Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner
  • US ICCU Recall (aka 12V battery failure issue). Please use the following thread, this pertains to all eGMP models. Please do not create duplicate threads on this topic. Thread

Dealer says my ordered 2022 will be a 2023. Is there much of a difference?

4K views 22 replies 12 participants last post by  SwedishIoniq5 
#1 ·
We are in the USA (Midwest) and have been waiting for our car RWD Limited trim package in Lucid Blue, for a few months now. Today the dealer informed us that delivery will be late summer or early fall, however it will definitely be a 2023 model. I've Googled the 2023 model but can't find much information. Not even colors. If anyone has a link to decent information about the '23 car I'd appreciate it. Thanks in advance.

#18 ·
Note the NA launch of the vehicle was later than UK. We have the larger battery mentioned as standard for the long range version and battery preconditioning capability included.

#3 · (Edited)
Thanks, that link included in the article is just what I was looking for (this one). I too was getting a ton of Google hits but they all pretty much said nothing of substance - and were from early in the year and clickbait. Worthless as far as concrete info. Thanks for the reply. That was super helpful to get that one link.

EDIT: I just noticed that is a UK link and not USA (the link included in that original article). But maybe it's similar to what will ship here. But you never know for sure.

#19 ·
Looks like I missed the 4th image. Yes, it does appear that Limited would get the feature.
I wonder what would take to get that upgrade for 2022 Limited (or any model) or even if it is possible.
Nothing is impossible but it will cost at least 3k in my opinion.
Probably need new spoiler (with camera), new rearview mirror and new wirings.
It’s possible but it might be too expensive.

#5 ·
I don’t have exact spec but battery preconditioning, rearview mirror (digital) and NFC keyless will be the key thing. Possibly price increase will be expected. It’s not confirmed yet but rumor was 3% or 5%. My dealer told me I should not trust any of these rumors though. Limited RWD is incredibly rare nowadays. 2023 delivery date might be around oct/Nov in my opinion unless your dealer will be lucky to get Limited RWD in two-three months. Honestly I am not sure Dealers receive random cars or specific cars which they requested.

#6 ·
Limited RWD is incredibly rare nowadays. 2023 delivery date might be around oct/Nov in my opinion unless your dealer will be lucky to get Limited RWD in two-three months. Honestly I am not sure Dealers receive random cars or specific cars which they requested.
I was thinking that could be true. I might call him back in the morning and tell him AWD is okay. I don't mind waiting but I don't want to wait forever for the car.

#7 ·
I heard Hyundai will formally announce 2023 lineup on June 30th. Hopefully will get confirmation of things and pricing on that date--and see what the Ioniq 6 looks like.

Reactions: Skyhawk828
#9 ·
Note that the article posted refers to the UK version, and there are slight differences (such as battery size for MY2022). The reddit post below is from Shawn Feeney at Fred Beans Hyundai (a very high volume dealership in NJ who's sold a lot of i5s to internet folks. His images are sideways, but someone straightened them and linked in the comments. You can see the differences in a slightly different shade.

We can't consider anything official until Hyundai announces it publicly, but this seems like as close as we'll get to official until then.

#21 ·
Hopefully, very soon, we will have an official (public) verification of what exactly will be available and when. The dealer was 100% convinced that our car would not be the 2022 we ordered but rather be a 2023, and we would have it "late summer or early fall." If that is the case, then hopefully we will definitively know the specs for the various USA trim configurations in July.

#22 ·
Probably your dealer might have decent list of limited trim buyers and do not get many Ioniq5.
Even my dealers get decent Ioniq5 but limited trim is harder to get and looks like having decent waiting lists for limited trim. I was lucky that there will be good numbers of SEL AWD on July delivery and he could get me 2022 model with the digital teal color/green interior which I ordered for 2023 model.

#23 ·
My 2022 AWD was cancelled and replaced by a 2023.

here are the differences on my car, AWD advanced (top spec in Sweden) with vision roof and all extras (mats, winter tires, coat hanger etc)

price: increased from 625k to 675k SEK(8%), at the same time the gov green tax reduction is lowered by 20k SEK so a total price increase of 11,2%.

battery: 5kWh extra

Possibility to order rear view camera mirrors

The extra sensors included in my 2022 for HDA2.0 is now an optional extra for 10k (included in price above)

New dampers

and probably some extra stuff.

I’m in love with my RWD, and as I’m also driving the company AWD now and then, the extra 50kkr is not worth it IMHO.

I will also never use that extra 5kWh battery, I never drive below 5%, especially on longer drives, and this 5kWh will not change anything regarding how I plan my routes on longer drives.

But I’m one of the lucky ones that managed to get a really well priced car here in Sweden. The new prices are more similar to the competition, and are closing in on TMY which I think will be coming with an SR+ for 699k (to come under tax bracket) her in Sweden soon.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.