Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner
881 - 900 of 940 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Ioniq Electric, 2022 Ioniq 5 Limited (in transit)
761 Posts
Can anyone help me figure out where my car is? km8r5dge6pu506576. Hiepcs has status as PA, what does this mean? estimated delivery looks like 10/28, which is later than the dealer told me, after already being pushed back. Thanks!
The scheduling is a mess and completely inaccurate. The first date I saw for delivery was the arrive at Port Date. This was given when I put a deposit down about 4 weeks before port arrival and before a Sticker was released. The dealer said expect it to the dealer about two weeks after that date, 9/2. Then when it hit port on 9/2, that date was moved out two weeks, then three weeks, then four weeks and finally shows 6 weeks after the Port arrival. All I can say is the previous car deliveries from the last 3 ships actually hit most dealers in about 3 weeks after port arrival. My week three is tomorrow and no car at the dealer yet.

Amazing from such a great car company like Hyundai. The supply chain issue has been going on for a long time and delays can be estimated. If they told everyone 6 weeks after approximate ship arrival they would be safe and we woukd not be searching for our cars daily.

I do feel for the dealers with all of this delayed inventory. A deposit does not go very far. Cash flow must be terrible.

·
Registered
761 Posts
9/27-10/4-10/11.........now back to 10/4.....whatever
From what I have seen, when they go down in date, it could mean they are ready or are being trucked. Of course they will not tell you that until it’s already at the dealers lot, from what I have seen.

·
Registered
2022, Teal Limited AWD
175 Posts
From what I have seen, when they go down in date, it could mean they are ready or are being trucked. Of course they will not tell you that until it’s already at the dealers lot, from what I have seen.
nburg, thanks. Again, WHATEVER. lol, we are all reading into too much information.

There are 6 Limiteds headed for my dealer. 4 were on Don P. Mine and another on the subsequent ship. I WOULD ASSUME there would ALL be on the same truck. I checked and 2 of the other dealer dates are 10/11, 10/12. WHATEVER................ Eh I'm away on business next for a week, in town for a week, then back on the road

I know you had been posting about yours. Do you have it?

·
Registered
761 Posts
nburg, thanks. Again, WHATEVER. lol, we are all reading into too much information.

There are 6 Limiteds headed for my dealer. 4 were on Don P. Mine and another on the subsequent ship. I WOULD ASSUME there would ALL be on the same truck. I checked and 2 of the other dealer dates are 10/11, 10/12. WHATEVER................ Eh I'm away on business next for a week, in town for a week, then back on the road

I know you had been posting about yours. Do you have it?
Remember those trucks are carrying all Korean Hyundai car models, not just electrics to the dealer. We can only see the electrics on the spreadsheet. No, Mine was on Don P and still is baking in the sun in Philly awaiting transport 9 hours away.

·
Registered
761 Posts
Yea, correct, assume there others vehicles headed for my dealer.............
My dealer gets 2-3 trucks of US built cars per single truck of Korean ones....Lots of Santa Fe's, Sonata's and Tuscon's between Kona, Ioniq, Palisade and Elantra deliveries. They have a gorgeous Elantra N that just arrived in black. Impressive. I may have to drive it soon to satisfy my cravings for my I5..

·
Registered
267 Posts
Can anyone help me figure out where my car is? km8r5dge6pu506576. Hiepcs has status as PA, what does this mean? estimated delivery looks like 10/28, which is later than the dealer told me, after already being pushed back. Thanks!
You can rely on the website. It’s case by case. Someone might need to wait 2weeks or someone might need to wait 2+ months after arriving at the port.
Also VIN number indicates that the car is palisade and I am not sure what options in the palisade and which will be port installation options.
Transportation will affect delivery time too because of shortage of truckers.
if you live far from your arrival port, it might use railroad first then transit by truck to your dealer. In that case, it might take longer than estimated delivery date.
My car was supposed to deliver 7/20 but arrived at dealer July 12. I don’t know distance will be matter but my dealer located within one hour from the port.

·
Registered
1 Posts
How reasonable would it be for me to expect the San Diego Port delivery of "Hyundai vehicles" to include the expected Ioniq 5s that have just updated to "PA" port arrived in the last couple of days, based on the manifests I was able to look up? See attached. Los Angeles had port arrival of some ~1300 vehicles supposedly as well - just not pictured in the screenshot.

I'm curious as to whether or not my local San Diego dealer would expect delivery from San Diego port and not something like LA port. I guess it could happen.

Attachments

·
Registered
20 Posts
This is the part I hate, waiting. Mine just changed to PA with a planned delivery date of last week. It looks like the SE and SELs were shipped to Portland but all of the limiteds went to Tacoma, WA.

Model: Ioniq 5
Exterior color: Shooting Star
Interior color: Dark Green
Planned delivery date: 2022-09-20T07:00:00
Dealer: DICKS HILLSBORO HYUNDAI
Address: 2871 TUALATIN VALLEY HIGHWAY, HILLSBORO, OR 97123

·
Registered
9 Posts
This is the part I hate, waiting. Mine just changed to PA with a planned delivery date of last week. It looks like the SE and SELs were shipped to Portland but all of the limiteds went to Tacoma, WA.

Model: Ioniq 5
Exterior color: Shooting Star
Interior color: Dark Green
Planned delivery date: 2022-09-20T07:00:00
Dealer: DICKS HILLSBORO HYUNDAI
Address: 2871 TUALATIN VALLEY HIGHWAY, HILLSBORO, OR 97123
Same for my limited. Arrived in Tacoma, changed to dealer stock for a day, then the next day changed to PA. Same delivery date as you. Now I wait.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I have (refundable) deposits on 2 different cars and a hold at one dealer that didn't require a deposit but the car has my name on it:
Car #1-- (2022 model) originally said delivery 10/5, changed to 9/28 for a week and now has gone back to 10/5. Went into PH (about 100 miles away) and has gone from DS to TN to DS to TN. Dealer tells me he thinks it will be here 10/5 or sooner.

Car #2--(2023 model) Shows delivery date of 11/3. Port is listed as LB, I assume that's Long Beach? If so that's about 25 mi. from the dealer. Still showing as AA and window sticker just came up today.

Car #3 (2023 model) No VIN# yet from dealer, he gave me an order # and approximated delivery date of 10/16. I told him that car #2 is already AA and dealer had a VIN# but shows 11/3 and he said "I don't know about that car, but ours have been taking 30 days from order # so should be 10/16ish."

Car #3 is the one I really want, (best price and color) but I can't see it getting here before Car #2, so that means November and if car #1 gets here next week I'll probably take it unless I can be sure car #3 will get here 10/16ish like he said. I can wait a couple weeks, but not another month or more.

Is there any way to get any info from the Order #? I'm hoping when the guy updates the 2023 allocation sheet on Thursday I'll be able to see the car on it and get the VIN# but right now it's frustrating not knowing.

·
Registered
20 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hello. I'm a newbie here and made a sales agreement with a dealer at RI (Nucar Tarbox). My car arrived at the Philadelphia Port and delivery date has been kept pushed from 9/2 to 9/6 and then 9/13. I'm not sure how often this site, https://hiepcs.com/hyundai, gets updated. However, I'm able to find that it is United Road that transports cars from PA to RI. I was able to log in to United Road OVISS and able to see the status of my car. The scheduled delivery is 8/29 now. the https://hiepcs.com/hyundai still shows PA.
I tried to fill out the form on the United Road webpage and they told me to get in touch with the dealer. I assume you have a normal account with them then?

·
Registered
71 Posts
Has anyone experienced it taking six days or longer for their car to go to Port Arrival status after being delivered to Philly Port? Our '23 I5 had an expected delivery date of 10-18 that got pushed to 10-25 today. I think it had to arrive at the Philly Port on 9-23 on the Don Quijote vehicle carrier. Philly isn't showing any additional vehicle carriers due into port through 10-15.

This is driving me crazy. I have to time selling my truck which I have very good offers on and booking a plane ticket to my dealer in Connecticut. 1st world problem I know.

·
Registered
2022, Teal Limited AWD
175 Posts
Pay no attention to the AA PA status. I just went through my delivery. Dates went up and down. Mine got to the dealer several days ahead of the delivery date.
If you have a sticker it is in port. I don’t know of the significance of the PA status. Mine took several days after the sticker was available

·
Registered
71 Posts
Pay no attention to the AA PA status. I just went through my delivery. Dates went up and down. Mine got to the dealer several days ahead of the delivery date.
If you have a sticker it is in port. I don’t know of the significance of the PA status. Mine took several days after the sticker was available
OK Thanks. I guess nobody probably knows if the cars get scanned and go to PA status when driven off the boat or if it happens when they get inspected and accessories installed.

I can't think of any way to know which boat it was on other than the window sticker and once you have that who cares what boat it was on.

·
Registered
11 Posts
OK Thanks. I guess nobody probably knows if the cars get scanned and go to PA status when driven off the boat or if it happens when they get inspected and accessories installed.

I can't think of any way to know which boat it was on other than the window sticker and once you have that who cares what boat it was on.
I had deposits on 2 cars, first was due 10/5, then 9/28, then 10/5 again. Went from PA to DS a couple weeks ago, then flipped back and forth between DS and TN a few times before finally showing up Tuesday night. Picked it up yesterday.
The other one showed PA the whole time and was scheduled 10/14. Just got to the dealer today. Wasn't the one I was planning to buy, but just funny they both came in within 2 days.

881 - 900 of 940 Posts