Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner
81 - 100 of 165 Posts

·
Registered
2022 AWD Ultimate Johnny 5
354 Posts
You're lucky! How do cancellations work? If somebody backs out of deal, is it the next person in line at that dealership/city/province, that gets the option? I have a Digital Teal Unlimited on order. I am priority 564 with a build date of 10/22.
My cancellation I5 came from another dealer in Winnipeg. From what I understand Hyundai finds the next buyer and its possible it can be reassigned to another purchaser in another province but in all likely hood it may give geographic consideration to limit shipping expenditures. That said my dealer indicated that if there is a shipping loss its a burden placed on the original ordering dealer. He also reiterated that if a deal falls through the ordering dealer can't just place the vehicle into their general inventory without incurring a $5000 penalty.

Also another fun fact, the current $500 loyalty and military rebates are not fully rebated by Hyundai, the dealer takes $150 of the burden.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Anyone having issues taking delivery with financed cars? Our Digital Teal arrived at our local dealership on April 12th and we haven't been able to pick it up. Delivery was supposed to be Monday April 18th. Dealership is claiming there is "a problem with Hyundai Canada's connection to the financial institutions providing financing for Ioniq 5s"

So here we are, almost a week later and yet to take delivery. I can see it parked out front with the sold sign on it, I have it insured, and yet because of a computer error, I can't pick it up. Anyone else experiencing the same thing? According to the dealer, it is a nationwide problem.

·
Registered
2022 Ioniq 5 Preferred (mid trim) Long Range RWD, winter tires
244 Posts
I also put my order and deposit in Jan 22, and just got an email from Hyundai saying my car won’t be built till mid 2023, originally it was March than December and now mid 2023. I called my sales guy to make sure my ultimate LR will be a 2023, and he said yes.
You may be surprised. Many customers have put multiple orders in on EV cars. Chances are many will back out and deliveries will move up. Time will tell.

Reactions: Ljolly

·
Registered
354 Posts
Anyone having issues taking delivery with financed cars? Our Digital Teal arrived at our local dealership on April 12th and we haven't been able to pick it up. Delivery was supposed to be Monday April 18th. Dealership is claiming there is "a problem with Hyundai Canada's connection to the financial institutions providing financing for Ioniq 5s"

So here we are, almost a week later and yet to take delivery. I can see it parked out front with the sold sign on it, I have it insured, and yet because of a computer error, I can't pick it up. Anyone else experiencing the same thing? According to the dealer, it is a nationwide problem.
Interesting, I'm supposed to take delivery of my digital teal tomorrow afternoon. My dealer's finance manager has not flagged a problem. I have my whole day planned around the pickup, that would be disappointing if its a no go. I'll report back tomorrow.

·
Registered
2022 Ioniq 5 CG LR RWD
51 Posts

There is no problem with HMF, they did my application on Friday while I was there and got everything approved and set up with in half hour.

Finance girl at rhe dealership called the HMF and they put a rush on it and got it done while I signed my papers, so if your dealer is saying that there is a problem with Hyundai Motor Finance, that is not true.

·
Registered
7 Posts
There is no problem with HMF, they did my application on Friday while I was there and got everything approved and set up with in half hour.

Finance girl at rhe dealership called the HMF and they put a rush on it and got it done while I signed my papers, so if your dealer is saying that there is a problem with Hyundai Motor Finance, that is not true.
Hmmm, this is troubling. If upa's delivery also goes off as planned, I will be having a stern talk with the dealership to cut the crap.

·
Registered
2022 Ioniq 5 CG LR RWD
51 Posts
Hmmm, this is troubling. If upa's delivery also goes off as planned, I will be having a stern talk with the dealership to cut the crap.
I would just tell him that you'll get your own financing, last thing they want is for you to arrange your own financing. Dealers make money on financing your car.
Just send them an email asking for the total price for financing and tell them that if its taking too long with hyundai you can arrange on your own finacing, I bet they'll be quick on putting rush on their end.

An FYI, even if they can't hear back from hyundai, they should be able to give you conditional sale contract until they get it sorted out on their end, they did this last year when I took delivery of my Kona on Saturday, they gave me conditional bill of sale and I took delivery pending on final contract from bank, but for this you do need a pre-approval.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Took delivery of my I5 today. No issues with the financing. My finance manager did mention that the bank credit app does not have the Ioniq in its data base yet but there is no problem overriding that omission.

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Automotive tire

·
Registered
2022 Ioniq 5 Preferred (mid trim) Long Range RWD, winter tires
244 Posts
Took delivery of my I5 today. No issues with the financing. My finance manager did mention that the bank credit app does not have the Ioniq in its data base yet but there is no problem overriding that omission.

View attachment 41838
Congrats. Beautiful.

Reactions: Ljolly

·
Registered
67 Posts
Taking delivery tomorrow of mine. No issues with financing here.

Have had other issues with the dealership, seemingly endless issues.... but financing was approved quickly.

I do think that dealers have sold most of the demos and so kinda want the sold cars to hang out front for a bit to try and hook sales. Would really start pressuring them to get this sorted for you.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I'm really liking the digital teal more as I see the picture you posted. I'll have to wait until I get word
that mine was actually built this month as they informed me and when it is delivered.
It does seem that more are being delivered now, so I'm more optomistic.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Update: Told dealership others are receiving their Ioniqs little to no financing issues. I am requesting some sort of work around. Finance manager claims that issue is only on LR AWD Ultimates. Based on upa's car colour, it looks like their dealership had no issue with a LR AWD. Dealership manager is getting involved.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Update: Told dealership others are receiving their Ioniqs with few issues. I am requesting some sort of work around. Finance manager claims that issue is only on LR AWD Ultimates. Based on upa's car colour, it looks like their dealership had no issue with a LR AWD. Dealership manager is getting involved.
Could you share what kind of issues are being reported by Ultimate owners, please?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Anyone from BC?
I put down my deposit on February 21st, 2022 at Hyundai Langley (near Vancouver) and never heard from the dealership or the salesperson with any updates at all since....
I put my order in January 2022 was told, March, than October, than December. Now was told not till mid 2023! So disappointing, I also ordered LR AWD with Ultimate package. Called the dealer in WR and he said it would be a 2023 model. Good luck.

81 - 100 of 165 Posts