Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So having a good deal on my new ionic, and currently been experiencing slow updates, I asked my dealer today about an update, I received an screen shot, with delivery of the car being made on the 18th of April, original delivery date was the 20th of march! so one is rather pissed off, so I had asked them to cancel the order as this is way past the delivery estimate and also puts me into the tax increase month. they then offered to deduct the cost of the additional years of tax off the finance, so I am unsure what to do about it now... I said I will let them know tomorrow, but with the issues others are having I'm in two minds to keep it or go ahead with the deal

·
Registered
344 Posts
That does sound rather upsetting to have to deal with but they offering something to compensate... If you don't end up taking it, what are your plans?

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That does sound rather upsetting to have to deal with but they offering something to compensate... If you don't end up taking it, what are your plans?
see if I can perhaps locate an ioniq pre reg, and then try and get them to better the deal
otherwise il stop looking at cars lol

·
Registered
166 Posts
So having a good deal on my new ionic, and currently been experiencing slow updates, I asked my dealer today about an update, I received an screen shot, with delivery of the car being made on the 18th of April, original delivery date was the 20th of march! so one is rather pissed off, so I had asked them to cancel the order as this is way past the delivery estimate and also puts me into the tax increase month. they then offered to deduct the cost of the additional years of tax off the finance, so I am unsure what to do about it now... I said I will let them know tomorrow, but with the issues others are having I'm in two minds to keep it or go ahead with the deal
It's a difficult decision to make and forums can be misleading, you get a disproportionate number of people talking about problems and it's hard to determine whether or not there are large scale problems or not. Although, the threads relating to flat batteries are a bit of a concern.

This is my 2nd Hyundai and I chose the Ioniq largely because of my experiences with Hyundai and with that first vehicle (i40 estate). I've only had my Ionic for 8 days now so its a bit early to say, but I will keep the forum updated.

·
Super Moderator
8,252 Posts
the first year VED is free, so you only need compensating for year 2 onwards,

I would say they are showing good faith in offering that,

as to the issues I would say most if not all the battery issues as early models ( but that could just mean it takes a while to show up), other than the 4-5 cars with the battery issue very few other issues reported

the main worry seems to be Hyundai don't seem to know the cause of the battery issues, or they have not been able to work out a fix yet

·
Registered
843 Posts
Take a deep breath...

18th April is only just over a month away.

Your thinking process at this point in time is likely being driven by anger and frustration .

Sleep on it, and put oneself one month in the future - would you still be excited? The car is fairly unique, after all!

Sounds like your car is on the same boat as mine - docking 5th April ;)

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yes thats right, was annoyed yesterday, but i said to them that i would think it over, and given that they are compensating for the road tax, i have decided to carry on with the deal.

Just annoying when expectations are not meet, but there you go, anything to secure a sale.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts