it however right hand toggle switch on steering wheel brings up useful info on drivers LCD screen including a digital speed readout in mph

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks

Thanks Mxhans, I'm in UK/London, car was factory ordered by lease company as far as I'm aware, so not imported from anywhere other than where it was built.
Thanks Colini66, I'll have a look at the toggle switch on the steering wheel, and hopefully find digital MPH readout.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks Coliniq66, took your advice revthe toggle on steering wheel and found the MPH, digital readout.
Thanks again very helpful.
Fatbob

·
Registered
6 Posts
By design

I'd assumed the kph was because the main speedo was in mph. So if i accidentally end up in France I'll know how fast I'm going. I'd planed to change the speedo to kph just to see if the small readout changed to mph. I haven't been bored enough yet though

·
Registered
3 Posts
I've just imported an ioniq EV from UK to Ireland and would like to change the speedo from miles to km. Has anyone managed to toggle this via software menus or is it a job for the local dealer?

·
Registered
843 Posts
I've just imported an ioniq EV from UK to Ireland and would like to change the speedo from miles to km. Has anyone managed to toggle this via software menus or is it a job for the local dealer?
Having bought the car from NI, I am assuming that the car is UK spec and hence the speedometer is in MPH.

Sadly, I have to suggest that changing the primary speed display unit is not a user configurable option. There is of course the secondary digital display in Kmh which, is there to satisfy the UK legal requirement that speedometers must display both units.

Somehow it might be possible to change/update the firmware to EU spec, but that might have all sorts of implications in regards to type approval and warranty etc., therefore I doubt it is legally permissible.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts