Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner
41 - 60 of 84 Posts

·
Registered
264 Posts
That's a really good point and very real concern. One of the reasons we wanted to buy an EV right now is because my wife and I are worried that the Ontario government could get rid of the rebate after the election this summer. If that happens I hope it takes them a long time to get rid of it.

Since I ordered my car on Feb. 28 I'll be ok as long as it's delivered before Sept 7. That's cutting it close if I end up waiting for a 2019. Even under the "new" program the Ioniq EV is eligible for a $14,000 rebate. So if the government ends the program I hope they will honor the program for those of us who ordered cars before it was cancelled.
Andrew I thought you already got your Ioniq? Were you not asking about charging stations in Ajax?

·
Registered
209 Posts
Andrew I thought you already got your Ioniq? Were you not asking about charging stations in Ajax?
I bought it but I'm still waiting for it to be built and delivered. :( I was trying to be proactive and learn as much as I can about the car, charging, finding charging stations, etc. Now I'm hoping I get bumped up to a newer and better 2019 model for the same price. :D

·
Registered
592 Posts
I don't know if this offers any insight, but our dealer let us see this memo that went out to dealerships on April 18 explaining about the battery shortage and why they were halting 2018 Ioniq sales. This is from an Ottawa dealership. We had been in talks to buy a 2018 Ioniq but today when we got to the dealer for a final test drive and to do paperwork it turned into a 2019. It was very bizarre meeting at the dealership. We were told that they couldn't tell us any info about the 2019, but it would have better range. They said there was a rumour of 200 miles but they really had no clue. They didn't know if there would be any other changes. They said it was the exact same price as the 2018 Ioniq we had been looking at. Then they said it would be an August delivery. As in this August. We signed the sales order and gave them a deposit but we are too skeptical to get excited. Delivery of a new 2019 (mystery range) Ioniq this August when they haven't even announced the specs yet seems like a stretch.
Anyone have a higher resolution photo of this they can share with me? Can hardly read the text...thanks

·
Registered
592 Posts
I bought it but I'm still waiting for it to be built and delivered. :( I was trying to be proactive and learn as much as I can about the car, charging, finding charging stations, etc. Now I'm hoping I get bumped up to a newer and better 2019 model for the same price. :D
Ask you dealer if you can be transferred over to 2019 Ioniq waiting list.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Ask you dealer if you can be transferred over to 2019 Ioniq waiting list.
I already did yesterday. ;) He said he'd do his best and would let me know once he hears more from Hyundai. I was even thinking of calling Hyundai Canada directly if that's possible. I'm willing to roll the dice and wait for a 2019. Wish me luck!

Anyone have a higher resolution photo of this they can share with me? Can hardly read the text...thanks
Try saving it in a PC and looking at it there. That worked for me and I was able to read it. If that doesn't work let me know and I'll transcribe it for you We have 3 people that comfrmed from different dealerships now.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have been waiting for the Ioniq EV since I bought mine on Labour Day weekend in Hamilton. Eight months next week, and I still have no clear idea of when the car I ordered will be built let alone delivered to Canada, let alone be in my possession. If I get the thing before the end of the summer I will treat it as a surprise. This whole process has been incredibly frustrating to say the very least. The lack of information provided to me buy anyone involved has been really disappointing. I just hope owning and commuting in an EV is as great as I think it will be after test driving the Ioniq EV the day we ordered one.

Good luck everyone else!

·
Registered
592 Posts
I already did yesterday. ;) He said he'd do his best and would let me know once he hears more from Hyundai. I was even thinking of calling Hyundai Canada directly if that's possible. I'm willing to roll the dice and wait for a 2019. Wish me luck!

Try saving it in a PC and looking at it there. That worked for me and I was able to read it. If that doesn't work let me know and I'll transcribe it for you We have 3 people that comfrmed from different dealerships now.
That seems pretty good! My sales guy just wants me to take the wait and see approach before doing anything. His manager thinks I will get my 2018 fulfilled even when I asked to voluntarily convert my 2018 order to 2019 ASAP so I can be in the front of the list. I think they want to give my the 2018 ASAP because I said I would not be purchasing the 2019 without the $14,000 rebate, which or may not end come this June election.

I have tried contacting Hyundai Canada in the past and they never respond to any emails.

P.S. Which dealer did you order from? Mine was Pineview Hyundai

·
Registered
209 Posts
That seems pretty good! My sales guy just wants me to take the wait and see approach before doing anything. His manager thinks I will get my 2018 fulfilled even when I asked to voluntarily convert my 2018 order to 2019 ASAP so I can be in the front of the list. I think they want to give my the 2018 ASAP because I said I would not be purchasing the 2019 without the $14,000 rebate, which or may not end come this June election.

I have tried contacting Hyundai Canada in the past and they never respond to any emails.

The dealership I'm working with is Ajax Hyundai. The good thing is that as long as you ordered the car already (I did and have the paperwork to show it to the government) and you get it before September 7, then you should get the rebate. Here is from the MTO's website: "Note that incentives will be provided under the previous EVIP program for EVs ordered prior to March 9, 2018, provided that the EV is delivered and the application is submitted by September 7, 2018." Even if they cancel or reduce the rebate I'm sure it would only be new orders that are affected by the change.

·
Registered
592 Posts
The dealership I'm working with is Ajax Hyundai. The good thing is that as long as you ordered the car already (I did and have the paperwork to show it to the government) and you get it before September 7, then you should get the rebate. Here is from the MTO's website: "Note that incentives will be provided under the previous EVIP program for EVs ordered prior to March 9, 2018, provided that the EV is delivered and the application is submitted by September 7, 2018." Even if they cancel or reduce the rebate I'm sure it would only be new orders that are affected by the change.
Hate to post what I read on a different forum...you might not like this...

So about that part on the Ontario EV incentive program website (http://www.mto.gov.on.ca/english/vehicl ... bate.shtml) where it says: "Note that incentives will be provided under the previous EVIP program for EVs ordered prior to March 9, 2018, provided that the EV is delivered and that the application is submitted by September 7, 2018."

Well here is the official response I got when I emailed the government about the incentives and if this date stays even if the Ontario Liberals should be defeated. TLDR: The Sept 7 deadline is not set in stone and will be a gamble either way if you would get any rebate as it can change at any time.

Official response below...
"Thank you for your email to the Honourable Kathryn McGarry, Minister of Transportation, regarding the Electric and Hydrogen Vehicle Incentive Program (EVHIP). We are pleased to reply.

Thank you for your interest in the Electric and Hydrogen Vehicles Incentive Program (EHVIP); part of Ontario's Climate Change Action Plan, which is scheduled to be complete by March 31, 2021. Ontario is supporting publicly accessible EV charging infrastructure across the province with up to $100 million over five years. EHVIP provides incentives of $6,000 to $14,000 to support the purchase or lease of eligible battery-electric and plug-in hybrid electric vehicles. In addition, the Electric Vehicle Charging Incentive Program (EVCIP) provides up to an additional $1,000 to EHVIP recipients toward the purchase and installation of fast-charging equipment for the home or workplace. Making electric vehicles more affordable to help fight climate change is part of our plan to create jobs, grow our economy and help people in their everyday lives.

The program is reviewed annually by the Minister of Transportation and subject to change at any time, without notice, by this government or any future government. Ontario is supporting publicly accessible EV charging infrastructure across the province with up to $100 million over five years.

Please note that the incentive provided for an eligible electric vehicle will be determined according to the program parameters in place on the date the vehicle is registered and plated in Ontario. As a result, we encourage you to review the program guide available online at www.ontario.ca/electricvehicles closer to your scheduled delivery date.

Thank you for your continued support.

Sincerely,

EHVIP Team"

·
Registered
16 Posts

I ordered from Pineview as well. While they don't seem to have any idea as to the status of my 2018 order, the manager has at least confirmed that, "Yes, the 2018 orders which cannot be filled will be converted to 2019's at no additional charge as per Hyundai Canada."

On paper, my order includes the EVIP as the downpayment, so I would expect that they would be highly motivated to get an answer either way (2018 or 2019), so that they can get the vehicle in ASAP. The likelihood of the incentive disappearing so quickly after an election - regardless of the outcome - is quite low, but I'm sure they wouldn't want to take that bet.

·
Registered
592 Posts
I ordered from Pineview as well. While they don't seem to have any idea as to the status of my 2018 order, the manager has at least confirmed that, "Yes, the 2018 orders which cannot be filled will be converted to 2019's at no additional charge as per Hyundai Canada."

On paper, my order includes the EVIP as the downpayment, so I would expect that they would be highly motivated to get an answer either way (2018 or 2019), so that they can get the vehicle in ASAP. The likelihood of the incentive disappearing so quickly after an election - regardless of the outcome - is quite low, but I'm sure they wouldn't want to take that bet.
Let's hope for the best case scenario which is our orders get converted to 2019 with an increase in range (maybe please!) and the EV rebates are still available. :laugh:

Would like to get more updates from Pineview even if they don't have any word, I shouldn't have to ask...

·
Registered
592 Posts

Just curious, which Ioniq Electric trim did you order and how long have you been waiting?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Just curious, which Ioniq Electric trim did you order and how long have you been waiting?
I ordered the Limited in Black just over a month ago. At time of order, they were saying it would be around 3 months to get the car, but they still don't have any information from Hyundai Canada. That seems to be what most other people here are experiencing as well ... :(

·
Registered
209 Posts
Let's hope for the best case scenario which is our orders get converted to 2019 with an increase in range (maybe please!) and the EV rebates are still available. :laugh:
That's what I'm thinking will happen. :D Thanks for sharing the info from the Ontario government in your other post by the way.

Would like to get more updates from Pineview even if they don't have any word, I shouldn't have to ask...
Agreed. I wish there was more information available and that the dealerships haven't called us before we called them.

It's strange how it's such a mystery. I just called Hyundai Canada and the person I talked to said the the 2019s are supposed to be shipping starting in July, so seems to match with what others are hearing. She also confirmed that they will be honoring the 2018 price for anyone who already has an order in and gets bumped to a 2019. But she couldn't tell me anything about the specs or what has changed from the 2018 model.

I would agree that the Ontario government most likely wouldn't get rid of the incentive immediately after the election. So even if that does happen we should be able to get our cars before they get around to making changes.

It's interesting how the dealership included the the EVIP as part of the down payment. You could be right thinking that will motivate them to get you a car as quick as possible. My dealership said that they don't do that anymore, and that most dealerships stopped, because the government was taking so long to reimburse them that they were basically in debt for quite a lot of money if they sold very many EV cars. Even just 100 cars would put a dealership $1.4 million in the hole waiting for the rebates to come in. Based on what I've read on this forum that was taking quite a few months last year.

·
Registered
592 Posts
I'm having the same experience. Maybe it's just me and how I expect customer service to be, but I'd rather get an email or call from them saying they don't have any information at this time, but they'd follow-up just because it would be better than not saying anything and leaving the customer waiting and guessing with no information. Very little information to me is better than no information relayed to the customer in this unique circumstance.

I heard a rumour that 2019 Ioniq is getting the 39.2 kWH battery from the standard Kona that is NOT making its way to North America. Europe and Korea will get both battery options for Kona Electric, and supposedly the 39.2 kWH battery is making its way into the refresh of the Ioniq in 2019. Just pure speculation though.

I'm feeling they would rather get our money for the 2018 model now, instead of more delays for 2019 model (it did say deliveries beginning in July which could turn into Aug, Sep, Oct, Nov, etc, and not being guaranteed come this Election time as well, as the EV rebate turnaround time is about 4 months last I heard.

Worse comes to worse, I'll ask for a refund and get a better model later on LOL. I think the sweet spot for EV range and price will be in 2021...but because of the rebates, I have to act on earlier because who doesn't like "free" money? If they want to give me back my money, sure why not :)

That's what I'm thinking will happen. :D Thanks for sharing the info from the Ontario government in your other post by the way.

Agreed. I wish there was more information available and that the dealerships haven't called us before we called them.

It's strange how it's such a mystery. I just called Hyundai Canada and the person I talked to said the the 2019s are supposed to be shipping starting in July, so seems to match with what others are hearing. She also confirmed that they will be honoring the 2018 price for anyone who already has an order in and gets bumped to a 2019. But she couldn't tell me anything about the specs or what has changed from the 2018 model.

