Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner

1 - 20 of 103 Posts

·
Registered
846 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My EV is due for service soon. It would be useful to know upfront what the latest firmware versions are so that I can check the dealer updates if required.

I would be grateful if anybody with a UK spec EV bought/serviced recently could post a picture or details of their firmware.

Thanks.

·
Registered
846 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Bumping this thread back to the top.

I'm having problems with Hyundai Cyprus and their registered Service Agents as, having just had my 10,000 mile service, they are adamant that there is no upgrade for the Software/Firmware of my car which was first registered in the UK on 20th April 2017.

From other threads on this forum I know there is an EU update that became available at the beginning of this year. I presume this update is also applied to UK cars, but would be grateful if someone could confirm this, or give the latest UK version. A picture would be very helpful and give me ammunition to persuade Hyundai Cyprus that they are wrong. Thanks.

·
Registered
846 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I conclude, from the resounding response to my request for info on the latest Software and Firmware versions for the UK spec EV, that I am the only forum member with such a beast? Or maybe nobody has had an update?

I've attached a photo of my system screen and hope somebody can help by providing a photo of newer versions.

Attachments

·
Registered
2017 Hyundai IONIQ Electric Premium
792 Posts
Update from my dealer yesterday;

AE_EV.EUR.SOP.005.3.170927
AE_EV.EUR.0.5.222.170920.MICOM
STD_AVN_MID.EUR.HMC.170927.a803344
EUR.10.41.46.701.002.2 (D.D2 / E.D1)

But some roads here are still missing I found out last night.

·
Registered
846 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks Johtokunta and Patrick. Given your different locations yet the same versions means the files must be common to all of Europe. This is useful to know.

Johtokunta I see from your post that you updated your data yourself. Can you explain how you did this and where you obtained the files from. There are other threads on this subject and I have tried downloading files but so far without success. Thanks for oyur help.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Thanks Johtokunta and Patrick. Given your different locations yet the same versions means the files must be common to all of Europe. This is useful to know.

Johtokunta I see from your post that you updated your data yourself. Can you explain how you did this and where you obtained the files from. There are other threads on this subject and I have tried downloading files but so far without success. Thanks for oyur help.
What went wrong?

·
Registered
846 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
What went wrong?
When I click on this link (https://drive.google.com/file/d/1crW6-dJCE_m35XGbV6fYHWVsbuqYVj7-/view?usp=sharing) in post 1 the thread Updating the firmware on your Ioniq EV at home it comes up in Arabic, even though I am in Cyprus, and I cannot get it to change to English to be able to understand how to download. I find trying to do anything with google drive extremely frustrating.:(

I have now downloaded the map image, but cannot take that any further at the moment as the only 32gig SD card I have is faulty.

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
When I click on this link (https://drive.google.com/file/d/1crW6-dJCE_m35XGbV6fYHWVsbuqYVj7-/view?usp=sharing) in post 1 the thread Updating the firmware on your Ioniq EV at home it comes up in Arabic, even though I am in Cyprus, and I cannot get it to change to English to be able to understand how to download. I find trying to do anything with google drive extremely frustrating.:(
I don't understand the problem downloading, I clicked on link in your post and I am able to download see screenshot

I have now downloaded the map image, but cannot take that any further at the moment as the only 32gig SD card I have is faulty.
Because of problems members are having with the "bit torrent download" I have put a .zip file of the SD card map files in my Dropbox for forum members to Download :-

https://www.dropbox.com/s/tif7r850sbs7gvs/2018maps.zip?dl=0

Attachments

·
Registered
173 Posts
Chui, I am having the same problem downloading the Firmware update. I thought my 32 gig SD card was faulty so I tried another one. It turns out that the Firmware file is corrupted. Trying to find another source to download it from.

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
Chui, I am having the same problem downloading the Firmware update. I thought my 32 gig SD card was faulty so I tried another one. It turns out that the Firmware file is corrupted. Trying to find another source to download it from.
I have just downloaded the firmware update, and as you say the .img files seems to be corupt

Attachments

·
Registered
846 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I don't understand the problem downloading, I clicked on link in your post and I am able to download see screenshot

Because of problems members are having with the "bit torrent download" I have put a .zip file of the SD card map files in my Dropbox for forum members to Download :-

https://www.dropbox.com/s/tif7r850sbs7gvs/2018maps.zip?dl=0
The problem I am having is not directly linked to this specific firmware file, but rather a general google drive problem associated, I think, with the way my internet traffic is routed. Despite using a VPN to place me in the UK google drive thinks I am in the Gulf States and therefore uses Arabic with no option to change to English. Well done Google!

Thanks for taking the time and trouble to upload the Nav file to your dropbox, I am sure other forum members will find it useful to. In fact it would be great if the same could be done with a working copy of the EV firmware.

Reactions: BDG

·
Registered
424 Posts
I conclude, from the resounding response to my request for info on the latest Software and Firmware versions for the UK spec EV, that I am the only forum member with such a beast?
No, I too have the same 161212 firmware. My car went for service in the beginning of this month and they didn't have access to any newer version.

Update from my dealer yesterday;

AE_EV.EUR.SOP.005.3.170927
AE_EV.EUR.0.5.222.170920.MICOM
STD_AVN_MID.EUR.HMC.170927.a803344
EUR.10.41.46.701.002.2 (D.D2 / E.D1)

But some roads here are still missing I found out last night.
But do you have the regen setting fix? That problem... Going to EV panel, Driving Mode settings, setting the AC to Eco on all modes, and the regen level... and then charging schedule too.... did he stop forgetting those settings?

·
Registered
2017 Hyundai IONIQ Electric Premium
792 Posts
From what I understand this Ioniq amnesia should be fixed. But I only drove with the update for two days.

·
Registered
846 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
No, I too have the same 161212 firmware. My car went for service in the beginning of this month and they didn't have access to any newer version.
Interesting Migle that your dealer in Portugal, like mine in Cyprus, is unable to find any updates. I am sure the update is meant for all of Europe and everybody should be able to get the update. I'll have to try and find which cage to rattle at Hyundai to get this solved.

1 - 20 of 103 Posts