Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
... except for one time at a Bee Charging station in Ystad, and the first time in Malmö, with the always reliable "Ionity". After that, nothing, and nowhere. Not at a Bee charging station, not at another one, not with NewMotion of Maingau of any other of the 20 passes we have, the special apps we could download, wouldn't be installed on our phones (not accesible). We barely made it back to Malmö Ionity, thanks to one free 11 kWh charging station that we found on some deserted parking lot, with with only 5 kms left. We had a 4 week vacation planned, touring through mid-Sweden, partly to camp out in Sweden (sleeping in our car, as we do), partly hotels along the route. After a wonderful week in the South, we couldn't make it past Ystad, and had to return, leaving us with the bills to pay for all the nun-refundable hotels, and three weeks of hard-earned vacation down the drain :-( ... I'm wondering though, if people from Sweden experience the same here in the EU? We never had issues charging in Belgium, France, Germany of Switzerland... And does anyone know what could have gone wrong here, maybe people from Sweden? I hear people from Norway have no problems there, are we the only ones maybe? Has our car been 'blocked' or something? We saw Swedes charging up where we couldn't... Some nice young man with a Leaf even tried to help us but he didn't have a clue either why nothing would work... Back with Malmö Ionity, in Denmark, Germany again, no problems...

·
Registered
348 Posts
What a nightmare! When you watch Bjorn Nyland doing his road trips through Norway and Sweden, he doesn't have that problem. I bet the petrol heads are saying "I told you so".

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What a nightmare! When you watch Bjorn Nyland doing his road trips through Norway and Sweden, he doesn't have that problem. I bet the petrol heads are saying "I told you so".
I bet they are, but probably behind my back ;-) It's the first time this ever happened but I guess it can't hurt to order some new cards or keys that are specific for the country you're visiting. Lesson learned! (We since got "bee charging" and "fortum"... for next time, because Sweden is too nice a country to skip! :))

·
Registered
348 Posts
I bet they are, but probably behind my back ;-) It's the first time this ever happened but I guess it can't hurt to order some new cards or keys that are specific for the country you're visiting. Lesson learned! (We since got "bee charging" and "fortum"... for next time, because Sweden is too nice a country to skip! :))
Bjorn mentions Fortum a lot, so its probably a good choice. I remember one of his videos he showed a dozen or so cards and RFID fobs in his central storage space where your elbow rests.

·
Registered
26 Posts

Fortum Charge and Drive, RFID usually has worked well, at least in Finland.
Green dots show the places where CCS is available.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts