Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have ordered a New Ionic hybrid premium SE for delivery in March, but have been informed by the dealer in Leeds Uk and Hyundai UK that if I want my leather interior in one of the two other options other than dark grey, then the waiting time is between 6 and 12 months.
They don’t tell you that the fancy advertisements and brochures.

Anyone else had this experience?

·
Registered
52 Posts
And why would they? The whole point of advertising is to get you in the showroom for a test drive, when you fall in love with their shiny new car being told you need to wait in line for such a major spec change is of little consequence because they have a perfectly valid alternative, and if you insist on waiting they will happily carry on selling every 'standard' car they can get in the meantime.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
And why would they? The whole point of advertising is to get you in the showroom for a test drive, when you fall in love with their shiny new car being told you need to wait in line for such a major spec change is of little consequence because they have a perfectly valid alternative, and if you insist on waiting they will happily carry on selling every 'standard' car they can get in the meantime.
Absolutely but it just spoils the whole experience of buying a new car for me.

·
Registered
495 Posts
I have owned three high performance cars with leather seats, one white in a used convertible back in the 70s ,the other dark brown in the eighties ( and I paid extra for that option, more fool me)and now black in an 06 ( leather or nothing else) They have all been squirmy to sit in when utilising the performance, hot in summer,cold in winter, hence I bought the middle spec Ioniq with its fabric seats.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have owned three high performance cars with leather seats, one white in a used convertible back in the 70s ,the other dark brown in the eighties ( and I paid extra for that option, more fool me)and now black in an 06 ( leather or nothing else) They have all been squirmy to sit in when utilising the performance, hot in summer,cold in winter, hence I bought the middle spec Ioniq with its fabric seats.
Thanks for that, yes I like the leather as it’s easier to clean after my grand children have been in the back and the SE Premium now comes with heated and ventilated seats so win win.
Just a shame that if you want anything other than dark grey then its 6-12 months wait, so they tend not to mention about the other colour options in the showroom.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts