Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner
121 - 140 of 165 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Much like others on this thread, I have not received any emails from Hyundai since the order confirmation in July 2021. I have been in contact with my dealer and was initially told that I was 110 in Ontario. I have a Ultimate Phantom Black two tone grey on order. I was initally given a Mar 2022 scheduled build date from the dealer. That passed and was told a May 2022 build date. Have requested an update from the dealer for this month, but have not yet heard. Fingers crossed that it's making its way into Ontario from BC

·
Registered
23 Posts
Did you know that your car was on the way or did it just arrive at the dealer? I don't even have a VIN# yet.
I've been getting monthly emails, generally pushing out the build date. In April (last month) my email said 'shipped' and had the VIN for the first time. I was expecting a June dealership visit, but I guess the actual shipping and internal Canadian transportation was much faster than the tracking spreadsheet would suggest is normal.

·
Registered
49 Posts
As I noted earlier, the spreadsheet shows my car as being shipped. I asked my Dealer about the status and they got back to me
that it is expected anytime. I suppose that means that is on route by train or truck from BC to Ontario. Did they just look at the spreadsheet?
It is hard to believe that Hyundai Canada has such a loose tracking system that they can't tell me a few more details.
Still no VIN# either.

·
Registered
23 Posts
As I noted earlier, the spreadsheet shows my car as being shipped. I asked my Dealer about the status and they got back to me
that it is expected anytime. I suppose that means that is on route by train or truck from BC to Ontario. Did they just look at the spreadsheet?
It is hard to believe that Hyundai Canada has such a loose tracking system that they can't tell me a few more details.
Still no VIN# either.
That spreadsheet is cloud-sourced data, i.e. if every one plays fair, it should be what WE saw in our own emails. My assumption was (and I'm sure others too) that you had put those details in yourself!

Three things here:
1. Any info on your car in this spreadsheet can't be trusted if you didn't enter it. Also, keep in mind that you are taking the word of others that their car details are updated correctly.
2. The dealer should be able to have better insights with the systems available to them. YMMV, but take their word for it.
3. Based on your order date and other order dates in the sheet, I'd speculate that it does seem like it's gotta be immanent, or something has gone horribly wrong.

Here's the thread about how the spreadsheet was created and how it works:

·
Registered
11 Posts
Everyone here has been given different "facts" on the 2023 ordering process from their dealerships. The fact is that the nobody can even offer reliable information for the 2022 orders that are currently in the queue. My order update changes every month and there doesn't seem to be a rhyme or reason to it.

For 2023 orders, the most recent information I've heard from my dealer is that there are enough people in the 2023 pre-order line now that by the time the official ordering opens up with Hyundai Canada, additional orders will have to be be pushed to 2024. Who knows if that is reality or what may change with production in that time period. But... If you're thinking about the I5 and you can afford to put down a (refundable) $500 deposit... do it soon!
I was talking to my dealership in Ontario and they told me they don’t know their allotment yet B t normally it’s at least what they sold last model year plus a few more.
At this particular dealership I am 18 in line to put my order in when the portal opens. They didn’t give me a date for that but from what I have been reading it will be in July and that’s when the office order will be placed. Pen to paper.
he also said that some people who have put deposits down don’t take them when it come down to it so that can bump you up the ordering list too.
good luck

·
Registered
27 Posts
That spreadsheet is cloud-sourced data, i.e. if every one plays fair, it should be what WE saw in our own emails. My assumption was (and I'm sure others too) that you had put those details in yourself!

Three things here:
1. Any info on your car in this spreadsheet can't be trusted if you didn't enter it. Also, keep in mind that you are taking the word of others that their car details are updated correctly.
2. The dealer should be able to have better insights with the systems available to them. YMMV, but take their word for it.
3. Based on your order date and other order dates in the sheet, I'd speculate that it does seem like it's gotta be immanent, or something has gone horribly wrong.

Here's the thread about how the spreadsheet was created and how it works:
When my vehicle was in transit to the dealership, I got a VIN in an email from Hyundai Canada and my dealership followed up shortly after with a rough delivery timeline.

·
Registered
101 Posts
My car was supposed to be built last month and my dealership told me that it's scheduled for an early-June arrival.

I'm still waiting on the email from Hyundai with the VIN. Today maybe?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Which province you're in ?
They can't be sold out for the vehicle that's not even built. That particular dealer might be full on their quota (which I don't think is the case because hyundai dealer in canada do not have quota, i asked my dealer), or your dealer is trying to create demand so you'd put in your deposit.
Ask around other dealership, this sounds like a made up things from your dealer.
I just talked to my Canadian dealership and they said they do get so many vehicles allocated to each dealership. He said normally they get the same amount they sold the previous year model plus a few more.
im hopeful they are right. I’m 18 on their pre order list so when the ordering portal opens up for the 2023 I should be good. Plus. They did say some people put deposits down but then cancel their order for whatever reason.

·
Registered
101 Posts
I'm starting to get somewhat frustrated with Hyundai's communication. It's the 16th and no email as yet. My car is due in less than three weeks now and it would be great to get some sort of confirmation that it was built as scheduled at least.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I share your frustration. The answer I received from my Dealer last week was that it should arrive anytime, meaning they don't know. There are huge communication gaps between the parent company in South Korea, Hyundai Canada and the Dealers. It is difficult to understand when we are in an era of instant communication.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Quick update from me: I don't have the typical "monthly update" but I contacted my salesperson last week to ask if the vehicle was built, he was able to give me a VIN# and the update that the car was set to arrive "any day".

Today I got a call that my car was here, but there was a STOP sale safety recall on the vehicle (the one that's been discussed here at length already) and they can't sell it to me until it's fixed.

Sad days.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Quick update from me: I don't have the typical "monthly update" but I contacted my salesperson last week to ask if the vehicle was built, he was able to give me a VIN# and the update that the car was set to arrive "any day".

Today I got a call that my car was here, but there was a STOP sale safety recall on the vehicle (the one that's been discussed here at length already) and they can't sell it to me until it's fixed.

Sad days.
So close and yet so far...

·
Registered
101 Posts
Now I'm pissed off. WTF Hyundai?????

Edit: I fired off an email just now to vent a little about their "communication".

I don't expect anything to change but it felt good to let them know that they are potentially alienating new customers.

·
Registered
101 Posts
I don’t mind the lack of update so far this month. It’s not going to make the car arrive any sooner.
My problem is that my build has been pushed back four times already. I received an email in February stating that my "latest build" would take place in April and another in April saying it was still scheduled as such. No VIN.

My dealership thinks I'm getting the car in early June, however there has been no confirmation as yet that my build even happened last month.

Summer holidays are fast approaching and with gas prices being what they are, I was hoping to know what was going on sooner than later so I can decide to go with another manufacturer or not.

121 - 140 of 165 Posts