Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner
1 - 20 of 165 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So as I write this I'm pondering to either put the deposit down or to wait and see what else comes out in electric SUV's. I've been hearing a lot of different stories on delivery and orders no longer being accepted.

Does anyone really know what's happening? I'd love to hear from the full 100% truth.

If you have order one recently I'd like to know what number you were given or where you are in the line.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I went to the dealership to put a deposit on an Ioniq 5 on Feb 15, 2022. I was told that I've missed the cut off to order a 2022 Ioniq 5. 2022 orders was closed in Jan of 2022.

I'm currently on a waitlist for a 2023 model but the pre-orders aren't open yet. Basically I'm not officially on Hyundai Canada system. The sales person said the 2023 pre-order likely won't re-open until April but that's just a speculation.

Was also told I likely won't take delivery for 10-12 months.

·
Registered
4 Posts
So as I write this I'm pondering to either put the deposit down or to wait and see what else comes out in electric SUV's. I've been hearing a lot of different stories on delivery and orders no longer being accepted.

Does anyone really know what's happening? I'd love to hear from the full 100% truth.

If you have order one recently I'd like to know what number you were given or where you are in the line.
I put a deposit down a few weeks ago(Feb 25) for a 2023, still no news for me, but they initially said anywhere from 6-12 months wait depending if people cancel or not.
If you’re interested, I’d probably put a deposit down because you’ll have time to make a decision and this will at least get your name on the list.

they didn’t seem very knowledgeable on the vehicle but I’m still hopeful. From what I readin other threads, it’s a long wait but didn’t see much on Canadian orders.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I went to the dealership to put a deposit on an Ioniq 5 on Feb 15, 2022. I was told that I've missed the cut off to order a 2022 Ioniq 5. 2022 orders was closed in Jan of 2022.

I'm currently on a waitlist for a 2023 model but the pre-orders aren't open yet. Basically I'm not officially on Hyundai Canada system. The sales person said the 2023 pre-order likely won't re-open until April but that's just a speculation.

Was also told I likely won't take delivery for 10-12 months.
Not liking what I'm seeing here. Was going to be putting a deposit down on one, not sure now.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Just put a deposit down on Monday [March 7th], in Ottawa. I was told September / October for delivery.

It also seems like the order books in Canada aren't official - dealers are taking paper orders, and when their system opens up, they'll all go on together in the order they were created.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Local dealership has had a few people walk away from orders. If you are looking for just a preferred model without the AWD or Long range, I'd bet some calls around would get one quicker.
Otherwise I was told the same thing when my partner suggested we "reorder" as she was not impressed with the color, 2023

·
Registered
36 Posts
My local dealer has a preffered long range RWD in stock flat I test drove. If it wasn't for my driveway I would have bought it.
I put a deposit on an AWD 2023. I am in the same boat as others above have indicated.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey, I just visited a dealership in Halton Region (near Toronto). The salesperson knew 1/3 of the information on the model compared to what I did, disappointing (He said we are driving the FWD, when it was the Preferred RWD).

So the info he provided with me, may not be credible - Deposit ($500) will land me in the wait list / production start date of May 2022, with a 9 month wait. Can anyone share some of the details they were provided to verify this? or is this coming out of his A...

·
Registered
15 Posts
That’s more than I heard. I’ve been told, as recently as last week, that there is no updated information on build/delivery (Waterloo dealer). That was via email last week. I put my deposit down for the wait list a month ago.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hey, I just visited a dealership in Halton Region (near Toronto). The salesperson knew 1/3 of the information on the model compared to what I did, disappointing (He said we are driving the FWD, when it was the Preferred RWD).

So the info he provided with me, may not be credible - Deposit ($500) will land me in the wait list / production start date of May 2022, with a 9 month wait. Can anyone share some of the details they were provided to verify this? or is this coming out of his A...
It was the same for me. He knew nothing about the vehicle. I knew more.
When I put down my deposit he said anywhere between 6-12 months for the 2023 version. I keep checking this forum for more info. He did say his dealership will be getting about 5 per month to sell. And I was one of the first to put my name down. So he’s expecting I’ll be one of the first in my area as some people will cancel.

·
Registered
2022 Ioniq 5 CG LR RWD
51 Posts
So here's my story, I had an order for I5 last June but I cancelled it because I bought Kona EV.
This February when I was visiting my dealer for some software update On infotainment, there was one I5 that I took it for test drive and ask him what would he give me for my Kona EV as a trade in value ( he offered me more rhan what I paid for last year) so I decided that I would put an order for it.
He said the same thing that they are taking order for 2023 now as 2022 orders are now closed. So I asked if he would be able to reactivate my order from last June, fortunately I had an order number.
He went to ask the branch manager or who ever is the boss of everybody.
So branch manager said he can't really undo the cancellation, but he Said he will call/email hyundai canada and see what he can do, he told them that they cancelled an order by mistake and wanted to put a factory order for 2022 LR RWD. Hyundai accepted the order.
Less than a month I received an email from hyundai saying my order has been shipped from the factory and VIN number. So I say try to check with the sales or someone and see if they can get you in line for order.
I mean turns out that dealers do have some pull on factory orders or they could reallocate order at factory order level, one or another way.
I put down my deposit Feb 10 and received email that it has shipped from factory on March 07.

·
Registered
2022 Ioniq 5 CG LR RWD
51 Posts
Just spoke with the dealer and was told 2023s are almost sold out already. Either there is ridiculous demand or Hyundai has dropped the ball on the number of planned productions.
Which province you're in ?
They can't be sold out for the vehicle that's not even built. That particular dealer might be full on their quota (which I don't think is the case because hyundai dealer in canada do not have quota, i asked my dealer), or your dealer is trying to create demand so you'd put in your deposit.
Ask around other dealership, this sounds like a made up things from your dealer.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Based on most people's experience on these forums, the information mentioned sounds correct.

As far as I can tell, 2023 pre-orders have not officially opened (some say mid-April, some say July). Sounds like dealers are just taking deposits and waiting for the system to open before they input the orders. If you were given a delivery timeframe for a 2023MY, I'd take it with a grain of salt. There's a huge backlog of 2022MY orders that are waiting to be fulfilled (myself included). I ordered a 2022 in January and my most recent email update still shows an expected production date of Dec 2022. There's still no word as to whether Hyundai will convert the 2022 orders with late 2022 build dates into 2023MY cars

OP, if you're even remotely interested in the car, I'd suggest putting down a deposit. It's fully refundable should you change your mind. Better to start queuing earlier than later..

can Canadians buy a car in the US and drive it back to Canada?
This would involve exporting the car from the US and then importing it into Canada. The costs associated with this would likely make it not worthwhile.

From what's been shared on these forums, non-Ultimate trim level cars were coming in sooner than Ultimate trims. I'm surprised the dealer gave you a production start date - those dates don't usually come until you get an order update from Hyundai

·
Registered
15 Posts
Which province you're in ?
They can't be sold out for the vehicle that's not even built. That particular dealer might be full on their quota (which I don't think is the case because hyundai dealer in canada do not have quota, i asked my dealer), or your dealer is trying to create demand so you'd put in your deposit.
Ask around other dealership, this sounds like a made up things from your dealer.
I’m in Ontario. I’ve also already got my deposit in; put it in about a month ago.

·
Registered
2022 Ioniq 5 CG LR RWD
51 Posts
I’m in Ontario. I’ve also already got my deposit in; put it in about a month ago.
Seems like dealer making up stories, I put my deposit a month ago for 2022 model and a week ago I got an email that it's been shipped from the factory. My dealer pulled some strings but he got that ordered. I
think it depends on the dealer and to what extent they are going to help customers.

1 - 20 of 165 Posts