Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner
641 - 660 of 679 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Interesting.

Using postman I am unable to locate my VIN in the returned JSON. I do see two entries that go to my dealership but neither are limited (or mine) and both show dates in early June.

However, plugging my VIN into https://hiepcs.com/hyundai, a website recommended by the lords of Reddit, I do see information for my VIN. It seems to be entombed at a port (PA status) and scheduled for delivery June 20th.

Any idea why the app above lists my vehicle but the postman GET API method does not? Note I did increase the radius to 10,000 and searched the entire JSON for my VIN, nada.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Any idea why the app above lists my vehicle but the postman GET API method does not? Note I did increase the radius to 10,000 and searched the entire JSON for my VIN, nada.
I believe dealers can control what shows up on the hyundai api.

My dealer usually has no cars that show up in the API. Periodically a few cars show up and then they disappear in a day or two.

I think that if the car is pre-sold (or perhaps for any reason) the dealer can do something to remove cars from the API output.

Strangely, another thing I see is that the dealer's phone numbers go from a format like XXX-XXX-XXXX to XXXXXXXXXX and then some time later, it goes back to the first format again. For my dealer, the API hasn't been particularly useful

·
Registered
2022 White Ioniq 5 SEL
65 Posts
Here are a couple of short videos to watch while waiting for your Ionic 5 to disembark the ship and clear port. There are other longer videos that show more detail and give all of us a better understanding of the vessels and the automotive transportation process. Enjoy.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Here are a couple of short videos to watch while waiting for your Ionic 5 to disembark the ship and clear port. There are other longer videos that show more detail and give all of us a better understanding of the vessels and the automotive transportation process. Enjoy.

Fascinating stuff!

·
Registered
86 Posts
@IonicZ posted those cool videos of vehicle operations on the ship. My car will come into the Port of Philadelphia (Pier 122) and here's a short video of operations there.

The Glovis Condor arrived there yesterday and left today. The Port of Philadelphia "future vessel arrivals" doesn't show any vehicle carriers arriving anytime soon. My I5 is scheduled to arrive at the dealer in MA around 1 July, so I'm hoping it was on the Glovis Condor!

·
Registered
86 Posts
Is it just me or is the tracker off today? 500 cars just disappeared overnight (in a 999 mile radius of my zip code). That's... unusual
In my local world, I see the opposite. I think a new allocation has been released: Last week my dealer was showing one Ioniq 5 on their web page. Today, they are showing 16 vehicles.

Of course, almost none of those show up on EVFinder or the Hyundai API -- they never do. Somehow my dealer hides them. (But you can find them on hiepcs.com)

·
Registered
2022 White Ioniq 5 SEL
65 Posts
Just wanted to say that I picked up my Ioniq 5 yesterday, driving about 300 miles home and I'm very happy with the car. It is very peppy, has great tech, is very quiet and seems well built. Mileage per kWh was 4.2 for the first 110 miles and 3.9 for the last 192 miles. I realize that will go down, but off to a good start. I wanted to maximize the mileage on the way home and guarantee just one stop along the way so I set the Ioniq for ECO, driver only climate, 75 degrees (outside temp 91) and took my time. It took a little longer, but range was great all the way and I pulled into the garage still having 90 miles in the "tank". I was able to find an Electrify America station on the way with 350 available. The charging was extremely quick. Other than a thunder storm for about 100 miles, it was a very pleasant trip. I look forward to getting comfortable with the Ioniq and putting it to the test over the coming weeks. Definitely worth the wait. Hang in there.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Just wanted to say that I picked up my Ioniq 5 yesterday, driving about 300 miles home and I'm very happy with the car. It is very peppy, has great tech, is very quiet and seems well built. Mileage per kWh was 4.2 for the first 110 miles and 3.9 for the last 192 miles. I realize that will go down, but off to a good start. I wanted to maximize the mileage on the way home and guarantee just one stop along the way so I set the Ioniq for ECO, driver only climate, 75 degrees (outside temp 91) and took my time. It took a little longer, but range was great all the way and I pulled into the garage still having 90 miles in the "tank". I was able to find an Electrify America station on the way with 350 available. The charging was extremely quick. Other than a thunder storm for about 100 miles, it was a very pleasant trip. I look forward to getting comfortable with the Ioniq and putting it to the test over the coming weeks. Definitely worth the wait. Hang in there.
Thanks! Glad it all worked out for ya! Also happy about the feedback. Mine got pushed to 07/15 now. Hahaha so yeah. More waiting.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Welp, you were right! Just switched to TN this morning. New eta 06/27!

·
Registered
52 Posts
Waiting on an SEL that’s been AA for awhile. I knew original promised date of 6/30 wasn’t realistic at this point, and sure enough today it updated to 7/7.

I don’t need it until end of August so hopefully that’s enough cushion.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Anyone know what API is used to get the car details from a VIN? Looks like it’s a non hyundai API.

I’m working on building an android app that listens for any changes on a given vin and notifies you of any changes to delivery date or status. I’m using the hyundai-custom-api.herokuapp API, but not sure if it’s ok to use it or not

·
Registered
52 Posts
Still stuck at AA for the past two weeks. Expected date delayed again this morning from 7/7 to 7/12. If it’s not even to port yet, my guess is it won’t be until late July realistically.

Is there a way to figure out what boat it’s on before a window sticker is made?

·
Registered
83 Posts
Still stuck at AA for the past two weeks. Expected date delayed again this morning from 7/7 to 7/12. If it’s not even to port yet, my guess is it won’t be until late July realistically.

Is there a way to figure out what boat it’s on before a window sticker is made?
I went through the same scenario. Mine showed AA for 22 days after it hit port with no window sticker. 23rd day it went PA and sticker finally showing, TN the next day (Friday), then delivered to dealer on the following Monday. Dealers and manufacturers are still stuck in the pre-covid mentality geared around selling after cars get to the dealer lot. They don't seem to care at all about dismal scanning procedures or customer stress. About the only thing you can do is to look at other I5s going to same dealer with similar delivery dates, most likely it travelled with them. I did that and my assumptions were correct. Hyundai customer service and dealers are pretty much looking at same info and obviously not holding Glovis accountable for processing delays and missing scans.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Appreciate the info about your experiences.

I just checked and it looks like there’s a window sticker generated now, so looks like it’s off the boat?

The good news is the dealer is local so I’ll be ready whenever I get the call!

641 - 660 of 679 Posts