Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner
1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ordered an Ioniq Electric at the end of January. The initial delivery was for end of March. I've now been told the end of April.

·
Registered
843 Posts
Welcome to the forums.

I ordered my Electric first part of December, due to be with dealer end of February.
Current estimate is 'April' although 'beginning of' or 'end of' has not been specified.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I had the following from the dealership.

"I have been chasing your new car with Hyundai supply UK.

It was due to be built in February, but because of the flood they had in the factory which halted production for a few weeks, and high local demand, it looks like it won’t arrive until end of April"

Very frustrating as my current car needs an MOT at the end of March - and I've already had an unexpected alternator failure, that wasn't cheap.

·
Registered
843 Posts
To be honest, I'm not surprised.

My car was confirmed as having been built and ready to ship at the beginning of February, by both the dealer and Hyundai UK.. Not sure I believe them given all the different stories going around.

Might I enquire which dealer you used?

·
Registered
36 Posts
I wouldn't be surprised if you see further delays, considering the fact that the US premiere has taken place and that they now need to conquer the Prius market no 1.

·
Registered
843 Posts
Sturgess Leicester.
Oh, OK! Thought for a minute you might have travelled further afield to Birmingham seeing as there are a limited number of dealers able to sell the EV.

I wouldn't be surprised if you see further delays, considering the fact that the US premiere has taken place and that they now need to conquer the Prius market no 1.
As I understand it the 'April' expectation is for cars already passing, or having passed through, production.
Coincidentally, a colleague who was promised a Kia Niro mid march has now also been told end of April, and it just so happens that a ship that has left Ulsan (Hyundai's export facility) and which has also called at Pyeongtaek (Kia's export facility) is due to pass through the Suez canal on March 13th. That could tie in to a UK arrival toward mid April, carrying both Hyundai and Kia vehicles, so I do wonder...

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Just had an update - after a prompting e. mail to the dealer, I've now been told the middle of June - so we are now looking at getting on for 6 months from ordering.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Here in the Netherlands, we've ordered the car on April 1st, and they said it will probably be september before it gets here. So yes, 5 to 6 months for the EV here also :(
I guess the demand for it is just too high?

·
Registered
50 Posts
Here in the Netherlands, we've ordered the car on April 1st, and they said it will probably be september before it gets here. So yes, 5 to 6 months for the EV here also :(
I guess the demand for it is just too high?
Is it also because they are having most of them come to the US at the moment?

·
Super Moderator
8,252 Posts
an unconfirmed rumour I have heard is LG can't keep up with the number of batteries required

but if Hyundai predicted a certain number of batteries in the first year and they exceeded that by a huge margin due to the Ioniq being a runaway success it will take various suppliers (not just LG) time to ramp up production as big companies like that usually plan production capacity 6-12 months in advance so its not easy to suddenly increase production by a factor of 4-5 at a drop of a hat without affecting production dates for other customers

·
Registered
843 Posts
Well I got a call from the dealer this morning. Don't have a build date, and now talking September.
That sucks. Especially as it had already been put back. Mine was ultimately only delayed by just under 6 weeks.

I had heard somewhere that all of the 2017 production capacity of the EV has long been sold out. Hopefully yours is one of those allocated.

In respect of the car itself, all I can say is (going on my own experience), it was worth the wait.

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
Ordered Ioniq EV premium 13th March, dealer checking daily for order update, I don't have a clue when I,m likely to get a delivery date let alone a car,very disappointed the Ioniq was the only EV car that appealed.

·
Registered
725 Posts
Ordered Ioniq EV premium 13th March, dealer checking daily for order update, I don't have a clue when I,m likely to get a delivery date let alone a car,very disappointed the Ioniq was the only EV car that appealed.
Dont get too disheartened....family member got a Prius recently and he had a 3 month wait...and also same for his toyota hybrid before the Prius....

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
I had a moan at my dealer about lack of information and I received this reply:-

Rob has been on the phone to Hyundai and they have told him there will be a batch in July August and September to cope with the demand of orders made. As for a definite date that is still unavailable currently but I am hopeful in an worse case scenario your car should be with us in September.

Rob is the sales manager at my dealership.

·
Registered
21 Posts
at what time you have ordered your hyundai? i have ordered on 18 of march and the dealer sayd it schould come before september

1 - 20 of 56 Posts