Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just came back from my local Hyundai dealer. They have a printout of about 150-200 people who have ordered Ioniq 5s. They're quoting 12 - 14 months for delivery. That's more than a model year. I'm hanging back because something is likely to change in the market before then.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Call the next 4-10 dealers. Ask what is their markup on the car and what is the wait time. I. did this a month ago in a frantic search for an Ioniq 5 before the tax credit expiration. Found 4 dealerships with sub 3k markups and one-two months expected wait to get allocated a car (3 who called post 8/16),one who refuses to presell so you'd have to take off work to show up for delivery day and 2 with 5k+ markups that at least one was willing to negotiate. Decide whether the no markup is worth the wait.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Call the next 4-10 dealers. Ask what is their markup on the car and what is the wait time. I. did this a month ago in a frantic search for an Ioniq 5 before the tax credit expiration. Found 4 dealerships with sub 3k markups and one-two months expected wait to get allocated a car (3 who called post 8/16),one who refuses to presell so you'd have to take off work to show up for delivery day and 2 with 5k+ markups that at least one was willing to negotiate. Decide whether the no markup is worth the wait.
Just like the crazy housing market, everyone who paid thousands above asking price now regrets it since it is getting back to somewhat normal. One guy in a close by neighborhood in Wake Forest NC paid $100K above asking price. No regrets if you are that rich and stupid otherwise, they are about ready to commit suicide.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts