Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Happy 2021 everyone!

I've got a 2019 PHEV and noticed this strange noise coming from the parked car a while ago when I was randomly in the garage.
In the video, the car had been parked and off for at least 4 hours, but I'm unsure if it makes this noise sooner than that as I don't sleep in the garage with it. I once noticed the noise about 24h after it was parked.
Basically the noise sounds like a running fridge (compressor) and then gets louder with a pumping/ventilator type noise. I haven't caught it from the start so no idea how long it continues for. Link for video with sound here

Any ideas?

·
Registered
Iconiq plug In. Premium SE/ultimate 2019
248 Posts
I noticed this on mine when I returned to the garage after about2 hours, it was recharging at the time so assume it was the Battery cooling fans under the seat/ boot regulating the
Temperature,
The next day I unplugged her as normal with no problems so concluded that’s what it was,

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I noticed this on mine when I returned to the garage after about2 hours, it was recharging at the time so assume it was the Battery cooling fans under the seat/ boot regulating the
Temperature,
The next day I unplugged her as normal with no problems so concluded that’s what it was,
Mine wasn't plugged in so can't be for battery cooling...

·
Registered
2019 PHEV Ultimate
1,294 Posts
I've got a 2019 PHEV and noticed this strange noise coming from the parked car a while ago when I was randomly in the garage.
In the video, the car had been parked and off for at least 4 hours, but I'm unsure if it makes this noise sooner than that as I don't sleep in the garage with it. I once noticed the noise about 24h after it was parked.
Basically the noise sounds like a running fridge (compressor) and then gets louder with a pumping/ventilator type noise. I haven't caught it from the start so no idea how long it continues for. Link for video with sound here
Sounds like one of the electric coolant pumps. Maybe the Battery Saver Plus feature was active and it had to cool the DC-DC converter. I've heard it occasionally while charging but haven't encountered it at random.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I heard the same sound coming from the same place on the same conditions. The vehicle had been parked for several hours was not turned on and was not collected. However the noise coming from mine wasn't quite as loud as yours but same basic sound and from the same place on the car.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts