Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

For those who purchase in full tank how much does it cost you to fill up and how many miles do you get approx?

Thanks.

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
Hi,

For those who purchase in full tank how much does it cost you to fill up and how many miles do you get approx?

Thanks.
Could you put your location and Ioniq variant in your profile, impossible to answer without knowing your country, and whether you are asking about PHEV or Hybrid.

Go to "User CP" at top right of page, then edit signature.

·
Super Moderator
8,169 Posts

·
Registered
452 Posts
did 700 miles over 3 weeks to and from work, fuel guage still showing full! did another 550 miles in less than 24 hours(so no plug-in) 1250 miles total low fuel light, on took 38ltr to fill up £45, so not really a simple question to answer with the plug-in!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm in the UK. 1250 miles in a plug in!

How big is the capacity of the hybrid premium car?

·
Registered
89 Posts

45 Litres.

In Spain 95 ron fuel costs around €1.30/L but can be closer to €1.10 in some hypermarket filling stations.

·
Super Moderator
8,169 Posts

quoted capacity for the hybrid is 45ltr's but i have never got more than 40 in, even with single digit range remaining

·
Registered
452 Posts
think the plug-in tank capacity is 43ltr, as I said before with plug-in its not really possible to quote a mpg figure if constantly plugging into mains! unless you start working out recharge values in kw and convert via cost into mpg, not so easy when half the time your plugin is at work for free.

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
think the plug-in tank capacity is 43ltr, as I said before with plug-in its not really possible to quote a mpg figure if constantly plugging into mains! unless you start working out recharge values in kw and convert via cost into mpg, not so easy when half the time your plugin is at work for free.
Even more difficult when you solar charge, and your energy company pays you 4.07p for each KWh you generate and use

·
Registered
2,843 Posts
I'm with Bluecar. 45 Litres in the hybrid is the official capacity, but most I've got in is about 40 litres. Range averages out at 570-600 miles per tankful. Even the Hybrid will do 100 miles more than the indicated range because of battery and regen.

Remember to fill only until the first click stop on the pump, the air gap is important.

Remember too, that unless you plan a long journey there is no need to fill the tank.

1/4 to 3/4 full is all you need and this saves fuel going stale (unlikely but can happen especially if you charge often) and more importantly saves weight. You'll still only be visiting the pump half as often! :D

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I rather fill the tank up to full capacity at a petrol station low prices as in my area usually once or twice a month they have low prices until they rise again. You could save yourself between £5-£10 per month by filling to capacity at a supermarket fuel offer.

·
Registered
784 Posts
I rather fill the tank up to full capacity at a petrol station low prices as in my area usually once or twice a month they have low prices until they rise again. You could save yourself between £5-£10 per month by filling to capacity at a supermarket fuel offer.
Don't forget though that achieved MPG will be reduced by carrying extra weight in fuel and over time as the fuel goes "stale". So the final net gain, if any, will be reduced from the pump price gain.

·
Super Moderator
2,043 Posts
I see no evidence in my case that the MPG is appreciably better running on half a tank compared to a full tank . I leave the tank run low every couple of months , so I wouldn't have thought the fuel would go stale .

·
Registered
'17 Marina Blue HEV Ltd I O N I Q since 25 Jul '17
1,825 Posts
It's costing me about $60 US currency a week.
Really? How many miles are you driving in a given week then? How much were you spending on gas a week for your previous car?

I'm spending only about $45-$60 Canadian per month for my Ioniq Hybrid. I can easily go more than 3 weeks without filling it up.

(Also, as a side note, could you please add your (approximate) location to your profile. With so many regional differences between these cars, it's a lot easier when we know where people are based.)

Reactions: bluecar1

·
Registered
'17 Marina Blue HEV Ltd I O N I Q since 25 Jul '17
1,825 Posts
I see no evidence in my case that the MPG is appreciably better running on half a tank compared to a full tank . I leave the tank run low every couple of months , so I wouldn't have thought the fuel would go stale .
If anything, I find I generally get better fuel efficiency during the top half of the tank than the bottom.

Reactions: bluecar1 and knutsp

·
Super Moderator
8,169 Posts
the one thing I have found is my Ioniq is not impressed with morrisons fuel, I did 2 fill ups and after the second I suffered less smooth running, and the car really wasn't happy, so the extra £1 per fillup to use a brand (BP) to me is worth it

it may be because I have always used branded fuel and my Ioniq is now a bit choosy on fuel (like a spoilt child not liking supermarket own brand coca cola :) )

·
Registered
1,784 Posts
the one thing I have found is my Ioniq is not impressed with morrisons fuel, I did 2 fill ups and after the second I suffered less smooth running, and the car really wasn't happy, so the extra £1 per fillup to use a brand (BP) to me is worth it
This reminds me of two experiences with my Focus. Once, in Sweden I filled up with E85. Power dropped 50%. Had to top up five times with E5 (normal petrol), for every time better. Avoided motorway and high speed/power.

Two years later, still with Focus, I filled up on a an unmanned "cheap petrol" station, and car started to show symptoms of diesel on the tank. Drove extra nice, and topped up at every station on the long trip. No harm, engine was back in shape gradually.

Maybe lucky in both situations, but as I read, harm to engine may not happen if ethanol or diesel is just blended in. But petrol on diesel car is catastrophe.

I wonder how well Ioniq will handle upcoming E10, as planned in Norway (debated, though). According to sources E10 should be fine for all modern cars, but may reduce power slightly.

Do you know what's in the Morrison fuel?

·
Registered
3,055 Posts
E10 is the standard in the US. Difficult to find E zero.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Why is the air gap important in refueling?

Remember to fill only until the first click stop on the pump, the air gap is important.

Remember too, that unless you plan a long journey there is no need to fill the tank.

1/4 to 3/4 full is all you need and this saves fuel going stale (unlikely but can happen especially if you charge often) and more importantly saves weight. You'll still only be visiting the pump half as often! :D
Can you give any references or follow up on the "air gap"? This is the first time I've seen it mentioned. I do know the owner's manual says only fill to the first click stop, but I don't recall it giving any reason or research.

Any research on "fuel going stale". Especially summer versus winter months?

Thanks in advance for your time.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts