Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner
661 - 679 of 679 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Appreciate the info about your experiences.

I just checked and it looks like there’s a window sticker generated now, so looks like it’s off the boat?

The good news is the dealer is local so I’ll be ready whenever I get the call!
Upper left on the sticker will tell you what port it came into. Lower left (below the bar code), there will be 3 numbers, that's the day of the year it got into port. IE: if it shows 151 that's the 151st day of the year or May 31st.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Upper left on the sticker will tell you what port it came into. Lower left (below the bar code), there will be 3 numbers, that's the day of the year it got into port. IE: if it shows 151 that's the 151st day of the year or May 31st.
Awesome info!!! Port was PH - Port Huenene in California? Arrived 160 so June 9th. I'm in NC, so I guess it's a combination of rail and truck. Original date was June 30 but it's changed to July 7th and now July 12th.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Still stuck at AA for the past two weeks. Expected date delayed again this morning from 7/7 to 7/12. If it’s not even to port yet, my guess is it won’t be until late July realistically.

Is there a way to figure out what boat it’s on before a window sticker is made?
I'm in New England. My car came in on the Morning Camilla on June 22 (according to the sticker which showed up the day after it arrived at the Port of Philadelphia.) Even though the ship has now left the port (so the car should be in the port lot) the status is still AA.

My estimated delivery date changed from 7/1 to 7/8 and now to 7/13 yesterday.

·
Registered
3 Posts
According to the sticker my car arrived at Philly on June 9th. Current status is PA. Initial delivery to the dealer was supposed to be 6/28. Then it changed to 7/6 then 7/12 and now 7/19. Still waiting for the status to update to TN from PA.

·
Registered
52 Posts
According to the sticker my car arrived at Philly on June 9th. Current status is PA. Initial delivery to the dealer was supposed to be 6/28. Then it changed to 7/6 then 7/12 and now 7/19. Still waiting for the status to update to TN from PA.
Sounds like your vehicle is close to mine which also arrived in Philly on 6/9.

Dates went 6/30 to 7/7 to 7/12 to 7/13. Just went from PA to TN today so hopefully yours turns soon.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hodog16. It's interesting that your dates didn't change by a week like mine and many other posts on this thread. If you don't mind me asking where is your dealership located?

·
Registered
52 Posts
Sure thing it’s in NC. I don’t think there’s anything special about the dealer, essentially it’s been delayed two weeks.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I've recently been seeing some strange behavior in the status and planned delivery date for my car on the hiepcs website. According to the window sticker, it reached the port (NC) on May 30. When I put a deposit down a month ago, the expected delivery date was June 11. Since then, there have been multiple delays (ranging from a day to a week at a time). Yesterday, the expected date was August 17. Today, the date changed to July 12 (the first time it's moved closer). The status has remained "PA" on most days. Except for two times now, for a day only, the status switched to "DS" before moving back to "PA" the next day. In the past week, it's been like this:
Sunday: PA, expected August 10
Monday to Wednesday: PA, expected August 17
Thursday (yesterday): DS, expected August 17
Friday (today): PA, expected July 12.
Does anyone know the reason for these changes? What is going on? Was yesterday's change in status and today's change in expected date just random errors? Or do these changes only occur when something changes on the ground? I don't know if I should get my hopes up regarding the change from Aug 17 to July 12, or just chalk it up to someone's entry mistake or a bug in the system.

·
Registered
85 Posts
I was creating this to post after my car arrived, but since we're discussing it, I'll post it now. My experience is very similar to yours, @alwayz247 .

I "ordered" a Lucid Blue/Black interior Ioniq 5 from my local dealer in January 2022.

I'm someone who likes to be able to know the status of things and see how they're progressing. Sadly, my dealer gave me zero information about anything (despite my asking even for information about how I was progressing in the local queue) for six months until mid June.

In mid June, they told me that they had a car for me and it would arrive in early July. Eventually, I got a VIN number from them.

Since I like to follow the progression of things, I followed it closely. Here are the steps it took along the way. I thought this information might be informative to others who are following the journey of their cars.

My dealer is in Massachusetts; cars for Massachusetts arrive at the Port of Philadelphia.

I discovered what ships were traveling from ULSAN to Philadelphia using Schedule - EUKOR.

The port of Philadelphia has a list of ship arrivals at: https://www.philaport.com/future-vessel-arrivals/ though the MORNING CAMILLA never showed up on that list.

I tracked the ship using vesselfinder.com and marinetraffic.com.

Being a professional computer nerd, I wrote some automated software to keep track of when the inventoryStatus or plannedDeliveryDate would change in the API.

Here's the timeline:

May: Vehicle carrier MORNING CAMILLA departs ULSAN, Republic of Korea
11 June: Dealer calls and says they have a car, arriving Early July
12 June: Dealer emails VIN, but it's not yet available in hiepcs.com site
13 June: VIN appears in the hiepcs.com site, showing status AA, planned delivery 1 July.
14 June: Status changes to DS
15 June: Status changes to AA
17 June: Status changes to DS, planned delivery changes to 8 July
18 June: Status changed to AA
21 June 10PM: Vehicle carrier MORNING CAMILLA arrives Port of Philadelphia Pier 122
22 June: Status changed to DS
22 June: Vehicle offloaded from MORNING CAMILLA (presumably)
22 June 10PM: Vehicle carrier MORNING CAMILLA departs Port of Phildelphia
23 June: Window sticker shows up on dealer's website
23 June: Status changed to AA, planned delivery changes to 13 July
24 June: Status changed to DS
25 June: Status changed to PA
26 June: Status changed to DS
27 June: Status changed to PA
29 June: planned delivery changes to 20 July
30 June: Status changed to DS
01 July: planned delivery changes to 15 July

Clearly DS doesn't mean "Dealer Stock" as many have speculated. I'm not sure what it means.

I'm hoping the status will change to TN soon.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I was creating this to post after my car arrived, but since we're discussing it, I'll post it now. My experience is very similar to yours, @alwayz247 .

I "ordered" a Lucid Blue/Black interior Ioniq 5 from my local dealer in January 2022.

I'm someone who likes to be able to know the status of things and see how they're progressing. Sadly, my dealer gave me zero information about anything (despite my asking even for information about how I was progressing in the local queue) for six months until mid June.

In mid June, they told me that they had a car for me and it would arrive in early July. Eventually, I got a VIN number from them.

Since I like to follow the progression of things, I followed it closely. Here are the steps it took along the way. I thought this information might be informative to others who are following the journey of their cars.

My dealer is in Massachusetts; cars for Massachusetts arrive at the Port of Philadelphia.

I discovered what ships were traveling from ULSAN to Philadelphia using Schedule - EUKOR.

The port of Philadelphia has a list of ship arrivals at: https://www.philaport.com/future-vessel-arrivals/ though the MORNING CAMILLA never showed up on that list.

I tracked the ship using vesselfinder.com and marinetraffic.com.

Being a professional computer nerd, I wrote some automated software to keep track of when the inventoryStatus or plannedDeliveryDate would change in the API.

Here's the timeline:

May: Vehicle carrier MORNING CAMILLA departs ULSAN, Republic of Korea
11 June: Dealer calls and says they have a car, arriving Early July
12 June: Dealer emails VIN, but it's not yet available in hiepcs.com site
13 June: VIN appears in the hiepcs.com site, showing status AA, planned delivery 1 July.
14 June: Status changes to DS
15 June: Status changes to AA
17 June: Status changes to DS, planned delivery changes to 8 July
18 June: Status changed to AA
21 June 10PM: Vehicle carrier MORNING CAMILLA arrives Port of Philadelphia Pier 122
22 June: Status changed to DS
22 June: Vehicle offloaded from MORNING CAMILLA (presumably)
22 June 10PM: Vehicle carrier MORNING CAMILLA departs Port of Phildelphia

Clearly DS doesn't mean "Dealer Stock" as many have speculated. I'm not sure what it means.

Having tried to scour the internet trying to gather as much info as I can, I have that these status acronyms do not seem to have definite, agreed-upon full forms. With DS, I've heard "Dealer Stock", which means the car is in the dealer's lot, and I've heard "Dealer Scheduled", which means it might not be on the lot but on its way there. I honestly do not know how the latter would differ from the IR/IT acronym (In route/ In rail/ In train/ In truck/ In transit). I also read somewhere that it's common for DS to be mis-entered. So, unless it stays DS for a few days, one cannot trust this status, especially if the change is sudden (eg. from AA or PA directly to DS).

I wish I could figure out who exactly is in charge of entering these codes and the planned delivery date. Is it actual people on the ground during different phases of transport that update this or are these automatically generated? Mainly in regards to the planned delivery date, how is this calculated? On hiepcs, we get this to the second. Of course the hour, minute, and second values are meaningless, but why are these values there, and why don't they remain constant. And I know that the day is a very rough estimate too. But I'm baffled by how this keeps changing. In your case, it's moved from 7/1 -> 7/8 -> 7/13 -> 7/20 -> 7/15. Mine has moved from 7/11 -> 7/27 -> 7/28 -> 8/4 -> 8/9 -> 8/10 -> 8/11 -> 8/17 -> 7/12. I've tracked it semi-regularly for three and a half weeks. My car has been in the port for a long time, and the status has remained "PA" all this time (except for two days when it changed to "DS", probably an error?). I've tried asking my dealer multiple times regarding the status, and the reason for the delay. He's maintained that the reason is the lack of truckers (not recall holds or any other reason). So, if nothing is changing on the ground, why does this planned delivery date keep changing?

·
Registered
85 Posts
I wish I could figure out who exactly is in charge of entering these codes and the planned delivery date. Is it actual people on the ground during different phases of transport that update this or are these automatically generated?
I suspect that as the vehicle travels along the way, people scan a barcode on the car and that changes its status. I.e. on the boat, off the boat, going on to the truck, etc. As to why it weirdly goes to DS sometimes, I have no idea. Perhaps it changes to that if the dealer updates something in the database about the car? Just one guess. My dealer seems to very carefully remove their cars from the Hyundai API as quickly as they can. (But they still show up on hiepcs.)
Mainly in regards to the planned delivery date, how is this calculated? On hiepcs, we get this to the second. Of course the hour, minute, and second values are meaningless, but why are these values there, and why don't they remain constant.
I keep feeling that the hour/minute/second contain some information, perhaps not about delivery date, or else why would they contain data at all and not 00:00:00? It's all a mystery that I suspect we will never know.

However, I'm feeling good about my approximate delivery date. When it starts going backwards, I feel like they are getting a better handle on when it might actually be delivered.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I suspect that as the vehicle travels along the way, people scan a barcode on the car and that changes its status. I.e. on the boat, off the boat, going on to the truck, etc.
That is exactly what I think too.

As to why it weirdly goes to DS sometimes, I have no idea. Perhaps it changes to that if the dealer updates something in the database about the car? Just one guess.
That is a good guess. Maybe that's it.

My dealer seems to very carefully remove their cars from the Hyundai API as quickly as they can. (But they still show up on hiepcs.)
I'm sure you know this already, but you can always use the link like Find New Hyundai Cars, SUVs, Hybrids | Dealer Inventory Search (where #### is the VIN) to lookup the inventory on the Hyundai website. These "removed" cars seem to be only hidden from searches on the Hyundai website, but their pages are still up. My car, after I put in a deposit, also disappeared from the Hyundai website when I searched it, but I could find the page manually. The pictures of the car are gone though.

I keep feeling that the hour/minute/second contain some information, perhaps not about delivery date, or else why would they contain data at all and not 00:00:00? It's all a mystery that I suspect we will never know.
That may be true. I wish the process was more transparent.

However, I'm feeling good about my approximate delivery date. When it starts going backwards, I feel like they are getting a better handle on when it might actually be delivered.
I wish I was as optimistic as you. I still feel like tomorrow or a day after, I'll wake up to find the date delayed even further on the API. One more thing I have been doing is tracking another car that has the same entry port, and same window sticker barcodes (so same manufacture and port entry dates, same ship, etc), and same planned delivery dates. My view was that it's likely that these cars are likely to be tranported together. The planned delivery dates kept changing in unison. But today, my car's date moved up to 7/12 while the other car's remained 8/17. That's another reason for my doubt, and why I think this might just have been an error, and my car's date will move back to 8/17 in a couple of days. If you want, you could do something similar by going to your dealer's website to find another car and check.

PS. Can I ask how you accessed the Hyundai API? Did you just write a code to open the hiepcs website and extract information every day or is there a way to directly access the API itself?

·
Registered
85 Posts
PS. Can I ask how you accessed the Hyundai API? Did you just write a code to open the hiepcs website and extract information every day or is there a way to directly access the API itself?
On Linux, I used the built-in cron capability on my personal server to periodically run programs.

Then I would write bash scripts that used curl (a command line http tool) to retrieve the results from the various endpoints.

I checked what cars were at my local dealer using the Hyundai API below. This is documented in many places on this forum. The '%s' strings in the URL below get replaced by the zipcode you want to search, the year and model of cars you are searching for and the distance around the specified zipcode you wish to search, in miles. In addition to GETing this URL, you must set an http header Referrer: to be a hyundai URL. The result you get back is in JSON format. I ran this once a day to see what cars were coming to my dealer.
I would automatically compare the result to the result from the previous day and email me when things changed.

Then I would use this API endpoint to retrieve the sticker for a given vehicle. I automatically ran this once a day via cron until the sticker was available. This is the URL from my dealer's website, though I suspect every dealer has a similar one.
In this case, you have to replace the %s with the VIN of the car you're looking for.

Finally, I would look up individual vehicle status using this endpoint:
where %s is replaced by the VIN. I would run this once a day for each car my dealer was expecting to see how the status and plannedDeliveryDate would change. I would compute any differences and email myself the result.

I didn't want to retrieve these endpoints too frequently lest their owners notice and shut them down or add more security.

·
Registered
5 Posts
On Linux, I used the built-in cron capability on my personal server to periodically run programs.

Then I would write bash scripts that used curl (a command line http tool) to retrieve the results from the various endpoints.

I checked what cars were at my local dealer using the Hyundai API below. This is documented in many places on this forum. The '%s' strings in the URL below get replaced by the zipcode you want to search, the year and model of cars you are searching for and the distance around the specified zipcode you wish to search, in miles. In addition to GETing this URL, you must set an http header Referrer: to be a hyundai URL. The result you get back is in JSON format. I ran this once a day to see what cars were coming to my dealer.
I would automatically compare the result to the result from the previous day and email me when things changed.

Then I would use this API endpoint to retrieve the sticker for a given vehicle. I automatically ran this once a day via cron until the sticker was available. This is the URL from my dealer's website, though I suspect every dealer has a similar one.
In this case, you have to replace the %s with the VIN of the car you're looking for.

Finally, I would look up individual vehicle status using this endpoint:
where %s is replaced by the VIN. I would run this once a day for each car my dealer was expecting to see how the status and plannedDeliveryDate would change. I would compute any differences and email myself the result.

I didn't want to retrieve these endpoints too frequently lest their owners notice and shut them down or add more security.
Thanks so much for such a detailed recommendation. I might try writing a script to do something similar.

Also, my car's status now changed from PA to DS with the same planned delivery date of 7/12. Someone a few pages back said that they noticed a pattern that the planned date keep automatically pushed forward by a week every Monday. The only exceptions were when the planned dates moved backward, in which case, the status changed to DS the very next day. My car followed this pattern. I'm slightly more hopeful now. It's interesting that in your case, the status changed to DS first, and then the planned delivery date moved back the next day.

·
Registered
85 Posts

And with that, my script just reported to me that my car's status changed from PA/DS to TN and my delivery date changed from 7/15 to 7/14!

·
Registered
5 Posts
And with that, my script just reported to me that my car's status changed from PA/DS to TN and my delivery date changed from 7/15 to 7/14!
Great! I guess that's more or less confirmation that your car is finally on the way to the dealer's and should arrive in two weeks or so. I don't know what's up with the status change from PA/DS to TN, but it should not make much of a difference.
My dealer confirmed that my car's new ETA is indeed 7/12, which is great news. He did tell me that sometimes, cars stay in the holding area for up to 2 weeks before making it to the dealership. I don't know what that means, but I'm still happy that there's more certainty now.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I looked up some other VINs of the cars that are supposed to go to the my dealership and they have all been changed to TN status with planned delivery dates earlier than what I see for mine. Mine is still in PA status and it's weird because I would assume all the cars bound to one dealership would be transported together.

661 - 679 of 679 Posts