Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
I‘ve seen various posts on the lack of DashCams installed as standard, or even as a pack:(, but none that I could see about having them installed - apologies if I’ve missed them.
Has anyone had them installed by the Dealer? If so what make and are they Front only or Front and Rear? I’m completely new to the whole DashCam thing, are there any things I should be aware of? I should warn you that I may have some pretty fundamental follow up questions :rolleyes:.
Thanks in advance

·
Registered
46 Posts
Hi
I‘ve seen various posts on the lack of DashCams installed as standard, or even as a pack:(, but none that I could see about having them installed - apologies if I’ve missed them.
Has anyone had them installed by the Dealer? If so what make and are they Front only or Front and Rear? I’m completely new to the whole DashCam thing, are there any things I should be aware of? I should warn you that I may have some pretty fundamental follow up questions :rolleyes:.
Thanks in advance
relativity straight forward task. easy to install the front although I would probably pass on the back since you have no wiper and thus would make the camera useless in the rain.
All you need is a hard wire kit, easy to thread round the trim and a Micro type 2 piggy back fuse. Loads of vids online for fitting them for lots of cars and save u a fortune.
There is a spare 15amp socket in ur fuse box ready to go and its linked to the ignition.
Never ask the dealer to fit it.

·
Registered
43 Posts
This is something u can do yourself 😉. No need to ask someone to do something you are capable of doing.
I have previously installed a dashcam on my wife old car (hard wired) do you have any pictures or a link for the install for the Ioniq 5 and the location/or number of the spare fuse socket (ignition active). Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
Project 45 - Gravity Gold
206 Posts
This is something u can do yourself 😉. No need to ask someone to do something you are capable of doing.
Be great if you could put up some shots of how you removed the A-Pillar trim as I cant see how its held in place

·
Registered
46 Posts
I mounted mine just under the rear view mirror and took the wire just inside the rear view mirror trim to the top of the windscreen then right to the pillar, down the pillar and straight into the fuse box. There is a bolt under the trim at the side of dash (simple to remove with a trim removal tool or a firm plastic wedge). Remove and place an earth cable underneath and retighten. Then easy access to the fuses. You really cant go wrong. When you look at the fuse panel there is a fuse called 'Spare'. Check manual if in doubt, that's what I did. And if you have no spare fuses you can take the fuse out of spare and use it to piggy back with the usb fuse, both 15amp. Thats all there is to it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts