1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2022 Hyundai IONIQ 5, Preferred Long Range RWD, 77.4 kWH, Phantom Black
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Automotive parking light Car Automotive tail & brake light Vehicle Grille

Hood Grille Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Automotive tire

On my black I5 I found the IONIQ 5 white lettering comes at your face too much. Didn't want to plasti dip or anything and did not want yo completely hide the lettering therefore I purchased a black precut decal to put on them. I am happy with it and it comes it several different colors and finishes.

Got them from Gmarket Korea, got them less than a week. All the cost are on shipping.

TaD/Lettering/NE/Sticker

·
Registered
244 Posts
Spent decent time and waisted some materials.
It can be done. I don’t know I might need to touch up to make it perfect but it’s not bad.
I am not sure wrapping material is necessary because it’s small letters. Vinyl decal material is perfectly acceptable. Not sure it will left some residue if I put it longer time but I think it will be okay.

host image free

·
Registered
2022 Ioniq 5 Limited AWD, Lucid Blue with Gray/White Interior
151 Posts
It looks very nice!

From my experience as a former owner of car wrap business, these cut decals will not last long. They have UV protection, so no worry with sun damage. However, if the car is washed with high pressure hose (either at home or car wash), they will peel off over time, because the surface area is very small and the base material is plastic, not metal/paint.

·
Registered
2022 Hyundai IONIQ 5, Preferred Long Range RWD, 77.4 kWH, Phantom Black
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Spent decent time and waisted some materials.
It can be done. I don’t know I might need to touch up to make it perfect but it’s not bad.
I am not sure wrapping material is necessary because it’s small letters. Vinyl decal material is perfectly acceptable. Not sure it will left some residue if I put it longer time but I think it will be okay.

host image free
Did you laser cut it?

·
Registered
623 Posts
View attachment 45465
View attachment 45464

On my black I5 I found the IONIQ 5 white lettering comes at your face too much. Didn't want to plasti dip or anything and did not want yo completely hide the lettering therefore I purchased a black precut decal to put on them. I am happy with it and it comes it several different colors and finishes.

Got them from Gmarket Korea, got them less than a week. All the cost are on shipping.

TaD/Lettering/NE/Sticker
Looks good nice job

·
Registered
244 Posts
It looks very nice!

From my experience as a former owner of car wrap business, these cut decals will not last long. They have UV protection, so no worry with sun damage. However, if the car is washed with high pressure hose (either at home or car wash), they will peel off over time, because the surface area is very small and the base material is plastic, not metal/paint.
It’s true. The letter is smaller than I thought and decal vinyl material might not stick well because back area of ioniq5 is the most dirty area.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts