Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Big fan of the fog lights because Hyundai is moving away from the conventional circular ones and the door handles even light up! So much attention to the little details.

·
Registered
55 Posts
It's supposed to make its European debut at Geneva in March. Not sure about the rest of the world.

Anyone notice the bumper design? The headlights and grille looks like it's on a separate piece of bumper plastic. A sort of sunken in divider between the lower bumper and the hood.

·
Registered
323 Posts
It's supposed to make its European debut at Geneva in March. Not sure about the rest of the world.

Anyone notice the bumper design? The headlights and grille looks like it's on a separate piece of bumper plastic. A sort of sunken in divider between the lower bumper and the hood.
That could just be a design line which looks like a cut off point. I still believe the bumper cover is one piece with where the grille is mounted. Don't see why they'd change it, 90% of the industry does it this way.

·
Registered
176 Posts
In each of the video's that Hyundai has released, the narrator points to and handle the front grille. Since it is in Korean, I have no idea what he is pointing out. Does anyone have a clue what that is about?

The new Prius has shudders that open and close to aid warming on a cold day. Do you suppose that is what he is pointing out?

·
Registered
169 Posts
I think the handles are emphasized because they're just cool. As for the grille, it has integrated active air flaps to control airflow.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Ionic - Very good. Thanks.

The more I read about the Ioniq, the more I like it. The 3rd quarter is a long time to wait to see one in person. I predict that sales will be terrific provided the EV milage is competitive.

Appearance is subjective, but based on pictures I have seen, I far prefer the Ioniq appearance over the goofy looking Prius.
(I am not offended if you express a different opinion).

·
Registered
55 Posts
Nah, general consensus from what I've read it that the Prius is ugly, very ugly.
ioniq beats the Prius in terms of design hands down, both interior and exterior.

ioniq interior

2016 Toyota Prius

·
Registered
169 Posts
I think the Prius interior is actually pretty nice. The ioniq is still better the the Prius interior isn't as bad as the exterior.

·
Registered
323 Posts
I really hope those 12volt charging outlets won't be an issue. I'd hate have my phone placed in that same area and also trying to have something plugged into the charging outlet...but with issue since the phone is in the way.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Not really in the way. Pretty sure you can just push the charging wires to the side or wire it under the plastic panels if need be for a clean finish.

·
Registered
176 Posts
I withholding judgement until I actually see both interiors, but based on photos,I don't like the white urinal look on the Prius, although there is apparently some manner of cover for that, and I don't think I would like the placement of the shifter knob. I tended to rest my right hand on the shifter (2010 Prius) and still do so on my 2015 Avalon. I use the brake feature fairly often, and the placement was very comfortable.

How that will feel on the new Prius, looks questionable.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts