Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner
101 - 106 of 106 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi everyone,

I am from Israel and i just bought a new Ioniq Hybrid Supreme 2021.
The car came with April 2021 SW Version and i wanted to update it to Novemeber 2021 as the dealership haven't done that for me.
I downloaded the Nav Updater but couldnt find the version for my car.
I tried Both Europe and Middle East but car says no supported files found. Can you please help me pick the right one?

Thanks in Advance :)
You have navigation?
I saw that you have same software version as I have on Stonic... I think November 2021 Navigation Map and Software Update is useless for you, didnt work on mine too.
But someone more skilled than me could tell you more :D

Model: YB_22MYM225.DVAMN.F1EU
Software version: YB_22MY.EUR.D2V.001.001.210407
Firmware version: YB_22MYM225.DVAMN.F1EU

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi all,

Writing from the US and slowly dying from the "adventure" I've gone on to attempt to update the firmware. Hoping someone here could help...

Tried on my own originally after looking up CarPlay issues. Downloaded the software that corresponds to my model car:
2020 Ioniq Hybrid Blue (Purchased May 2021)
Current SW Ver.: AEPEHEV.USA.SOP.V108.200407.DAU_A
Current Firmware Ver.: AEPEHEV.USA.292.200319.MICOM.DL

Followed all the instructions: Downloaded Zip File, extracted DAudio folder to PC and copied to FAT32 formatted USB Flash Drive. When I put the drive in all it says is "There are no Media Files available." Going to setup to update also prompts "Insert the device that contains the update file(s) and try again."

I tried contacting Hyundai online to inquire, and they sent me to call the main Hyundai Customer Care number.

I gave them the entire story about how I couldn't install. The rep suggested I could either take it to my local dealer service to have them update (apparently they're supposed to at least once or twice a year) or purchase a flash drive online.

Made an appointment for a checkup for my car and let the service rep know I wanted to update the software because of sporadic CarPlay issues. He dismissed it as the cable (even though I've used every kind of cable at this point) originally, but still took a look (I think)? 1+ hour later and 3 service reps, no one knew how to resolve the issue(s) nor did they update the software, though they DID suggest there was an issue between Hyundai and CarPlay of some kind.

Aggravated at the waste of time, I decided to order the software online. $50 later (including $25 for shipping!) I find out this was the Navigation Map software and NOT the D Audio one. Irate, I called up MapNSoft to find out if I can return (minus shipping obviously) and they said to send it back (which means I have to spring for more postage). The rep at MNS was rather kind and tried to assist... she actually suggested there may be a CarPlay fix on updated software and that I should check one more time with Customer Care.

5 calls (2 disconnects, 1 I couldn't hear, and 1 that attempted to help me... only to transfer me back to MapNSoft) later, I had a rep attempt to help me as best as she could, but couldn't understand herself how to assist with the issue. She suggested trying different versions (not just 2020, but maybe 2021... somehow she thought Gen V2 was what I had, even though Gen V1 fits the current nav GUI) - suffice to say, she was throwing everything at the wall... even suggesting I contact Apple for a possible fix.

So here I am now. I tried the software for 2020 Ioniq one more time... still didn't work. Kind of convinced this isn't meant to be, but I figured I'd ask here to make sure I'm not missing something.

·
Registered
2019 IONIQ HEV Blue Trim | Ceramic White/Charcoal
202 Posts
Tried on my own originally after looking up CarPlay issues. Downloaded the software that corresponds to my model car:
2020 Ioniq Hybrid Blue (Purchased May 2021)
Current SW Ver.: AEPEHEV.USA.SOP.V108.200407.DAU_A
Current Firmware Ver.: AEPEHEV.USA.292.200319.MICOM.DL

Followed all the instructions: Downloaded Zip File, extracted DAudio folder to PC and copied to FAT32 formatted USB Flash Drive. When I put the drive in all it says is "There are no Media Files available." Going to setup to update also prompts "Insert the device that contains the update file(s) and try again."
Just to confirm, you went here: Notice | Official Hyundai Motors Navigation Update Website

Chose Audio > Audio Gen1 update: HYUNDAI NAVIGATION MAP UPDATE > Notifications
Downloaded and tried to install: AEPEHEV.USA.SOP.V115.201029

If so, per my post upstream here, I got the same 'There are no media Files available' message. The issue was my flash drive so, try another one and be sure that is Hyundai compatible (I found a list with a web search leading to the Palisade forum).

Regarding the intermittent CarPlay issue, and I hope I am wrong, because I had a charging issue a long time ago and felt like a fool when the Apple Genius took out a paper clip and flipped out a bunch of debris from the Lightning port.

I hope these suggestions help. Good luck!

(I just happened to see you opened another thread where you tried the Navigation install which of course, Blue trims do not have that feature BUT may want to post there pointing to this thread to help future users find a solution since it is more specifically a software issue vs maintenance and lessens confusion.)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Just to confirm, you went here: Notice | Official Hyundai Motors Navigation Update Website

Chose Audio > Audio Gen1 update: HYUNDAI NAVIGATION MAP UPDATE > Notifications
Downloaded and tried to install: AEPEHEV.USA.SOP.V115.201029

If so, per my post upstream here, I got the same 'There are no media Files available' message. The issue was my flash drive so, try another one and be sure that is Hyundai compatible (I found a list with a web search leading to the Palisade forum).

Regarding the intermittent CarPlay issue, and I hope I am wrong, because I had a charging issue a long time ago and felt like a fool when the Apple Genius took out a paper clip and flipped out a bunch of debris from the Lightning port.

I hope these suggestions help. Good luck!

(I just happened to see you opened another thread where you tried the Navigation install which of course, Blue trims do not have that feature BUT may want to post there pointing to this thread to help future users find a solution since it is more specifically a software issue vs maintenance and lessens confusion.)
Thanks! I thought I'd get more traffic in a new thread rather than here (Sidebar: Why is there no delete feature in this forum? lol) and got some tips over there as well. Going to try the paperclip trick later on, but that still doesn't solve the issue that I "can't" update the firmware...

I did update using the Gen 1 file you referenced, but it still won't register. You're the second person to point out it could be the flash drive itself, which leads me to believe perhaps that IS the reason why it's not finding anything... although even with the Hyundai Flash Drive it still said it was unable to find any media files (this WAS with the Navigation Update, however, so I don't know if I should have expected a different error message). I'll do some digging into that as well... out of curiosity, which flash drive did you end up using that worked?

·
Registered
5 Posts
@JohnIoniq1981 I actually had a new generic flash drive that I tried before getting a spec one and it ended up working.
Did some digging on the Palisade forum... looks like this is the list of approved(?) flash drives...
Font Number Screenshot Parallel Rectangle

I used Sandisk Cruzer for mine, still doesn't work. I could try another brand but I feel as though it's a waste of time/money. So annoying that Hyundai Customer Care doesn't have more of a tech support for these kinds of issues.

P.S.: I did try the paperclip thing to the lightning port and USB in car. Both had nothing, but I also tried a standard Apple cable and it seems to be fine at the moment. So at least there's that.

101 - 106 of 106 Posts