Registered
4 Posts
hello,
I have this one in my Hyundai Ionic Hybrid (french) 2018

Logiciel : AE_HEV.EUR.SOP.003.17.161212
firmware : AE_HEV_EUR.0.5.139.161118.MICOM
navigation : INT_AVN_MID.EUR.HMC.161209.100733
carte : EUR.09.47.50.582.002.2(D.C1)

How can we read version to be sure having the last one ? it's not very readable.

best
bruno

·
Super Moderator
7,703 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
that is an old firmware and needs updating

Logiciel : AE_HEV.EUR.SOP.003.17.161212
firmware : AE_HEV_EUR.0.5.139.161118.MICOM
navigation : INT_AVN_MID.EUR.HMC.161209.100733
carte : EUR.09.47.50.582.002.2(D.C1)
the bits in read are the dates in yymmdd format

see attached for current version

Attachments

·
Registered
32 Posts
Firmware updates

current firmware of UK / EU media / NAV unit
I took our car in for firmware and all other updates yesterday waited 2.5 hours and nothing has changed, this is second time we have taken it in last time just got map update, I don't think they know what they are doing or they think we don't know latest dates. This is SLM Dealers in Norwich, not impressed.

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
I took our car in for firmware and all other updates yesterday waited 2.5 hours and nothing has changed, this is second time we have taken it in last time just got map update, I don't think they know what they are doing or they think we don't know latest dates. This is SLM Dealers in Norwich, not impressed.
I'm waiting for updates, the technician at my dealer does not know how to do it and is waiting for training, but dealer has been honest about it.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Is anybody able to confirm what is the latest Firmware for the Premium SE EV?
I took delivery of the car in June 2018.
System Information attached.
I am UK based, if that has a bearing.......

Attachments

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
Does anyone know what is the latest firmware version for the USA? This is what I have:
I haven't checked mine but since it's never been updated, and my car is older than your firmware, I should probably get my dealer to address that. I have to take it in for the clutch actuator fluid recall anyway.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I picked my hybrid up yesterday and it had a 2016 firmware on it, so I told them it was out of date. They got back to me about this today and said that all dealerships (in Belgium?) have been banned from installing the current version because it is bricking the navigation units requiring hardware replacement. They said that they would have a new version in a few weeks. Anyone else heard of this?

·
Super Moderator
7,703 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
sounds a bit dubious based on the number of cars with the latest firmware and no reports of any media units being bricked?,

unless they have managed to brick some due to not updating it correctly?

more like "oh **** a customer knows more than us, lets think of some BS quick to buy us some time"

you could always ask Hyundai belguim directly >:)

·
Registered
44 Posts
I'll give them the benefit of the doubt for now. They also delivered the car with the inverter coolant on the min mark, so I will give them time to decide what they're doing about that before I persue them more proactively.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Does anyone know what is the latest firmware version for the USA? This is what I have:
I don't know what the current version is, but I will hopefully learn more tomorrow when I take my ioniq to the dealership tomorrow for the brake actuator recall. I have attached a picture of the version on my car. I have already been to the dealership for an earlier recall as well as the 10,000 mile inspection and oil change. Neither of the invoices for those visits indicate that the firmware was assessed/updated.

Attachments

·
Registered
49 Posts
I’m at the dealership now and the tech just told me that there are no current updates for my car’s firmware. Not that it is up to date, mind you, but that there are no updates. I mentioned that someone across the country with a newer car than mine had different numbers, but he reiterated that there is nothing to be done with my car as of this date. They can’t do anything until Hyundai tells them to.

He also initially told me that, if I was due for an update that I would have to go to Hyundai’s website to buy it and download it myself. I told him that sounded like a navigation system update, not firmware for the car itself. He later corrected himself (when he came back to confirm that there were no updates for my firmware) and said that when an update becomes available, Hyundai will send out a campaign-like letter informing me and the dealership
would then perform the update.

P.S. I’m here for the actuator clutch recall. First thing he tells me is that he doesn’t know if they have the equipment/parts to do the work. I scheduled this appointment a week ago. So we’re off to a roaring start.

1 - 20 of 72 Posts
About this Discussion
71 Replies
39 Participants
superactionRN
Hyundai IONIQ Forum
A community of Hyundai Ioniq enthusiasts discussing the electric acceleration & reliability of the Hyundai ioniq hybrid.
Full Forum Listing