Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner
21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Ioniq 2020 electric. Same warning 3rd time they will flush the coolant system, its getting time consuming to keep going to the repair center.
50,000 km
looks like it’s manufacturing fault.

Jordan.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Hi there,

Ioniq 2020/facelift/30kwh (whatever you want to call it, too many names :D) here, my coolant light triggered for the first time back in december, and at that time, my coolant was, in fact, low.

They filled me up but the light came back up instantly, this time without any visible lost of coolant. They told me that when they will change my battery, they will need to redo the entire coolant loop and that the issue will be gone.

And it did... for a few month. Coolant light came back a few weeks ago, I told them that I think it's just a sensor issue, as clearly the coolant level is good. They told me that the sensor is INSIDE the battery pack, and that when I got a new battery, I also got a new sensor.

Their best guess is that some of the "old" coolant is back and the sensor doesn't like it (why ?).

The car is in the shop today, they will do a full system cleaning twice and we'll see.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hi there,

Ioniq 2020/facelift/30kwh (whatever you want to call it, too many names :D) here, my coolant light triggered for the first time back in december, and at that time, my coolant was, in fact, low.

They filled me up but the light came back up instantly, this time without any visible lost of coolant. They told me that when they will change my battery, they will need to redo the entire coolant loop and that the issue will be gone.

And it did... for a few month. Coolant light came back a few weeks ago, I told them that I think it's just a sensor issue, as clearly the coolant level is good. They told me that the sensor is INSIDE the battery pack, and that when I got a new battery, I also got a new sensor.

Their best guess is that some of the "old" coolant is back and the sensor doesn't like it (why ?).

The car is in the shop today, they will do a full system cleaning twice and we'll see.
Unfortunately, you will never be rid of this problem. I have the same recurring problem. I think it’s an inherent defect of this model.

·
Registered
156 Posts
I guess you are right. I just got the car back and, not kidding, the warning appeared on the way back from the dealers lol

21 - 24 of 24 Posts