Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I sat in my car for about an hour while my car was charging at a Level 2. No accessories were on and the 'ignition' was off. I rolled up my windows when I decided to take a walk and the windows went up very slowly. When I tried to power on the car, it said the key fob wasn't detected and alerted me to check the breaks. I know this behavior isn't anything new, but I wanted to point out that my brake fluid was dripping out of its container while being jump started. I thought this was really odd and worth sharing. I'm praying that the battery and the dripping brake fluid is a one-time occurrence.

·
Super Moderator
2,128 Posts
I should get that checked immediately . Dripping brake fluid is definitely not normal

·
Registered
391 Posts
if brake fluid is leaking it should be taken to the dealer immediately And not driven. Call roadside assistance. If from the white-ish container with a cap it’s either a seal, cap or cracked container. It could be the master cylinder below it as well. It should still be under the 3 year warranty I assume. For the 12V battery it is odd that the key fob was not detected, and the car was Off and you could roll up the windows. You can only power the windows if the Fob is detected and the car is powered On. Make sure the small battery in the fob is good and that the setting is proper to charge the 12V battery at any time
“aux battery saver On”. If not “On“ your 12V battery only charges while driving and can be depleted while using accessories.

I had a dead 12V after charging by not having the doors locked by the fob. Be sure to lock it while charging and monitor by Blue Link on your phone.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Hi the battery sometimes goes flat due to the car not shutting down.I had the emergency call system operate,next day 12v battery was flat.Had to remove 12v battery lead to reset car. Sometimes car look like it's shut down but computer still running. I now have DC clamp meter to measure battery drain. Break fluid problem call break down people.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts