Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone tried this wireless adapter? It is rather expensive but makes it easy to use your phone wirelessly. This really should be something that Hyundai does but until they do I am thinking of buying this.

·
Registered
2019 IONIQ HEV Blue Trim | Ceramic White/Charcoal
125 Posts
I’ve looked at this and it is pricey just to save me from plugging my iPhone in plus, should  Apple kick out an iOS update that bricks it, I’d be none too pleased. My 2¢

·
Registered
8 Posts
I want one as well. I do not see why Apple would care, as long as you are using Car Play with the opportunity to buy something. Just a couple positive reviews from someone other than the makers website may get me to buy it. I keep leaving my phone in the car when I plug it up.(getting old is not for sissies) :cool:

·
Registered
173 Posts
It's not Apple that are the problem. They have made it available as a wireless product. Hyundai haven't sorted out the software (I assume) to make it work wirelessly. I have bitten the bullet and bought one of the Cplay2air dongles and will give it a test and let you know how it goes. Like you, ElvisHessler, I am forever leaving my phone in the car or realising once I am driving that I haven't connected it - then break the law trying to connect it as I am driving!!

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Cplay2air arrived today. Fairly easy to set up and works a treat so far. As most modern iPhone batteries last a lot longer it doesn't matter that it stays in your pocket rather than being charged. I do like the freedom of not having to plug the cable in every time I get in the car. ElvisHessler, I will keep you updated after a good use of it (driving some distance tomorrow so that will be a good test).

·
Registered
205 Posts
Cplay2air arrived today. Fairly easy to set up and works a treat so far. As most modern iPhone batteries last a lot longer it doesn't matter that it stays in your pocket rather than being charged. I do like the freedom of not having to plug the cable in every time I get in the car. ElvisHessler, I will keep you updated after a good use of it (driving some distance tomorrow so that will be a good test).
hey buddy!

please let us know more how it works in ioniq. i mean does it have lag when you use google maps? or waze. or how about youtube streaming. and do you get random disconnects,. etc

cheers

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I haven't tried with Google maps or Waze yet but it works fine with Spotify. We can't get Youtube streaming in the UK (not in cars anyway but if you know a hack please let me know!). As far as I can see everything works exactly the same as it did before. It does take about 5 seconds longer to log in. I will test it out with texting and google maps etc later today and let you know how it goes. At the moment it is a godsend not having to keep taking my phone out of my pocket, connecting the USB cable to it and then forgetting to take the phone out of the car when I leave!!

·
Registered
205 Posts
I haven't tried with Google maps or Waze yet but it works fine with Spotify. We can't get Youtube streaming in the UK (not in cars anyway but if you know a hack please let me know!). As far as I can see everything works exactly the same as it did before. It does take about 5 seconds longer to log in. I will test it out with texting and google maps etc later today and let you know how it goes. At the moment it is a godsend not having to keep taking my phone out of my pocket, connecting the USB cable to it and then forgetting to take the phone out of the car when I leave!!
okey, sounds good. Coz im thinking about buying 1. where did you order from? their official site?
if you have jailrboken your iphone , you can unlock the carplay totally. so every apps shows up on the head unit. youtube while driving, iptv, moviebox etc.

·
Registered
205 Posts
i read goodle maps with sattelite gives lag and stutter, but normal mode no satelite works fine,
waze should work fine also. does the button work on the steering? like turning volume up and down etc

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yes to the question about the steering wheel button. It moves music on to the next song and turns the volume up or down. I ordered it from their website. It took about 10 days to come (apparently they sold out and it would normally take only 5 days). I'm out driving in an hour so I'll try Waze and Google maps then and report back.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Right, just back from my journey. Waze works absolutely fine. No lag whatsoever. Google maps works fine as a sat nav but as soon as the voice gives a direction it pauses any music playing. Spoken text's work fine...in fact everything seems to work the same as the tethered phone (I haven't tried Google maps with the USB lead to see if the result is the same.) All in all, I am very pleased with the product.

·
Registered
525 Posts
Is there an equivalent Android adapter?

·
Registered
205 Posts
Right, just back from my journey. Waze works absolutely fine. No lag whatsoever. Google maps works fine as a sat nav but as soon as the voice gives a direction it pauses any music playing. Spoken text's work fine...in fact everything seems to work the same as the tethered phone (I haven't tried Google maps with the USB lead to see if the result is the same.) All in all, I am very pleased with the product.
Sounds great! Thanx for the feedback. First thing you did when you got it was a firmware upgrade?

I’m going to order mine

·
Registered
205 Posts
ok coo. you should definetly do that. read the logs, lots of fixes etc, I ordered mine last night with express shipping :D
hopefull it will run good with carbridge tweak as well

·
Registered
'17 Marina Blue HEV Ltd I O N I Q since 25 Jul '17
1,836 Posts
While I do not use my iPhone for music, even while using CarPlay (I use a separate iPod Classic plugged into the Aux 3.5mm port), I have always noted that while Waze only mutes the front speakers to provide voice directions, Google Maps has always muted all speakers when providing voice directions; this, of course, all through the USB lead.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I have now done the update for the firmware. That was easy!! The instruction leaflet has a QR code on it. The phone reads that and lets you know if there is an update (which there was) and I clicked on the 'Update now' button and 20 seconds later it was done!. Not quite sure what difference it will make but always like to keep updated. Very pleased with the dongle (which I have now used double sided tape to stick it to the underside of the media unit (just above the USB socket. So now if I do want to charge my phone or headphones the wireless charging mat is clear.

·
Registered
205 Posts
I have now done the update for the firmware. That was easy!! The instruction leaflet has a QR code on it. The phone reads that and lets you know if there is an update (which there was) and I clicked on the 'Update now' button and 20 seconds later it was done!. Not quite sure what difference it will make but always like to keep updated. Very pleased with the dongle (which I have now used double sided tape to stick it to the underside of the media unit (just above the USB socket. So now if I do want to charge my phone or headphones the wireless charging mat is clear.
Cool!

Can you post a picture of how you taped yours? So I can get an idea?

1 - 20 of 45 Posts