Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinking about grabbing the Viofo A129 DUO for a cheap and cheerful solution to my dash cam fever. Has anyone else installed one in their Hybrid?
Just trying to avoid any pitfalls before pulling the trigger on this. I'll probably get a hardwire bundle kit (the one with the amps etc) and install it myself. The price people are charging in my region is €150+. Which is insane

SO! Do I need to mess around with getting the external batteries etc or will it work straight away? What cams are you all using with yours. I want a front and back with a parking sensor mainly

Thanks

·
Registered
60 Posts
I use a A129 but without a back camera. The issue with my hardwire kit is that I get a electrical hissing sound in the audio recording, but it is not relevant for the camera purpose. I've got it connected by the dealership during a normal service schedule at no extra cost (10 minutes the most for the front camera). The rear one needs dismounting things and will mean time (max 1 hour for the one that does it, if he knows that he is doing).

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
I am getting a service on Wednesday, have it booked in at a quiet time. Might ask the guy if he would do it, if not it's time for another research montage. I'm just worried that it would kill the battery when the engine is off for long periods of time and other silly stuff.

Would be nice knowing what fuses people used too, I say a video that mentioned to use the secondary ignition but my trim doesn't have anything like that, it's the base UK model

·
Registered
525 Posts
My cheap Amazon set ,about £30, front camera small enough to fit ibetween mirror and windshield, tiny rear camera stuck onto top of sloping rear window. Even came with tool to lift door seals to facilitate slipping in cables , self adhesive cable clips( holding wires under dash), and mini cable ties used for securing rear cable to hatchback hinge. There is a hole in the front of the headlining above the mirror making hiding in that area the two cables to the cameras.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts