Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Actually Toyota do not offer private leases (Private Contract Hire) They attempt to force you down the PCP route as they make most of their money from the finance. Same goes for Lexus.

I did consider an Auris hybrid (really dislike the new Prius) but they pissed me off by allowing me to go through a test drive before telling me I couldn't have PCH, even though I had made it clear at the outset what I wanted.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Yes I found most dealers only wanted to sell the car outright or through PCP which I think the latter is expensive way unless it's on 0% finance which none of the cars I wanted are.

I was therefore originally going through brokers like I did with my existing vehicle until I found that a Hyundai dealer was doing about £20'a month cheaper than any broker prices I could get.

I think only Hyundai and Kia although the same company seem to be the only ones doing PCH.

I found all the other cars I was looking at were about £50 a month more than the Ioniq.

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
People finally waking up.. EV / Hybrid is the future and leasing is the way forward. Mines a lease, getting full EV in 2019 - when hopefully driving range and other features have improved.

·
Super Moderator
8,252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
not sure if I will go PHEV or full EV when my PCP I up in 4 years, all depends on the range etc of the EV's at the time, also by them we will have a facelifted Ioniq as well, just so long as they don't employ Toyota's prius design team

1 - 9 of 9 Posts