Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

Registered
MY22 Ioniq 5 AWD
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is best GOM reading anyone has fooled the IONIQ 5 algorithm into? Looking for first person to get 1,000 km range. 馃檪

(photo of dash needed as evidence)

Registered
Preferred AWD L.Blue
Well, I'm not even two thirds of the way to your desired target, but I was pretty happy to see 577 km, with 98% charge. So I have a chance of seeing 600km as a theoretical range.
Automotive design Gadget Output device Line Personal luxury car

Registered
2022 Hyundai IONIQ 5, Preferred Long Range RWD, 77.4 kWH, Phantom Black
Looks like you live at altitude, turned the car on and coasted down. ;)
Actually, when I got the car in January, I have charged it to 100% about every 1 - 2months. It kept on increasing every time.
Started at
495 KM
520 KM
562 KM
591 KM
652 KM

I stopped believing it now. These numbers are with ECO mode and climate turned off.

Registered
2022 Preferred AWD LR Ioniq 5
I'm sure there are exceptions, but I find posting of high range photos a little silly because it probably means you've been driving your commute really nicely lately and would have been just as well served by an old Fiat 500e.

Registered
MY22 Ioniq 5 AWD
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'm sure there are exceptions, but I find posting of high range photos a little silly because it probably means you've been driving your commute really nicely lately and would have been just as well served by an old Fiat 500e.
My purpose for this comp was in part to remind people that a GOM is rarely accurate, and you need to be aware that you might be driving to maximise the range calculated by the algorithms in the GOM rather than the actual range. So you can get ludicrous results.

But I also think trying to get high GOM readings is fun, although meaningless of course.

I used to do this in a previous (diesel) car and managed to get up to 1200 km GOM range which was nearly double the actual range. Was wondering how far we could push the EV GOM.

Registered
Ioniq 5 RWD MY22 Launch Edition
What is best GOM reading anyone has fooled the IONIQ 5 algorithm into? Looking for first person to get 1,000 km range. 馃檪

(photo of dash needed as evidence)
We Aussies have a slightly smaller batt-pack right? I'm still trying to get to my old Kona-EV GOM peak of ~500km

Registered
Ioniq 5 RWD 77.4kW
for 1000km range the consumption needs to be just shy of 13km/kwh or 7.7kwh/100km. I've seen 8kwh/100km before, when driving downhill or barely accelerating, but to maintain that for a significant distance you'd have to turn the car on at the top of a mountain and coast downhill to fool the GOM to that degree that it'll think that's the average consumption. And maybe do it immediately after a charge. So maybe someone in the mountains could do it just for kicks.

Registered
MY22 Ioniq 5 AWD
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
for 1000km range the consumption needs to be just shy of 13km/kwh or 7.7kwh/100km. I've seen 8kwh/100km before, when driving downhill or barely accelerating, but to maintain that for a significant distance you'd have to turn the car on at the top of a mountain and coast downhill to fool the GOM to that degree that it'll think that's the average consumption. And maybe do it immediately after a charge. So maybe someone in the mountains could do it just for kicks.
Anyone who lives in the mountains who wants to give this a go? Although I think coasting would be dangerous (& cheating) so don鈥檛 do that.

Registered
2022 Preferred AWD LR Ioniq 5
I think the car knows it's a hill and doesn't update the range calculation.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts