Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner

21 - 40 of 90 Posts

·
Super Moderator
8,245 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
that is not a good start,

there may not be any firmware for the engine / hybrid ECU,

it is the media unit firmware and maps, have a look in the back of the Ioniq brochure and see if you find reference to mapcare

the attached is from the UK brochure, and shows we get 10 years of map updates

Attachments

·
Registered
9 Posts
Just had my 2 year service, went from these versions:
Software: AE_HEV.EUR.SOP.12.002.4
Firmware: AE_HEV.EUR.SOP.0.5.100.160707
NAV APP: ECN.EUR.HMC.160707.94559
Map: EUR.09.41.42.590.002.1(D.B2)

to these:
Software: AE_HEV.EUR.SOP.005.3.170927
Firmware: AE_HEV.EUR.0.5.222.170920.MICOM
NAV APP: STD_AVN_MID.EUR.HMC.170927.a803344
Map: EUR.10.41.46.701.002.2(D.D2)

The behaviour of the car pulling away from roundabouts seems to be more predictable and I'm not feeling the need to stick it into sport mode in these circumstances any more, is that something expected? Also I've so far averaged 74 mpg (61.6 mpg US) which is far higher than I've managed before.

One thing I'm unsure about is when I took it for service, they said there was something like an engine management update or battery management update needed, I had to sign a separate work sheet and it came up on their system as a repair in addition to the service, he said it was covered under warranty. Is that related to the above improvements I'm seeing?

·
Registered
9 Posts
I haven't played with smart cruise too much yet but will have a go on my way home later, I had strayed away from using it too much as the erratic braking was possibly making me look like a bad driver!

·
Registered
89 Posts
My HEV is going in for the battery management software update today. Hoping that the other software updates get done at the same time as my nav, map and firmware versions are all out of date.

·
Registered
89 Posts
My dealer said he didn’t know about a new software and firmware update ?. Hopefully someone is capable to post it online.
I didn't take my Ioniq to my usual dealer as like yours, they weren't aware of an update. Luckily I live between 2 dealers so ended taking it to the other dealer who were able to perform the update. Took only 1 hour to complete whilst I waited on site.

·
Registered
65 Posts
My dealer said he didn’t know about a new software and firmware update ?. Hopefully someone is capable to post it online.
Did you tell them that you have proof that there are newer versions of the firmware/software for western europe available. You could show them the photos from this thread. If they're still not willing to help then tell them you will be forced to contact Hyundai Motor Netherlands directly and ask why their dealer is not able to perform a simple firmware upgrade to ensure that their customer's car is working optimally. Maybe they need re-training ;)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Synthsam, I also have 2016 firmware on my hybrid, and since last 30.000 km check-up nothing changed. Have they updated your firmware in the meantime ?

·
Registered
65 Posts
Synthsam, I also have 2016 firmware on my hybrid, and since last 30.000 km check-up nothing changed. Have they updated your firmware in the meantime ?
I now have Jan 2018 firmware and software and Sep 2017 maps (same maps that you see other people with on here). See post number 25 in this thread for the exact version numbers. I don't think I would have gotten the update if I wasn't pushy with the dealer. I didn't say "is there an update?", but rather "this firmware is out of date and needs updating".

·
Super Moderator
2,227 Posts
When I last booked mine in for a service I added a note on the booking form that all available updates should be applied . Maybe they don't bother unless specifically requested ?

·
Registered
65 Posts
When I last booked mine in for a service I added a note on the booking form that all available updates should be applied . Maybe they don't bother unless specifically requested ?
Maybe they apply the "if it ain't broke don't fix it" firmware update mentality. Doesn't really explain the hesitance with the maps though, they should just apply those by default.

·
Registered
278 Posts
I didn't take my Ioniq to my usual dealer as like yours, they weren't aware of an update. Luckily I live between 2 dealers so ended taking it to the other dealer who were able to perform the update. Took only 1 hour to complete whilst I waited on site.
Hi, do you have the firmware updated to the one ending 180110? If so is your car one of 2017 model and not 2018 model. I’m just after clarity before I visit my dealership as they are not always helpful or on the ball with this detail. Thank you in advance.

·
Registered
278 Posts
I received this update from the dealer,
except the map, which I installed myself

Hi. How old is your car? What reg and model year? It would be good to know. Thanks?

·
Registered
278 Posts
Hi. How old is your car? What reg and model year? It would be good to know. Thanks?
My car is 1 year old, since August 2017.
Super thank you. If you have the 17 model and the 2018 software then all 17 models should be able to have it. Cheers.

21 - 40 of 90 Posts