Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone come across any pics showing the difference between the 7" versus the 8" center console display? The specs and options sheets that I've seen state that the trim levels or option packages with the navigation have an 8" screen, while all others have a 7" display. But every picture of the center console I've seen seems to show the exact same screen, with no discernible difference in sizes. At least, the trim pieces that go around the screen always look exactly the same shape and size.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I've seen it in a german "Trend". And in my opinion it just looks cheap. It is fitted into the slot of the 8" and the gap around it ist covered with a flat black plastic frame. It doesn't look as if it was ment to be there.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
What's more interesting to buyers: Does the 7" media center support Apple Car play and/or Android Auto?? If so, you could use the satnav of the phone.
Anyone? Pics?
Yes, from what I've seen the 7" media center supports Carplay and Android Auto. The 8" adds the internal navigation.

I've seen it in a german "Trend". And in my opinion it just looks cheap. It is fitted into the slot of the 8" and the gap around it ist covered with a flat black plastic frame. It doesn't look as if it was ment to be there.
If that's the case, then all the pics that I've seen only show the 8" screen, as I've never seen a center console display with that plastic frame.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Finally saw an Ioniq in person today. I finally think I see the physical difference between the 7" and 8" screens. They both have the same vertical height, it is only the horizontal width that is different. So for the models with the 7" screen, the plastic trim piece around the air conditioner vent on either side of the screen slant towards the screen at a more gradual angle than for the 8" screen. Very subtle and hardly noticeable unless you see them side by side.

·
Super Moderator
1,496 Posts
Yes, from these pictures I see a difference from the smaller to the bigger of about 30%, whereas from 7 to 8 is about 15%.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Whoa, the first two images posted by mxhans definitely is not the 7". Looks like a 4.5" display. Perhaps there's a trim level in certain countries that has that instead of the 7" or 8" center console screen? There are also less function buttons below the screen compared to the images of 7 and 8 inch displays.

See the attached images for the difference that I'm talking about between the 7" (silver trim) and 8" (copper trim) displays. The 8" has the navigation. You can see how there is a wider amount of trim between the air vents and the screen for the 7". In fact, it looks like the 7" screen is more inset into the dash, as there is visible grey trim at the bottom and top, whereas the 8" screen is flush against the copper accent trim.

Attachments

·
Registered
37 Posts
Whoa, the first two images posted by mxhans definitely is not the 7". Looks like a 4.5" display. Perhaps there's a trim level in certain countries that has that instead of the 7" or 8" center console screen? There are also less function buttons below the screen compared to the images of 7 and 8 inch displays.

See the attached images for the difference that I'm talking about between the 7" (silver trim) and 8" (copper trim) displays. The 8" has the navigation. You can see how there is a wider amount of trim between the air vents and the screen for the 7". In fact, it looks like the 7" screen is more inset into the dash, as there is visible grey trim at the bottom and top, whereas the 8" screen is flush against the copper accent trim.
Hi you mentioned you seen ioniq hybrid with 7" screen USA version? May i know the difference with 8" screen USA version? Does it come with hybrid information and Android auto if i plug the usb with my phone pre-installed Android auto?

I'm from Malaysia, my head unit is 7" but no, navigation, no hybrid information, no android auto. Just radio, music player and Bluetooth phone and media connectivity.

I saw in ebay pre owned oem hyundai hybrid head unit with 7". I'm planning to get it if USA 7" screen has Android auto if i plug my phone pre-installed Android auto

·
Registered
2017 Marina Blue HEV Ltd I O N I Q since 25 July '17
1,782 Posts
Hi you mentioned you seen ioniq hybrid with 7" screen USA version? May i know the difference with 8" screen USA version? Does it come with hybrid information and Android auto if i plug the usb with my phone pre-installed Android auto?

I'm from Malaysia, my head unit is 7" but no, navigation, no hybrid information, no android auto. Just radio, music player and Bluetooth phone and media connectivity.

I saw in ebay pre owned oem hyundai hybrid head unit with 7". I'm planning to get it if USA 7" screen has Android auto if i plug my phone pre-installed Android auto

Hi there,

When you have a moment, can you actually Malaysia as your location in your user profile. You can do so, by clicking on your avatar in the upper right corner and selecting Account Settings from the dropdown. You can see any user's entered location by hovering over their avatar (or tapping if on a mobile device).

I believe Malaysia is one of the few countries, where Hyundai sources a local provider for a generic Android head unit.

In Canada, and I believe in the US as well, the main difference between the 7" and the 8" is built-in Nav, as well as the Infinity sound system. Both units support both Android Auto and Apple CarPlay.

If do go for that one on eBay and get it installed and working, do let us know how it goes as may be helpful to others on the forum.

·
Registered
37 Posts
So... I bought it one of them, here are the list are not working:

1. The turning both left and right knobs not working, but if i push the both left and right knobs the button working.

2. My reverse camera is not working when I changed my gear into Reverse. I think this due to the different input cable harness from the main oem socket. But i not sure where is the input for reverse camera. i don't have ioniq head unit diagrams for cable harness, only KIA

For usa head unit specially, I don't have the diagrams.

If someone have service manual of this place let me know.

The model that i bought is AVBB0G2AN

Detail can found at:

All versions of head unit can be found through the company registration, etc :

I have ioniq service manual but inside the zip file there are missing chapters. The service chapters for electronic or head unit is not there.

3. The USB front when I plug in my phone doesn't detect neither Apple Car Play with iPhone or Android Auto with Android Phone.

Update: I just found yesterday, seem using dedicated usb port instead of using main cable harness. UK also same.

USA
Screenshot_20190915-032021.png

UK, not sure if AU also same?
Screenshot_20190915-031937.png

Screenshot_20190915-033704.png

Screenshot_20190915-033714.png
Screenshot_20190915-033704.png

4. I can't set Date and Time, the icon grey out. I'm not sure if date and time only can be update through bluelink or Sirius Xm or what. But Android auto and Apple car play showing the date if my phone plug in.

6. There is music and storage inside but can't access it, the icon grey out

The between my local Head unit (bottom) and USA.
Screenshot_20190915-034249.png

MY Local HU using other other oem harness.

Screenshot_20190913-141915.png

This is UK
Screenshot_20190915-034404.png

This is USA (no jack connector)
Screenshot_20190915-034336.png

This is USA (they included the antenna jack and the USB jack connector)
Screenshot_20190915-034431.png

Hi there,

When you have a moment, can you actually Malaysia as your location in your user profile. You can do so, by clicking on your avatar in the upper right corner and selecting Account Settings from the dropdown. You can see any user's entered location by hovering over their avatar (or tapping if on a mobile device).

I believe Malaysia is one of the few countries, where Hyundai sources a local provider for a generic Android head unit.

In Canada, and I believe in the US as well, the main difference between the 7" and the 8" is built-in Nav, as well as the Infinity sound system. Both units support both Android Auto and Apple CarPlay.

If do go for that one on eBay and get it installed and working, do let us know how it goes as may be helpful to others on the forum.

·
Registered
7 Posts
So... I bought it one of them, here are the list are not working:

1. The turning both left and right knobs not working, but if i push the both left and right knobs the button working.

2. My reverse camera is not working when I changed my gear into Reverse. I think this due to the different input cable harness from the main oem socket. But i not sure where is the input for reverse camera. i don't have ioniq head unit diagrams for cable harness, only KIA

For usa head unit specially, I don't have the diagrams.

If someone have service manual of this place let me know.

The model that i bought is AVBB0G2AN

Detail can found at:

All versions of head unit can be found through the company registration, etc :

I have ioniq service manual but inside the zip file there are missing chapters. The service chapters for electronic or head unit is not there.

3. The USB front when I plug in my phone doesn't detect neither Apple Car Play with iPhone or Android Auto with Android Phone.

Update: I just found yesterday, seem using dedicated usb port instead of using main cable harness. UK also same.

USA
View attachment 30726

UK, not sure if AU also same?
View attachment 30727

View attachment 30729

View attachment 30730
View attachment 30729

4. I can't set Date and Time, the icon grey out. I'm not sure if date and time only can be update through bluelink or Sirius Xm or what. But Android auto and Apple car play showing the date if my phone plug in.

6. There is music and storage inside but can't access it, the icon grey out

The between my local Head unit (bottom) and USA.
View attachment 30732

MY Local HU using other other oem harness.

View attachment 30733

This is UK
View attachment 30736

This is USA (no jack connector)
View attachment 30734

This is USA (they included the antenna jack and the USB jack connector)
View attachment 30735
Could you find the right way to connect it?

·
Registered
4 Posts

What ioniq you install on, EV, hybrid, Plugin?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts