Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner

41 - 60 of 86 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
My US 2018 Ioniq HEV (no nav) has firmware version AE.USA.258.170516.MICOM.D

Has anyone from the US had any luck getting their firmware updated by their dealers? My dealer is a bit on the archaic side so I'm not sure if they would understand what I need.

Attachments

·
Registered
209 Posts
Any fellow Canadians know what the most current version of the firmware and maps should be? I've attached a picture from my car.

I picked up my car at the end of June this year.

Thanks!

Attachments

·
Registered
94 Posts
Any fellow Canadians know what the most current version of the firmware and maps should be? I've attached a picture from my car.

I picked up my car at the end of June this year.

Thanks!
The only thing that I might be able to share that's relevant is the map version - mine's a PHEV that I picked up in July in Kitchener. My map is on Version 11.

Attachments

·
Registered
209 Posts
The only thing that I might be able to share that's relevant is the map version - mine's a PHEV that I picked up in July in Kitchener. My map is on Version 11.
Thanks. That confirms that the maps are out of date, so I'm guessing everything is out of date. I really was hoping that they updated it all before delivering the car. :(

·
Registered
20 Posts
I don't think it's new, but just in case.

Yesterday I picked up the car from the 30000km inspection.

Before and after photos of the updates.

Additionally, I have been called from Hyundai Spain to do the following jobs:

Clutch check
Updating of battery management ECUs

Attachments

·
Registered
64 Posts

Has anyone from the US had any luck getting their firmware updated by their dealers? My dealer is a bit on the archaic side so I'm not sure if they would understand what I need.
I have the same as you on my 2018. I suspect there may not be much to update since they are really dumb head units and the Nav and such are read from our phones for AA or Apple Car Play.

Possible I guess that it could be updated for screen stuff or adding or removing items. Maybe algorithm stuff for the hybrid fuel information.

I'll have to ask my dealer about on my oil change coming up and see what they say

·
Registered
33 Posts

I have the same Firmware version only Canadian, AE.CAN.258.170516.MICOM.D and software AEHEV.CAN.0000.V085.170717. I had the Ioniq in for the BMS update on the weekend and the Dealer said this was up to date.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I'm in the UK driving an Ioniq Hybrid Premium bought new in October 2017. It's going in for its first service next month. I want to make sure the dealer installs the latest updates.

I currently have:

Software: AE_HEV.EUR.SOP.003.17.161212
Firmware: AE_HEV.EUR.0.5.139.161118.MICOM
NAV APP: INT_AVN_MID.EUR.HMC.161209.100733
Map: EUR.09.47.50.582.002.2(D.C1)

I notice that the latest posted configuration for the UK (Bluecar et al) is:

Software: AE_HEV.EUR.SOP.005.3.170927
Firmware: AE_HEV.EUR.0.5.222.170920.MICOM
NAV APP: STD_AVN_MID.EUR.HMC.170927.a803344
Map: EUR.10.41.46.701.002.2(D.D2)

But I also notice that one or two (Belgian?) posts show something that looks even more recent for SW and FW:

Software: [FONT=&quot]AE_HEV.EUR.SOP.005.8.180125[/FONT]
Firmware: [FONT=&quot]AE_HEV.EUR.0.5.250.180110.MICOM[/FONT]
NAV APP: STD_AVN_MID.EUR.HMC.170927.a803344
Map: EUR.10.41.46.701.002.2(D.D2)

Would the Software and Firmware be different for the UK versus Belgium?

And also, should I expect my present Nav App prefix (showing "INT_AVN") to be OK changing to ("STD_AVN")?

Thanks in advance for any help.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I'm in the UK driving an Ioniq Hybrid Premium bought new in October 2017. It's going in for its first service next month. I want to make sure the dealer installs the latest updates.​

I currently have:​
Software: AE_HEV.EUR.SOP.003.17.161212​
Firmware: AE_HEV.EUR.0.5.139.161118.MICOM​
NAV APP: INT_AVN_MID.EUR.HMC.161209.100733​
Map: EUR.09.47.50.582.002.2(D.C1)​

I notice that the latest posted configuration for the UK (Bluecar et al) is:​
Software: AE_HEV.EUR.SOP.005.3.170927​
Firmware: AE_HEV.EUR.0.5.222.170920.MICOM​
NAV APP: STD_AVN_MID.EUR.HMC.170927.a803344​
Map: EUR.10.41.46.701.002.2(D.D2)​

But I also notice that one or two (Belgian?) posts show something that looks even more recent for SW and FW:​
Software: AE_HEV.EUR.SOP.005.8.180125​
Firmware: AE_HEV.EUR.0.5.250.180110.MICOM​
NAV APP: STD_AVN_MID.EUR.HMC.170927.a803344​
Map: EUR.10.41.46.701.002.2(D.D2)​

Would the Software and Firmware be different for the UK versus Belgium?​

And also, should I expect my present Nav App prefix (showing "INT_AVN") to be OK changing to ("STD_AVN")?​

Thanks in advance for any help.​

·
Registered
526 Posts
Is anybody able to confirm what is the latest Firmware for the Premium SE EV?
I took delivery of the car in June 2018.
System Information attached.
I am UK based, if that has a bearing.......
Mine was at the dealer's today to replace my cup holders and fit my front & rear dashcams.
Map and firmware check etc was mentioned but since it was their demonstrator registered in March and I only bought it in August, I expect it should be up to date.
I’ll post a shot of the screen in the morning

·
Registered
526 Posts
Is anybody able to confirm what is the latest Firmware for the Premium SE EV?
I took delivery of the car in June 2018.
System Information attached.
I am UK based, if that has a bearing.......
Mine is the Premium SE EV same as yours.
My map is the same but the rest appear to be later versions
Hope that helps

Attachments

·
Registered
9 Posts
Interesting to see that P Dilly's versions posted yesterday are the same as Bluecar1's posted on 24 May. It's also interesting to note that versions and dates are the same for the EV and the HEV. I wonder if the actual firmware and software contents of each are the same.

Meanwhile I'm still curious about those versions in previous posts from Belgium and Romania with later (2018) dates:
Software: AE_HEV.EUR.SOP.005.8.180125
Firmware: AE_HEV.EUR.0.5.250.180110.MICOM

Do we think they might not be applicable to the UK?

·
Registered
526 Posts
Interesting to see that P Dilly's versions posted yesterday are the same as Bluecar1's posted on 24 May. It's also interesting to note that versions and dates are the same for the EV and the HEV. I wonder if the actual firmware and software contents of each are the same.

Meanwhile I'm still curious about those versions in previous posts from Belgium and Romania with later (2018) dates:
Software: AE_HEV.EUR.SOP.005.8.180125
Firmware: AE_HEV.EUR.0.5.250.180110.MICOM

Do we think they might not be applicable to the UK?
Yes that is surprising that both vehicles share soft and firmware given their differences. That said, it makes sense to wrap all the nessecary data in single files. If nothing else it wipes any risk of downloading the wrong files to a vehicle by mistake.

·
Registered
9 Posts
My Ioniq Hybrid Premium SE had its first (12 month) service yesterday and software, firmware, nav app and map updates were applied. Attached shows display now.

Attachments

·
Registered
10 Posts
First service (and recall)

My PHEV had its first service, (plus recall work), last week. I spoke to the workshop manager re a SW/FW/Map update. He advised to bring the car back in late January or early February as that is when he expects to see the next update.

p.s. Nice touches re the time in workshop. Free courtesy car, even though they knew I would be driving ~100km that morning; SMS to tell me my car was ready; Interior vacuumed; Sprayed a pleasant air freshener in the cabin (I must check my deodorant!); Bottle of chilled mineral water in the cup holder.

·
Registered
195 Posts
My UK spec Hybrid SE is going in for first service next week and I thought I'd check the versions before it goes in. I don't know if I'm missing something but when I go into settings all I can get is three lines offering available memory, language choice and reset to default. The SE has no sat nav and a smaller centre screen.
Any thoughts?

·
Registered
38 Posts
Here is the latest software and map update from having picked up my Ioniq Hybrid from its service this morning:
Did you notice any changes since firmware and map updates, mines booked in for the 1st March for its next service, 40k. Oh and some recalls to be done.....

Allan

41 - 60 of 86 Posts