Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Super Moderator
8,252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am curious how good the information given to customers about the Ioniq's differences at hand over is

considering the EV and hybrid at very different to "normal" cars was any information given about the differences?

was there any information you later found out that would have been nice to know or be shown at hand over?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Hi Bluecar Think I new more about it then them. Waiting for matts to come they said they would spend time then going through things when I pick up matts. Won't hold my breath

·
Registered
251 Posts
Steve,

I agree that many Ioniq buyers, and certainly the majority of the ones on this forum, probably know more about the cars than the dealer reps that hand them over.

Not that it's especially relevant, but when I test-drove a Chevrolet Volt last year, the salesman insisted it had an electric-only range of 250 miles! The true number, of course, is 53 miles. But he wouldn't listen to me. And yesterday, following the news that U.S. Ioniq sales are slated to begin this week, I stopped at the only Hyundai dealer in my area to see if they had any more information. The salesman I talked to hadn't even heard of the Ioniq.

Anyway, thanks to bluecar1, the Ioniq EV and Hybrid Owner's Manuals are on this forum (link below). I've already read the Hybrid one cover-to-cover even though I have yet to see the car, and I'll go through it again before I test-drive one (whenever that might be!).

In the meantime, when in doubt, RTFM!

http://www.ioniqforum.com/forum/7-hyundai-ioniq-general-discussion/1498-owners-manuals-online.html

·
Registered
34 Posts
Hi Sundayt. Yeh you would think they would be clued up on them. At my dealers there was one salesman who had been on a one day course to learn about the new car. And Sod's law he was of the day I picked mine up. Any how good luck to you hope you get a good deal

·
Registered
260 Posts
It's good to see the salesmen are earning their commissions and the dealers are worth their big markups by providing invaluable service to their customers, as usual. /sarc

·
Registered
251 Posts
I have an appointment with a supposedly knowledgeable Ioniq guy in Tucson tomorrow, so we'll see how that goes. Here's hoping...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts