Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner

81 - 90 of 90 Posts

·
Registered
Hyundai Ioniq 2020
21 Posts
Would anyone be kind enough to post the latest USA HEV Software and Firmware versions? Also, I know higher trims include NAV/MAP but are SW/FW trim specific? (I have a 2019 Blue/basic trim).

I will be going in for service soon and want to hold my dealer accountable as I didn’t have the latest versions for reference on my 3-week long service marathon in February of 2020 when they said it was up to date:

SW Version:
AEHEV.USA.SOP.VO98.180611

Firmware Version:
AE.USA.282.180506.MICOM.D
You can download and update your Multimedia from here just make sure to download the correct firmware.

·
Registered
2017 Premium SE Hybrid
41 Posts
You can download and update your Multimedia from here just make sure to download the correct firmware.
Shame that only covers North American cars.

I presume there is no EU version. I haven`t seen one anyway.

·
Registered
2019 IONIQ HEV Blue Trim | Ceramic White/Charcoal
158 Posts
I'd still like to know what the latest software/firmware from any of our US 2019 Hybrid Blue owners have installed.

Thanks for your research, @HoSpeLL but without being able to confirm the model, especially as 2020s have the updated display and potentially bricking the head unit without a backup as have been brought up on your other thread here, not worth the risk IMHO.

·
Registered
Hyundai Ioniq 2020
21 Posts
I'd still like to know what the latest software/firmware from any of our US 2019 Hybrid Blue owners have installed.

Thanks for your research, @HoSpeLL but without being able to confirm the model, especially as 2020s have the updated display and potentially bricking the head unit without a backup as have been brought up on your other thread here, not worth the risk IMHO.
In order to for you to download a compatible update you have to refer to your current system information.
For example if your current software version is: AEPEHEV.USA.SOP.V108.190821(that is in my case) you will have to download the corresponding version (AEPEHEV.USA.SOP.V115.201029).

·
Registered
158 Posts
In order to for you to download a compatible update you have to refer to your current system information.
For example if your current software version is: AEPEHEV.USA.SOP.V108.190821(that is in my case) you will have to download the corresponding version (AEPEHEV.USA.SOP.V115.201029).
Correct we both have US Blue trims but yours is a MY2020 with the new 10” display and mine a MY2019 with the 7”. The description page to me is confusing IF all models should update to the latest version:

Again, I’m appreciative but have always been cautious when it comes to tech updates and always have a full backup should a restore be needed and the knowledge on bringing a dead device back.

·
Registered
Hyundai Ioniq 2020
21 Posts
Correct we both have US Blue trims but yours is a MY2020 with the new 10” display and mine a MY2019 with the 7”. The description page to me is confusing IF all models should update to the latest version:

View attachment 33251
Again, I’m appreciative but have always been cautious when it comes to tech updates and always have a full backup should a restore be needed and the knowledge on bringing a dead device back.
My car is equipped with the 8'' screen and doesn't have navigation ;)

·
Registered
2017 Premium SE Hybrid
41 Posts
Got my NAV updated and looks like the latest version has been installed.

I was surprised the dealer didn`t advise me to wait for the next one since it`s only a month or two away.

Anyway. Here it is

·
Registered
158 Posts
Can someone in the US please post their HEV’s most recent firmware/software versions?

Would anyone be kind enough to post the latest USA HEV Software and Firmware versions? Also, I know higher trims include NAV/MAP but are SW/FW trim specific? (I have a 2019 Blue/basic trim).

I will be going in for service soon and want to hold my dealer accountable as I didn’t have the latest versions for reference on my 3-week long service marathon in February of 2020 when they said it was up to date:

SW Version:
AEHEV.USA.SOP.VO98.180611

Firmware Version:
AE.USA.282.180506.MICOM.D

·
Registered
21 Posts
My current SW and firmware is:
SW - AEPHEV.USA.SOP.V087.170726
FW - AEPHEV.USA.263.170703.MICOM.D

It appears I should download and apply
SW - AEPHEV.USA.SOP.V108.201104
FW - AEPHEV.USA.292.190613.MICOM.D

However as others are trying to clarify too, how do you know if this latest firmware is for the 2020 Ioniq of a 2018 ioniq as they have different head units. I do not see any reference to model year on this page so wanted to confirm how we can identify this is compatible with our model year and specific model (ex. mine is a 2018 PHEV Limited w/No Navigation).

·
Registered
158 Posts
Thanks to Hyundai recently revamping US Display Audio Software Update page making it clearer, I finally took the plunge and updated my Non-Navigation 2019 US HEV Blue trim SW/FW.

I did run into a frustrating USB Drive issue though: ”there are no media files available" when plugging in the USB Flash Drive followed by “Insert the memory that contains the update file and try again" when hitting the update OK button. Being on a Mac and having already done the proper FAT32 reformatting, I assumed the hidden files; .DS_store, .Trashes, .fseventsd and .Spotlight-V100 files were the issue so deleted those in terminal but same result. Found on the Palisades forum that Hyundai has preferred USB Drives and I was using a cheapie one so went through the exercise again with a different drive and success!

To answer my own previous queries, I can confirm these are functional:
SW
AEHEV.USA.SOP.V108.201102 (Note that this is what is listed on the Download page but the actual SW is .201104)

FW
AE.USA.292.190613.MICOM.D

For those who may be gun shy as I was, it really was simple and there is nothing to be done including when it prompts you to restart the system, it does it on its own. Here’s a GIF of the steps the process goes through which took 18 minutes:

81 - 90 of 90 Posts