Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner
801 - 820 of 851 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Call your dealer and ask which port
The port of entry should be stated in the upper left corner of your window sticker. The lower right corner under the bar code has a hint about the name of the ship it will arrive on. Be aware that these ships all kind of have the same name, and that the hint will only help point you in the right direction. For example, there are nearly 50 cargo/vehicle carrier ships with the word MORNING in their name. The easiest way I've found to narrow it down is to use this webpage, but it only works if your car has already been delivered to the port.

Enter "Hyundai" (or even "Ioniq" if you want to get luck into the GENERAL SEARCH field.)
Select your port from the US PORT field
Enter the name or partial name of your ship into the VESSEL NAME field.
Do a search. It will tell you when your car got dropped off.

There are other vessel tracking sites out there, but I didn't find them particularly helpful.

·
Registered
3 Posts
So my car had an original delivery estimate date of 7/21 and keeps getting pushed back, now 8/10. Looks like there are many others on the same boat. It showed up on the spreadsheet on 7/8 and has been in AA status since then.

Does anyone know what ship it is on? Window Sticker says GLOVI, but there are so many Glovis ships. Port is Philly.

·
Registered
197 Posts
So my car had an original delivery estimate date of 7/21 and keeps getting pushed back, now 8/10. Looks like there are many others on the same boat. It showed up on the spreadsheet on 7/8 and has been in AA status since then.

Does anyone know what ship it is on? Window Sticker says GLOVI, but there are so many Glovis ships. Port is Philly.
What I understand is….Window sticker is created when the car arrives at port.
If you can see window sticker, probably it’s already land at the port. Also you can see which port the car arrived.
I only see Asian majestic vessel which schedules to arrive at the Philly port on 7/23.
Possibly cars from 8/8-18 estimated delivery schedule from dealer website.

·
Registered
2022 IONIQ5 Limited AWD Cyber Gray
926 Posts
Are you absolutely sure about that? I have the window sticker from the dealer, but the VIN on hiepcs site says "AA" still.
X2. My understanding is it's live when the vin is assigned which is why we were using them to figure out what ship was bringing our cars to what port.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Are you absolutely sure about that? I have the window sticker from the dealer, but the VIN on hiepcs site says "AA" still.

Window sticker also clearly says "GLOVI" on the barcode.
Try from the dealer website. Window sticker is available when the car arrives to ports from dealer’s website. Probably dealers can access window stickers anytime.

·
Registered
127 Posts
An example:

My car arrived at the Port of Philadelphia on 21 June, was presumably unloaded on 22 June, and the sticker showed up on the 23rd. It's status changed to PA on 25 June.

·
Registered
3 Posts
An example:

My car arrived at the Port of Philadelphia on 21 June, was presumably unloaded on 22 June, and the sticker showed up on the 23rd. It's status changed to PA on 25 June.
I didn't think the window sticker was on the website, because the dealer just text it to me. But I just checked and the sticker is now on the website too! So maybe the car reached the port and the status will change soon on the spreadsheet.

EDIT: Just noticed Glovis Crown is expected in Philadelphia tomorrow, 7/24. Maybe that is the one.

EDIT 2: Just checked hiepcs this morning and status changed to PA! Nice to see some movement finally.

·
Registered
197 Posts
I didn't think the window sticker was on the website, because the dealer just text it to me. But I just checked and the sticker is now on the website too! So maybe the car reached the port and the status will change soon on the spreadsheet.

EDIT: Just noticed Glovis Crown is expected in Philadelphia tomorrow, 7/24. Maybe that is the one.

EDIT 2: Just checked hiepcs this morning and status changed to PA! Nice to see some movement finally.
Then probably it came early with other ships. Both Asian majestic (arrive today) and Glovis crown (arrive tomorrow) still are at the sea so status should be “AA”.

Hope your car arrives your dealer soon but expect to have some delay.
Mine was one of quick delivery. It took 15 days to my dealer but my dealer is located with one hour from the port.

·
Registered
14 Posts
So, our SEL the port of entry is NC and the ship is K.ASI on the window sticker. It looks like the vessel is "K.ASIA BEAUTY" looks like it's going back to Korea? only made a stop in California. Car is supposed to end up in Corpus Christi, TX.

·
Registered
197 Posts
So, our SEL the port of entry is NC and the ship is K.ASI on the window sticker. It looks like the vessel is "K.ASIA BEAUTY" looks like it's going back to Korea? only made a stop in California. Car is supposed to end up in Corpus Christi, TX.
Possibly your car might transit with railroad then delivery truck to your dealer…….

·
Registered
7 Posts
If you guys can post the digits above the barcode in the bottom right hand part of your window sticker, I may be able to help you determine which ship your car was on.

If the sticker is posted and you can pull it up, that means it is at a port. It's already there, awaiting inspection and pickup by either rail or truck transport.

For instance - mine 196 A 2063QASIAN

Don't know exactly what the 196 or A mean, but the 206 is the 206th day of the year - July 25th, 2022. This corresponds to when my car arrived in Philly and it was at this point that I could pull up my sticker. The 3 indicates the model year's last digit (for instance, a 2022 would show a 2 here). The Q is also unknown to me. It arrived on the Asian Majesty. My car did not switch from AA to PA until yesterday.

TN means transport ready
IR means in transit (via rail)
IT means in transit (via truck)
DS means dealer stock

These statuses are HIGHLY inconsistent right now and really mean nothing. As do your ETAs. Could show up weeks early, or weeks late.

Of course, the port is in the top left of the sticker. As far as I know, Hyundai only uses 4 ports to deliver cars built in Ulsan Korea. Portland, OR, Hueneme, CA, Philadelphia, PA and Brunswick, GA. Wilmington is not a port that they use.

·
Registered
14 Posts
If you guys can post the digits above the barcode in the bottom right hand part of your window sticker, I may be able to help you determine which ship your car was on.

If the sticker is posted and you can pull it up, that means it is at a port. It's already there, awaiting inspection and pickup by either rail or truck transport.

For instance - mine 196 A 2063QASIAN

Don't know exactly what the 196 or A mean, but the 206 is the 206th day of the year - July 25th, 2022. This corresponds to when my car arrived in Philly and it was at this point that I could pull up my sticker. The 3 indicates the model year's last digit (for instance, a 2022 would show a 2 here). The Q is also unknown to me. It arrived on the Asian Majesty. My car did not switch from AA to PA until yesterday.

TN means transport ready
IR means in transit (via rail)
IT means in transit (via truck)
DS means dealer stock

These statuses are HIGHLY inconsistent right now and really mean nothing. As do your ETAs. Could show up weeks early, or weeks late.

Of course, the port is in the top left of the sticker. As far as I know, Hyundai only uses 4 ports to deliver cars built in Ulsan Korea. Portland, OR, Hueneme, CA, Philadelphia, PA and Brunswick, GA. Wilmington is not a port that they use.
199 A 2042VK.ASI

changed from AA to PA yesterday July 26th.

801 - 820 of 851 Posts