Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner
101 - 120 of 165 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
I put my order in January 2022 was told, March, than October, than December. Now was told not till mid 2023! So disappointing, I also ordered LR AWD with Ultimate package. Called the dealer in WR and he said it would be a 2023 model. Good luck.
Did the dealership told you that you'll have a Ultimate spec by March when you ordered in January of the same year? I ordered mine in November of 2021 and the print out of the pre-order said 7/2022.

·
Registered
2022 AWD Ultimate Johnny 5
354 Posts
Did the dealership told you that you'll have a Ultimate spec by March when you ordered in January of the same year? I ordered mine in November of 2021 and the print out of the pre-order said 7/2022.
I agree, Ljolly's dealer was a little overly optimistic on his delivery predictions. I had an ultimate order in early November 2021 with an actual Hyundai estimate for production initially in June then, August and finally 1st quarter of 2023.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I agree, Ljolly's dealer was a little overly optimistic on his delivery predictions. I had an ultimate order in early November 2021 with an actual Hyundai estimate for production initially in June then, August and finally 1st quarter of 2023.
Yes dealer said March. I just checked my latest email from Hyundai and said mine won’t be ready till the second half of 2023.

·
Registered
101 Posts
A few weeks ago, I received an email from Hyundai Canada stating that my build was still on track for April.

A few days ago, I decided to call the local dealership and advise them of my recent phone number change since I was anticipating a June delivery now.

My sales rep surprised me, telling me that he was about to contact me because my car is due in next week!

I never received any email from Hyundai with this news but wow!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Has anyone investigated the level 2 hard wired home chargers available in Canada?
I should start looking for one to buy and an electrician to install. All trades seem to be overbooked
lately so I need to schedule someone shortly.
you should watch state of charge on YouTube. They say a 40 amp that’s plugged into a dryer socket is more than enough to charge it overnight. Less expensive for purchase and install

·
Registered
2022 AWD Ultimate Johnny 5
354 Posts
Final Update:
Took delivery today. No hickups at the time of pickup. Over the moon with the vehicle. Left our Leaf behind and have pretty much forgotten about it. Thanks all for your input!
View attachment 41963
Looks awesome, congratulations!! Incidentally I am more jealous about the green grass, still snow on the ground here in Manitoba, can't keep my Ioniq clean,ugh. :)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hello, as anyone figured the exact reason why the Ultimate LR AWD is so far behind the other trims. It ought to be about a single component shortage... but which component?? Seems not related to batteries (Long Range) nor the AWD option.. My order was placed back in October and had I pick any other trim I'd be driving it by now !! Ultimate LR-AWD was supposedly a sound strategy, thinking the more profitable model for Hyundai would ship first... but something happened that is proving me wrong... Along the same line, is it a similar scenario in other countries..? or is it only a canadian market reality, which could then be related to the MSRP pricing vs the government incentives ?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hello, as anyone figured the exact reason why the Ultimate LR AWD is so far behind the other trims. It ought to be about a single component shortage... but which component?? Seems not related to batteries (Long Range) nor the AWD option.. My order was placed back in October and had I pick any other trim I'd be driving it by now !! Ultimate LR-AWD was supposedly a sound strategy, thinking the more profitable model for Hyundai would ship first... but something happened that is proving me wrong... Along the same line, is it a similar scenario in other countries..? or is it only a canadian market reality, which could then be related to the MSRP pricing vs the government incentives ?
Most probably chip shortage. They can build two RWD instead of one AWD. If you look at the spreadsheet, even the Preferred LR AWD is behind

·
Registered
13 Posts
When I ordered mine in January, they told me those ones will be built last, so I knew that, my ETA is not till mid 2023, and I will be getting a 2023 model

·
Registered
23 Posts
I looked at the order spreadsheet and see where my car has supposedly been built and says it is shipped.
Well, I ordered in the first week of August 2021, got an email from my dealer today that the car was there. Took a drive and matched my VIN to one of two HI5's on the lot. I'm also in ON so your car must be around somewhere!

·
Registered
11 Posts
That’s more than I heard. I’ve been told, as recently as last week, that there is no updated information on build/delivery (Waterloo dealer). That was via email last week. I put my deposit down for the wait list a month ago.
I was just talking to the dealer last night. They still don’t have the new price or specs.
The official orders are not open yet,we are onthe dealers list though.
I guess it will depend how many vehicles they are allotted for 2023MY if I get one. I am a decent number on the list for when the orders get submitted.
I was also surprised to find out people in the pre order lines back out when it comes time to put pen to paper If the ones in the line up for a spot cancel you get bumped up the list to order.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I was just talking to the dealer last night. They still don’t have the new price or specs.
The official orders are not open yet,we are onthe dealers list though.
I guess it will depend how many vehicles they are allotted for 2023MY if I get one. I am a decent number on the list for when the orders get submitted.
I was also surprised to find out people in the pre order lines back out when it comes time to put pen to paper If the ones in the line up for a spot cancel you get bumped up the list to order.
I got my first email from the dealership yesterday since putting my deposit down in March. I received the same info, orders aren’t open yet, no updates on prices or specs. Hopefully more information will be coming soon. I’m glad I have a car in the meantime 😅

·
Registered
11 Posts
I got my first email from the dealership yesterday since putting my deposit down in March. I received the same info, orders aren’t open yet, no updates on prices or specs. Hopefully more information will be coming soon. I’m glad I have a car in the meantime 😅
Yes. Me too. We have one car now because I traded in our other vehicle already to get more cash but I wasn’t expecting a year or so wait. Oh well, we commute to work anyways. I do miss the freedom of two vehicles though

101 - 120 of 165 Posts