I would agree that the Ontario government most likely wouldn't get rid of the incentive immediately after the election. So even if that does happen we should be able to get our cars before they get around to making changes.

It's interesting how the dealership included the the EVIP as part of the down payment. You could be right thinking that will motivate them to get you a car as quick as possible. My dealership said that they don't do that anymore, and that most dealerships stopped, because the government was taking so long to reimburse them that they were basically in debt for quite a lot of money if they sold very many EV cars. Even just 100 cars would put a dealership $1.4 million in the hole waiting for the rebates to come in. Based on what I've read on this forum that was taking quite a few months last year.

·
Registered
592 Posts
I ordered the Limited in Black just over a month ago. At time of order, they were saying it would be around 3 months to get the car, but they still don't have any information from Hyundai Canada. That seems to be what most other people here are experiencing as well ... :(
I ordered an SE CCP (mid tier model) back in Oct of 2017, the wait has been dreadful :eek: They said at that time, deliveries between Nov to Jan...look how that turned out

·
IONIQ Electric, SE (w/ CCP) 2018.
1,191 Posts
I ordered an SE CCP (mid tier model) back in Oct of 2017, the wait has been dreadful :eek: They said at that time, deliveries between Nov to Jan...look how that turned out
Order my SE CCP late last year and got it in Mid Feb. I think your dealer dropped the ball. :(

OB

Reactions: evioniq

·
Registered
209 Posts
I heard a rumour that 2019 Ioniq is getting the 39.2 kWH battery from the standard Kona that is NOT making its way to North America. Europe and Korea will get both battery options for Kona Electric, and supposedly the 39.2 kWH battery is making its way into the refresh of the Ioniq in 2019. Just pure speculation though.
Where did you here that rumour??? It would be awesome to confirm because I've been trying to guess and put things together on my own, and the conclusion that I came to is that the Ioniq 2019 is getting the same 39.2kWh battery as the base Kona. My dealership told me that it's getting a new battery but he didn't have any details, so it just makes sense to guess that the Ioniq is getting the 39.2kWh battery. If nothing else, it'll get some sort of newer/better battery with probably liquid cooling like the Kona batteries and most likely a little more range than the current Ioniq. Plus I'm sure there will be some other upgrades as well.

·
Registered
592 Posts
Where did you here that rumour??? It would be awesome to confirm because I've been trying to guess and put things together on my own, and the conclusion that I came to is that the Ioniq 2019 is getting the same 39.2kWh battery as the base Kona. My dealership told me that it's getting a new battery but he didn't have any details, so it just makes sense to guess that the Ioniq is getting the 39.2kWh battery. If nothing else, it'll get some sort of newer/better battery with probably liquid cooling like the Kona batteries and most likely a little more range than the current Ioniq. Plus I'm sure there will be some other upgrades as well.
Well I'm putting bits and pieces together that I've found online as well in Korean websites, but the one that makes the most sense to me is that the next model year Kia Soul is getting the same 39.2kWH battery pack from the Kona and will be riding on the same platform, so I'm banking on the next Ioniq Electric update to be having the same upgrade. I really think Hyundai will upgrade the battery sooner rather than later since they realize they are behind their competitors in this regard.

·
Registered
80 Posts
The delivery date of my Ioniq EV came as a surprise today when I contacted the Victoria, BC dealership to get an ETA. Having been promised an April delivery, I was disappointed to learn that the car had not left Korea. Hyundai Canada informed the dealer that cars would be delivered 4 to 6 months from the date of purchase. For me that was late February. Anyone else hear that their vehicle would be delayed and any reason given? The sales manager has promised to update me when he learns more. He seemed as baffled as I am. This of course puts a crimp into my summer driving plans. Would love to hear from others waiting on their EV's.
Hey, don't feel so bad...... I have friends waiting on the Honda Caprice Hybrid...... Same thing, they may or may not get it for 8 months. Otherwise, they say for sure the next model year!?!

Even trying to get info on our vehicles beyond the initial sales transaction is like pulling teeth. Service personnel don't seem to have been trained adequately. I get more insight here on this forum than at any dealership.

It seems manufacturers are dragging their heels on the future!
~

41 - 60 of 84 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.