Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I received an email from my local dealer to say they are completely shutting the premises until the corona virus has gone.
Whilst appreciating the need to protect staff this seems an excessive reaction and could leave owners without car use in the event of a problem. I'm thinking, in part, of the amount of recent posts with cars displaying warning messages advising not to drive or contact dealer. This closure action could prove serious for people like my grand-daughter who as an NHS nurse relies on her i10 for the 25 mile journey to work and home at often unsociable hours.
The same company owns all four dealers in the area so there is not even any alternative for any warranty issues. I presume Hyundai will honour warranties when servicing is not carried out within the correct time frame and like me you have pre-paid for a service contract.
Any other readers experiencing this dealer action?

·
Registered
481 Posts
Seems to just be the opposite here in central USA where my local dealer if offering free delivery within 300 miles of a new or used car and free pickup and delivery within 50 miles for any service. Just received this notice in my email last weekend.

·
Registered
Iconiq plug in. 2019
17 Posts
At the end of the day it’s just a car, people are way more important to protect, in this
NATIONAL EMERGENCY,
There are plenty of garages open for mechanical work if needed on the I10 so if necessary get it repaired and give invoice to Hyundai if it’s a warranty claim,

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ayesha pass:

I totally agree it's a national emergency but the government have allowed garage workshops to remain open as they are considered an essential service.
Since posting I have received, like possibly many on here, an email from Hyundai UK stating some dealers will remain open to provide limited service. For advice you can contact Hyundai customer service but they have reduced operating hours like most.
Yes, there are independent workshops open but for Hyundai pattern parts are not plentiful and where will they get genuine parts if the dealers are closed.
Yes, it's only a car but a necessity for nurses like my grand-daughter. I hope you never need her services but many others do right now.

·
Registered
Iconiq plug in. 2019
17 Posts
Decro
Likewise I’m a key worker, being a teacher looking after children from Doctors/nurses and other important professionals needed in this emergency,
Thank your grand daughter from me for all her work she and her colleagues are doing on our behalf, it’s much appreciated,
But my point is it’s only a car, there are many more ways to travel to work if necessary,
Several teachers from schools in our area are car sharing with suitable masks and gloves keeping social distances at all times so not reliant on one vehicle, I am also on the list for minibus drivers to carry essential key workers to there place of work when I’m not looking after the children,
The I10 is a conventional ICE car and any competent garage could effect repairs if needed to keep her on the road, Plus I’m absolutely sure a loan car would be provided if the repairs weren’t possible in a timely manner.

·
Super Moderator
7,951 Posts
i recieved an update from my dealer which is similar, but with an email address to contact if urgent / key worker

also from Hyundai UK i got this in an email if your dealer is totally shut

Key workers

As mentioned above, some of our dealerships will keep open their service centres to ensure the ongoing service, repair and MOT of emergency and essential service vehicles and the vehicles of key workers.

If your local dealer is not offering service facilities, please contact Hyundai Customer Service.

Customer Service

In the event that you might wish to speak to a member of our customer service team, please be aware that the operating hours have been reduced to maximize the level of service. The core business hours at present are: Monday – Friday 0900 – 1700. Our Customer Service team can be contacted on the following number: 0800 981 981

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
How can you keep a 2 metre social distance when car sharing or do you use a stretch limo?
The effectiveness of masks available to the public has been widely questioned.
I've been told by my local postman that Royal Mail have taken expert medical advice and there can be only one person in a vehicle so they are having to divide two man delivery rounds.

·
Registered
Iconiq plug in. 2019
17 Posts
I really do not understand your problem Decro ? But for the benefit of clarity one uses a VW sharan people carrier and the other has a Land Rover Discovery, both vehicles can carry three people with the prescribed separation, Your sarcasm doesn’t do you credit on a forum that is here to help IMO.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts