Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
love the ioniq 5 but the standard boot lighting is a great disappointment as you can hardly see whats in the boot at all.. i have now upgraded this by adding the official hyundai boot light accessory which floods the boot and the area just outside it with a bright white light and as if thats not enough just changed the standard boot light bulb for a high lumen led . The first change was a dealer fit ( although Im sure you could do it yourself as the instructions can be downloaded once you have the kit ) and the second option literally took 5 minutes ....... ( the light housing comes straight out of the bulkhead if u just use a flat head screwdriver to prize it out .. unhook the wiring and pop off the cover with the screwdriver to access the bulb.. As elsewhere i used Eseastar 31mm Festoon led bulbs ( 2 for £10 from amazon). both options well worth the time and effort ( although the official accessory is reassuringly expensive )

·
Registered
19 Posts
love the ioniq 5 but the standard boot lighting is a great disappointment as you can hardly see whats in the boot at all.. i have now upgraded this by adding the official hyundai boot light accessory which floods the boot and the area just outside it with a bright white light and as if thats not enough just changed the standard boot light bulb for a high lumen led . The first change was a dealer fit ( although Im sure you could do it yourself as the instructions can be downloaded once you have the kit ) and the second option literally took 5 minutes ....... ( the light housing comes straight out of the bulkhead if u just use a flat head screwdriver to prize it out .. unhook the wiring and pop off the cover with the screwdriver to access the bulb.. As elsewhere i used Eseastar 31mm Festoon led bulbs ( 2 for £10 from amazon). both options well worth the time and effort ( although the official accessory is reassuringly expensive )
Would love to see some pictures if you have some :)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
guess you mean the upgraded light levels... two sets of pics follow ....
.First the upgraded lights themselves .........then some pictures "in the dark" to show the results. For the first pic I covered the leds in the open hatch so you can see just the upgraded standard light (which is about 10 times brighter on its own) , and the later pics show the full effect with the hatch lights uncovered.
Vehicle Car Hood Motor vehicle Automotive tire
Automotive tire Street light Sky Automotive lighting Window
Automotive lighting Hood Grille Motor vehicle Automotive design

Sky Vehicle Car Automotive lighting Hood

·
Registered
Ioniq 5 Ultimate RWD + Tech + Eco GG
205 Posts
What did the dealer charge for the kit and installation?

·
Registered
2022 Ioniq 5 SEL RWD Cyber Gray in transit
14 Posts
This has got me wondering if this kit is available in the states... and/or could be owner installed

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
the excess "rubber " is used to protect the back of the seats when in the down position as although i bought the boot liner i didn't pay for the seat protectors..

in terms of cost i think payed about £185 for the kit and about £160 to have it fitted .. but Im convinced you could do it as a diy project ( if you knew how to take the hard boot liner off the tailgate and dont mind drilling it for the lights.. the drill bit comes in the kit and the instructions have it all marked out ). as i said before the replacement led is easy

·
Registered
2022 IONIQ 5 Limited Digital Teal Green
553 Posts
This has got me wondering if this kit is available in the states... and/or could be owner installed
My dealer said accessories will be coming sometime this quarter but will be very limited compared to Korea & Europe.

You can find U.S. accessories here:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts